If you suffered injuries in a car accident caused by a food delivery driver, you can seek financial awards from the liable party. Sometimes, the driver’s employer may also be responsible for your damages.
A Boynton Beach food delivery car accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. We will explore every available avenue for recovering your medical bills and other losses.
What Are Your Options For Seeking Damages For A Food Delivery Car Accident?
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), more than 15,000 people suffered injuries in auto accidents in Palm Beach County in 2021. If you or your loved one was in a collision involving a food delivery driver, you have several options for seeking financial awards:
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Claim
We can help you file a claim and negotiate a fair settlement with your PIP insurance provider. Our attorneys can also review your insurance coverage and determine if you have other applicable policies that could increase your settlement, such as collision or comprehensive coverage.
Claim Against The Delivery Driver’s Liability Insurance
If you have a severe, permanent, or disabling injury, or your medical bills exceed your PIP, you may be able to pursue compensation through an insurance claim against the at-fault food delivery driver. However, the amount of insurance a driver carries may depend on who they work for.
For example, Uber Eats provides its drivers with $1 million in third-party liability coverage for injuries and property damages that occur while picking up or dropping off deliveries. But, other delivery services, like GrubHub and most pizza chains, do not provide insurance, and their drivers may only carry the minimum insurance required by Florida law.
Claim Against The Driver’s Employer
A food delivery driver’s employer can be held liable for a driver’s negligent actions under a legal principle known as vicarious liability. Our attorneys may be able to recover compensation from an employer if:
- They put undue pressure on their employee to make speedy deliveries
- They did not ensure the driver had a valid license
- They did not confirm the driver had a clean driving record
- They did not verify that the driver carried insurance
- They did not act on previous complaints regarding unsafe driving
- The accident was due to problems with a company-owned vehicle
Personal Injury Lawsuit
Our Boynton Beach food delivery car accident lawyers can help you recover your losses with a personal injury lawsuit against the liable driver or their employer if necessary. You must file suit within four years of your accident, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11.
If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, the statute of limitations allows up to two years from their passing to pursue a wrongful death action. The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can get started on your case.
For a free legal consultation with a food delivery car accidents lawyer serving Boynton Beach, 800-747-3733
Our Lawyers Will Fight For You in Boynton Beach
You do not have to handle complex insurance claims or legal issues alone.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will stand by your side through every step of your car accident case. We can:
- Investigate your accident and determine the cause
- File claims against all at-fault parties
- Identify and calculate your damages
- Collect evidence, including surveillance video, eyewitness statements, police reports, and medical records
- Prepare paperwork, track and manage deadlines, and handle case-related communications
- Aggressively negotiate to secure the maximum available compensation
- Take your case to trial if necessary
Our team can also help you schedule appointments and get your vehicle fixed. Additionally, we will give you your attorney’s phone number so you always have a way to contact us for assistance or with questions and concerns. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else. Just read what a previous client had to say about working with our firm:
“I have nothing but good things to say about the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine. This is a very professional, courteous, and caring group which work hard for their clients. I am very happy with how they handled my car accident case and with the results.” – Sonia G.
What Damages Can You Pursue?
Our Boynton Beach food delivery car accident lawyer can help you recover your past and future out-of-pocket expenses and compensation for intangible losses related to your pain and suffering. In general, personal injury awards may include:
- Medical expenses, including emergency services, hospital stays, surgeries, doctors’ appointments, medications, physical therapy, long-term care, and any other necessary medical treatment resulting from your auto accident.
- Lost income, including wages, health and retirement benefits, tips, bonuses, and other earnings.
- Lost earning capacity if you suffered a disabling injury that prevents you from working or returning to your previous employment.
- Pain and suffering, including compensation for scarring, disfigurement, loss of mobility, reduced cognitive functioning, physical pain, mental anguish, emotional suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Miscellaneous expenses, including household services, medical travel costs, rental car fees, and medically necessary vehicle or home renovations.
- Wrongful death compensation if your loved one suffered a fatal car accident injury.
Can You Afford A Lawyer?
No one should suffer from financial damages they did not cause because they cannot afford quality legal representation. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine works on contingency, meaning you do not pay up front or out of pocket for our services. Instead, our fees come from a percentage of your compensation, and we do not get paid if we do not win your case.
Boynton BeachFood Delivery Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
If you or you or your loved one suffered injuries in an accident on Ocean Avenue, Seacrest Boulevard, or anywhere else in Boynton Beach, we can help you seek justice. We will pursue a claim against the food delivery car driver who caused your crash and any other parties liable for your damages.
Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about how the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can advocate for you.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW