Just like any other driver, teen drivers can cause a car accident impacting the lives of other drivers and passengers on the road. You may end up with astronomical medical bills, lose the ability to work temporarily or permanently, and suffer psychological scarring that could last years.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand the physical pain and financial stress you are experiencing. A Boynton Beach teen driver car accident lawyer from our firm can handle your case and fight for the compensation you deserve while you recover.
Liability In A Teen Driver Car Accident Case
Teen drivers must follow the same traffic laws as adult drivers in Florida. Unfortunately, teen drivers are at a much higher risk of being in a car accident. There are several ways a teen driver could cause an accident, including:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Reckless driving
- Drug use
- Drowsy driving
Common distractions that result in car accidents include texting, playing with the radio, taking phone calls, checking messages, viewing social media, and eating. All these activities and more are distractions that even adults are guilty of engaging in while driving. Teens, however, tend to be more distracted.
This is partly why Florida implements certain restrictions on teen drivers. This starts with a licensing system requiring them first to obtain a learner’s license and an intermediate one before they can obtain a full one. Florida also restricts teen drivers with an intermediate license from driving before 6 a.m. and after 11 p.m. However, it is acceptable if there is an adult in the passenger seat to reduce the risk of accidents late at night.
Despite restrictions, car accidents involving teen drivers still occur. And when a teen driver causes a car accident, you can seek compensation to cover your losses.
The Teen’s Parent May Be Liable For The Accident
In addition, while the teen driver may be responsible for the accident, their parent(s) may also be liable since they must sign their application for a license if they are under 18. Parents could also be liable for damages if their teen is driving a vehicle they own.
Our Boynton Beach Teen Driver Car Accident Lawyer Can Recover Damages For You
If a teen driver causes an accident and you sustain injuries, you may be entitled to damages our firm can help you recover. Recovering damages is not just about paying for your expenses; it’s about holding the liable party accountable for their negligence.
There are several damages you can recover, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Vehicle damage
- Home services
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological trauma
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral costs
If You Lost A Loved One To An Accident With A Teen Driver
If you lost a family member in a car accident, please accept our sincere condolences for your loss. No amount of compensation can fill the void left by a lost loved one, but it can help you and your family rebuild your lives.
We want to handle your legal case so you and your family can focus on grieving and healing together during this painful time. We have won multi-million-dollar settlements for our clients.
Our Teen Driver Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You In Additional Ways
If you hire our firm to handle your legal case, you can expect us to treat you like family. As we fight to recover compensation on your behalf, you can expect:
- Regular communication: We will provide you with your lawyer’s phone number, and we will return your calls and/or emails to ensure you have regular updates on the status of your case.
- Help to fix your vehicle: Your vehicle needs repairs, and we know you need it for transportation, so we can help you get your vehicle fixed. If your car is totaled, we can also assist you in replacing your vehicle. We go above and beyond for our clients.
- Assistance in scheduling appointments: We understand you have a lot on your plate at this time, so we can also schedule appointments for you so you have one less thing to worry about.
As for your legal case, there are several benefits to having a lawyer on your side. For instance, we will:
- Investigate the accident: We will investigate the accident to determine liability by obtaining police reports, traffic camera footage, photographs, medical records, witness accounts, and expert opinions.
- Calculate your claim: We will calculate the value of your claim, including economic and non-economic damages, to determine the fairness of any settlement offers.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: We will work to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company so you don’t have to do it yourself.
- Represent you in court: While most cases settle out of court, we will prepare and take your case to trial and represent you if necessary.
We urge you to obtain legal services after a car accident. Our law firm will go the extra mile for you so you have an advocate looking after your best interests.
Don’t Lose Your Right To File A Lawsuit
Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) restricts claimants from filing a lawsuit after the passage of four years without action. For a wrongful death, you only have two years to file, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). You will lose your right to file a lawsuit if these deadlines are not met.
Our law firm will work to meet the statute of limitations in your Palm Beach County case. We want the best possible outcome for you.
Consult With Our Boynton Beach Teen Driver Car Accident Lawyer
Fighting for compensation does not have to be a battle you fight alone. Our team primarily handles personal injury and wrongful death cases, so we have the experience our clients appreciate.
We offer free consultations and we work on a contingency-fee basis, so you don’t pay us unless we win and you receive compensation. If you or someone you love was impacted by a car accident caused by a negligent teen driver, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is ready to discuss your case and options.
We Can Help.