When you get hurt because of someone else’s carelessness, the law allows you to pursue personal injury claim for your damages. Your losses in a personal injury claim can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. A personal injury lawyer in Tampa, FL can help you go after compensation for these losses.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Tampa, call (800) 747-3733
We Handle All Types of Tampa Injury Cases
We help injured people in many different types of personal injury cases at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Here are some examples of cases we have handled:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Pool accidents, drownings, and near-drownings
- Boat collisions and other boating accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
- Defective product accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability cases
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents
- Bus, truck , and RV accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
We Can Help You Determine Your Claim’s Worth
We cannot say how much your claim is worth without talking with you and evaluating your case, because every situation is different. What you can recover will depend on the specific facts of your case.
Common damages in personal injury cases can include:
- Medical expenses, for the reasonable treatment you needed because of the accident. This category can include the ambulance, urgent care center, emergency room, hospital, doctors, surgery, diagnostic procedures, prescription drugs, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages, to compensate you for money you missed because of the accident and your recuperation time. These losses can include wages, salary, self-employment, and other income.
- Lessened earning capacity, if you cannot make as much money as you could before the accident because of your injuries.
- Disability, if you can no longer support yourself through gainful employment because of your injuries.
- Rehabilitation center, if you experienced catastrophic injuries, like spinal cord or traumatic brain injury, for which you need intensive medical care at a specialized treatment center.
- Long-term care, if you need daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care because of devastating injuries.
- Pain and suffering, for the physical discomfort and emotional distress the injuries caused.
- Other intangible losses, which can include things like loss of enjoyment of life, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), disfigurement, and a spouse’s claim for loss of consortium.
- Wrongful death, if your close loved one died as a result of a personal injury accident.
How We Determine the Amount of Your Damages
Every case is unique, but there are some standard procedures a personal injury lawyer uses when addressing the issue of damages. We will gather the documents needed to prove the dollar value of your medical expenses, lost wages, and other tangible losses. A tangible loss is one that usually comes with some type of documentation, like a receipt or an invoice.
For your intangible losses, like pain and suffering, PTSD, and loss of enjoyment of life, we calculate the amount based on your tangible losses and the facts of your claim. You cannot assume that everyone hurt in a personal injury case will get the same amount of money. Two people riding in the same car can have different injuries, resulting in different amounts of compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What We Have to Prove to Win a Personal Injury Case
We have to prove all of the elements of negligence when we go after damages in a personal injury case. We must show that the defendant:
- Owed you a duty of care. For example, if we are suing the other driver in a car accident case, we have to show that the law imposes a duty of care on the driver. Everyone who operates a motor vehicle on the streets owes other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and anyone else in harm’s way a duty to drive cautiously and obey the rules of the road.
- Breached the duty of care. It is negligence when someone breaches the duty of care. Let’s say that you were stopped at a red light when a drunk driver plowed into your car. Driving while under the influence of alcohol violates the duty to obey the rules of the road and drive cautiously. As such, the drunk driver breached their duty of care.
- Caused your injuries through negligence. The defendant’s negligence must be the thing that caused the harm. If you suffered physical injuries from the collision, the facts of your situation satisfy the requirement of causation. The defendant’s negligent act of driving while impaired caused the collision that injured you.
How an Attorney Can Help You with Your Personal Injury Claim in Tampa
By getting a personal injury lawyer in Tampa, FL to take care of your claim for damages, you can focus on your health and well-being. Our team can evaluate your case, investigate the facts, gather the evidence to prove your case, and calculate the fair amount of your damages.
Our Tampa injury lawyers can work directly with the insurance company so that you do not have to. Once you hire a personal injury lawyer to represent you, the insurance company is not supposed to bother you. If they contact you, just tell them to talk to your lawyer.
Make sure that you do not give the insurance company a recorded statement without the prior approval of your personal injury lawyer. The claims adjuster can twist your words to mean something you never intended, which can decrease the value of your injury claim.
Getting a Personal Injury Lawyer in Tampa, Florida On Your Side
Personal injury cases have deadlines under Florida law. If you miss any deadlines, you can lose the right to compensation. Over time, evidence can fade away or disappear entirely. A personal injury lawyer can protect you from the insurance company’s tactics and pressure to settle the case too early.
For all these reasons, the sooner you get a lawyer on board to handle your personal injury claim, the better. You do not pay us any upfront legal fees. Our legal fees will come out of the settlement or judgment at the end of the matter.
You can call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to get a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Tampa, FL.