Car accident victims suffering from non-life-threatening injuries like a herniated disc have the right to pursue compensation. Your PIP plan, a liability claim, or, in some cases, a lawsuit could provide you with damages. A Boynton Beach herniated disc car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can protect your rights and negotiate for a fair settlement offer.
Do I Need To Hire A Car Accident Lawyer?
If you were injured in a car accident, you aren’t required by state law to hire a lawyer. However, working with a lawyer could bring clarity and focus to your case, particularly if you’re struggling with questions like:
- What can I say or not say to insurers?
- What are my options to receive compensation?
- Insurers lowballed my compensation – what’s next?
- Can I file a liability claim or lawsuit?
Our team can address these questions, reducing your confusion and stress. Similarly, if you simply find your case too overwhelming to deal with, working with a lawyer could also prove beneficial. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we can manage every aspect of your case, including:
- Negotiating with insurers on your behalf
- Dealing with case communications
- Gathering evidence and building your case
- Determining who caused your accident
- Filing a liability claim or lawsuit – we aren’t afraid of going to court on your behalf
We Prioritize Accessibility And Support
Dealing with the nitty-gritty of a car accident case is only one part of the services we provide. We want your legal experience to be seamless and comfortable. To ensure your recovery is as smooth as possible, we can:
- Provide you with the phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case
- Respond promptly to your calls and emails
- Help you schedule car repairs
Can I Afford A Lawyer?
Car accidents are often expensive, involving property damage and medical expenses. If your treatment costs exceed your PIP or medical insurance coverage, you may have outstanding bills.
We guarantee we won’t worsen these potential financial concerns. To do so, we work on a contingency-fee basis. This means that:
- You don’t pay a cent up front to work with us
- We only get paid if you receive compensation
You have the right to legal counsel if you’ve been in a car accident. If you choose the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, your financial stresses won’t prevent you from taking advantage of this right.
Our clients are the driving force behind our law firm. Everything we do, from insurance negotiations to legal representation, is for them. Read these testimonials to learn more about working with our team:
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the law firm of Anidjar and Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me. The Shire was very attentive and worked hard to make sure all of my concerns were sufficiently addressed. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” – Viviana J.
Herniated Disc Car Accident Damages
After a car accident, you can qualify for several categories of compensation called damages. To receive damages, you’ll need to first turn to your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. This form of insurance is required under state law to a minimum of $10,000. It applies regardless of fault and could cover the totality of your herniated disc treatment costs.
However, if your medical expenses exceed your PIP limit or your car needs repairs, a Boynton Beach herniated disc car accident lawyer from our firm can pursue a:
- Liability insurance claim: This form of insurance claim involves contacting the insurer of the driver who caused your accident. Our team can manage these negotiations to work towards the best settlement award possible.
- File a lawsuit: In some cases, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the driver that caused your accident. The damages in this action are determined by a jury verdict.
Pursuing either of these actions could make you eligible for additional damages, including:
- Expenses not covered by your PIP insurance or medical insurance
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship if your accident involved a wrongful death
Filing A Claim Or Lawsuit
To file a liability claim or lawsuit, though, you must meet one of the following thresholds:
- You sustained a permanent injury in your accident
- You were disfigured or scarred in your accident
- Someone passed away in the accident
- You lost an important bodily function
Don’t fret if this information confuses you — a Boynton Beach herniated disc car accident lawyer from our firm can determine if you pass the severe injury threshold, qualifying you for a liability claim or lawsuit.
Car Lawsuits Have A Deadline
If you plan to file a herniated disc car accident lawsuit, you must adhere to the Florida personal injury statute of limitations. This law provides victims with a four-year deadline, starting from the date of injury, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
If you miss this deadline, you will be barred from filing a lawsuit. Keep in mind that this deadline may be longer or shorter, depending on the specifics of your case.
What Is A Herniated Disc, Anyway?
In the spinal column, there are a series of pillow-like structures called discs. A herniated disc occurs when one of these discs is pushed outside of its containment structure, called a nucleus.
Generally, herniated discs are caused by an individual trauma, like a car accident. However, as you age, the discs in your back weaken, increasing your chances of experiencing a herniated disc. Those with a history of back pain face higher herniated disc risk.
Symptoms of this condition include:
- Numbness in the back
- Nerve pain
- Back pain
- Pain in the limbs
If you believe your herniated disc was caused by a recent car accident, seek medical treatment as soon as you can. The earlier you receive a diagnosis and begin treatment, the better. Similarly, if you hope to receive compensation for your car accident injuries, medical records can prove invaluable. Generally, to qualify for damages, you must have verifiable proof you were injured, like a doctor’s statement or medical record.
Are Herniated Discs Treatable?
Herniated discs have several possible treatment options, including:
- Physical therapy
- Rest and recovery
- Anti-inflammatory medication
- Surgery for more severe cases
If you have questions about your treatment options, consult your medical care provider. Your herniated disc may only require a few weeks of rest.
Connect With Our Herniated Disc Car Accident Lawyer Serving Boynton Beach
We’re here to stand up to insurers and aggressive legal teams on your behalf. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
We Can Help.