Florida Statutes § 316.305, or the “Florida Ban on Texting While Driving Law,” states that drivers may not move their vehicle while using a mobile device. Unfortunately, many people do not follow this law. Texting while driving causes vehicle users to be distracted, which can lead to collisions and severe injuries.
If you were injured in a crash because someone was texting while driving, you can work with our Boynton Beach texting while driving car accident lawyer. We can help you build a case against the at-fault party and seek compensation. You should not have to pay for the losses associated with your accident when another driver is to blame.
How Our Boynton Beach Texting While Driving Car Accident Lawyer Can Help With Your Injury Case
Seeking compensation from the at-fault driver can be a challenge. You don’t have to fight for the settlement you deserve on your own. We know you are likely recovering from the injuries you sustained in the crash. Let our Boynton Beach car accident lawyer handle all the legal details for you.
Our texting while driving accident attorney can go after the at-fault driver’s cell phone records, look at red-light and security camera footage, and talk to witnesses. Depending on the facts of your situation, we might be able to pursue other forms of evidence as well. Also, when we handle your injury case, we:
- Provide you with your lawyer’s phone number and email address so you can reach them with any questions
- Give you timely updates about the status of your case
- Stand between you and the at-fault party’s insurance company so that you get the rest you need to recuperate from your injuries. Instead of being bothered by phone calls and emails from the claims adjuster, our firm will speak to insurers for you
- Negotiate with the insurer to fight for a fair settlement of your case
- File a lawsuit for you if we cannot settle your case through an insurance claim
- Explain the laws that apply to your case
- Prove that the distracted driver is responsible for causing the car accident
We will give your texting while driving accident case the attention to detail it deserves.
For a free legal consultation with a texting while driving accidents lawyer serving Boynton Beach, 800-747-3733
Damages You Can Recover After A Boynton Beach Texting While Driving Collision
You could recover economic and non-economic damages after being involved in an accident with a distracted driver. Economic damages compensate you for the out-of-pocket expenses associated with the accident. Non-economic damages make up for your intangible losses.
Some of the damages you can recover after a texting while driving car accident include:
- Lost income: When you suffer severe injuries in a crash with a texting driver, you might lose time from work without pay. This financial loss can be one of the economic damages that gets included in your case.
- Reduced earning capacity: After you heal from your wounds, you still might not be able to return to the same job you once had. If you have ongoing problems, like weakness, decreased range of motion, or chronic pain from your collision injuries, you might not be able to make as much money as you did before the crash. You can recover compensation for your reduced capacity to earn money.
- Medical expenses: Typically, the party whose negligence caused the accident will be responsible for paying for the medical treatment you needed for your injuries.
- Non-economic damages: In addition to the economic losses that come with paperwork like receipts or employer records, you can recover non-economic damages. We can calculate the financial value of intangible damages such as pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Our team can also help you seek wrongful death damages if a negligent driver caused a fatal collision. Wrongful death cases could result in compensation that pays for the decedent’s funeral and burial expenses. A Boynton Beach texting while driving accident lawyer can explain more about what you can expect in a wrongful death case.
Boynton BeachTexting While Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
The Problem Of Distracted Driving In Boynton Beach
The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) Crash Dashboard says that Palm Beach County, where Boynton Beach is located, experienced 23,400 crashes in 2022, which included 202 fatalities and 14,318 injuries. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department found 75 violations for texting while driving in 2021, per FLHSMV’s texting while driving report.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Four Mistakes That Could Hurt Your Right To Compensation For Your Texting While Driving Accident
After an accident, you should protect your right to compensation. For example:
- Avoid settling too early: If you settle your texting while driving collision case too early, you might be settling for a lowball offer. Sometimes insurance companies offer accident victims a settlement that is lower than they deserve. Insurers are often just trying to save their company money. However, you do not have to accept the first offer they give you.
- Avoid speaking with insurers: We generally advise our accident clients to decline to give a recorded statement to the insurance company. Claims adjusters frequently ask injured people to give a recorded statement. The adjuster can take portions of the transcript out of context, even using your words to blame you for causing the crash.
- Avoid posting on social media: While your case is ongoing, you should avoid posting on social media. Anything you share online can be used by the at-fault party’s team. They can take your words out of context and try to claim that your injuries are not as severe as you say they are.
- Don’t wait too long to file your case: Please do not wait too long to reach out to us. Florida limits the amount of time you have to seek compensation from the at-fault party through a lawsuit. If you miss the deadline to file your case, you could lose your opportunity to recover compensation.
Boynton Beach Texting While Driving AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Contact Us Today To Get Started On Your Case With A Free Consultation
You can get a free initial consultation today with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine about your Boynton Beach texting while driving car accident case. We can help you hold the texting driver accountable for the harm they caused you. Reach out to us today to get started on your case.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW