Rideshare services like Lyft and Uber are increasingly popular, but they can create a complicated case when accidents happen. Luckily, you do not have to face the aftermath of a rideshare accident alone.
Our Boynton Beach Uber and Lyft rideshare car accident lawyer can talk to you, investigate the accident, and determine whose insurance policy should cover your injuries and losses. We know how complicated Uber and Lyft cases can get, and we are here to support you throughout your case.
What You Can Expect From Your Lawyer When You Hire The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine
Getting hurt in a collision that was someone else’s fault is stressful enough. You do not need to worry about fighting for the compensation you need when you work with our firm. When our Boynton Beach car accident attorney handles your case, all you need to do is focus on recuperating from your wounds because we take care of everything else.
We are proud to go the extra mile for our clients. We know how valuable your time is, so we will help to schedule your appointments and even help arrange to get your car fixed.
Also, you can count us to:
- Communicate with insurers for you: We will deal directly with the at-fault party and their insurance company so that you do not have to.
- Handle insurance negotiations: We will negotiate with the insurance company to try to reach a fair settlement of your injury claim in the Uber or Lyft rideshare collision case.
- File a lawsuit: If your case does not settle and it is appropriate to do so, we will file a lawsuit that protects your right to go after compensation from the liable party.
- Conduct an investigation: We will investigate the accident and protect you from bad-faith insurance practices.
- Provide updates about your case: You can rely on your lawyer to contact you with updates about your case. Our attorney will make sure you know what to expect throughout the legal process.
Our firm cares about your health and well-being. You do not have to take on any additional stress by filing an insurance claim or lawsuit on your own. Our firm has experience managing rideshare accident cases like yours.
Uber And Lyft Car Accident Recoverable Damages In Boynton Beach
According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) department’s Crash Dashboard, there were 24,857 crashes with 215 fatalities and 15,203 injuries in 2021 in Palm Beach County, the home of Boynton Beach.
When people sustain injuries in motor vehicle accidents that were someone else’s fault, they can pursue a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party for their losses, which can include:
- The medical expenses for treatment of your wounds: These costs can include the ambulance trip, emergency room, hospital stays, doctor’s appointments, diagnostic procedures, imaging studies like x-rays and CT scans, lab work, surgery, physical therapy, and prescription drugs.
- Future medical treatment: If your treating physician reasonably expects that you will need additional procedures or medical intervention in the future because of your Uber or Lyft rideshare collision injuries, we can include that expense in your claim.
- Long-term care: After suffering devastating physical trauma, like spinal cord damage, a person might not be able to live independently. In this situation, we can include the cost of a nursing home or long-term care facility in your demand for damages.
- Pain and suffering: We can help you pursue compensation for the physical pain and suffering you endured because of the accident. Our attorney can use medical records and statements from your doctor to assign a monetary value to your pain and suffering.
- Lost income: People often miss work after severe motor vehicle crash injuries. If you do not get paid your full regular amount of income because of your wounds, we will take your lost income into account.
Boynton Beach Insurance Requirements For Rideshare Networks And Drivers
Florida Statutes § 627.748 requires transportation network companies that provide prearranged rides to carry more liability insurance coverage than ordinary non-commercial drivers. Depending on the circumstances, the required liability insurance coverage can be at least $1 million for bodily injury, death, and property damage.
How Liability Insurance Works In Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents
Depending on the details of your case, we could file an insurance claim with Uber or Lyft’s insurer to help you recover compensation. In general, both rideshare companies provide insurance coverage when:
- A rideshare driver was transporting a passenger or dropping off a passenger at their destination when the collision happened.
- A rideshare driver was on the way to pick up a passenger who had used the app to request a ride.
- A rideshare driver had the app open and was waiting for a ride request but had not yet received one. In this case, the rideshare company’s insurance could cover your accident if the driver’s personal insurance does not.
When a rideshare driver is not active on the Uber or Lyft app, they are off-the-clock. This means we would need to file an insurance claim with their personal insurer.
Filing an insurance claim after a rideshare accident can feel complicated. You do not have to figure this out on your own when the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine handles your Boynton Beach case. Your Uber and Lyft car accident attorney will evaluate the insurance policies and determine how to proceed.
Contact Us Today For Help With Your Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accident Case
You do not have to go through the legal process alone. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can be there with you every step of the way.
All you need to do to get started is to reach out to us today for a free initial consultation. One of our team members is available to answer your call 24/7.
We Can Help.