Were you hurt in a car accident? Are you wondering how you will cover your medical bills and make ends meet while you are unable to work? A car accident lawyer in Florida from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can discuss your case with you and determine your options to recover compensation.
Our law firm offers legal services to Floridians and visitors injured in car crashes. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us today at 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Florida, call (800) 747-3733
Your Options for Recovering Compensation
After a Florida car accident, you have two options to recover compensation:
- File a claim with your personal injury protection (PIP) policy. This policy covers you regardless of fault.
- File a claim against the other driver in your crash. To do so, you must meet certain criteria and prove the other driver was at least partially at-fault for your collision.
Florida Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Establishing Who Is At Fault in a Car Accident
When you visit Anidjar & Levine for a consultation, we will sit down with you and listen to your story. If we determine you have a valid case, we will investigate your accident to identify which parties may have behaved negligently and caused the collision.
In some cases, we might be able to establish this quickly by asking you the following questions:
- Did the other driver violate any traffic laws?
- Was the driver arrested for driving under the influence?
- Have you seen the official police report?
- Did the other driver admit fault on the scene?
- Were there any eyewitnesses who can testify on your behalf?
In every case, we must prove negligence. To do so, we must establish:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care to you.
- The at-fault party breached that duty.
- You suffered injuries in a car accident that stemmed from the breach.
- You suffered damages.
How a Car Accident Attorney May Help You With Your Claim
Our primary concerns are protecting your rights under Florida law and helping you recover compensation for your injuries and other losses.
To do so, we will:
- File a claim against the at-fault party
- Gather evidence that establishes the other driver was at fault
- Speak with law enforcement, insurance companies, and medical experts on your behalf
- Manage all communication with the insurer
- Negotiate with the insurer
- Attempt to reach a settlement with the at-fault party
If the at-fault party’s insurer refuses to offer you a fair settlement, we can file a lawsuit. In many cases, this will prompt the insurer to offer you the settlement you deserve. If not, we are not afraid to stand toe to toe with the insurer in court. We will build a robust case to persuade the judge and jury that you deserve compensation.
To find out more about how we can help you, contact our law office at 1-800-747-3733.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Expenses From a Car Accident
The task of recovering expenses from an auto accident may be overwhelming. You do not need to feel alone, however, as you attempt to settle with the other party. Our team will determine a value for your case and then negotiate with the insurer to obtain a fair settlement.
Depending of the circumstances of your accident, any of the following may be available in your case:
Economic damages are those that we can quantify with a bill or receipt. They might include:
- Medical bills
- Emergency room bills
- Surgery bills
- Hospital recovery bills
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medication costs
- Lost wages, loss of benefits
- Lost earning capacity (Compensation for wages you lost if your injury required you to work less hours, take a lesser-paying job, or retire)
- Miscellaneous expenses, such as the cost of traveling to and from doctor’s appointments, parking fees at a doctor’s office, the costs of renovating your home or vehicle to accommodate your disability (e.g., a wheelchair ramp, widening a doorway, etc.)
- The cost of hiring a service to perform tasks you completed before your injury (e.g., childcare, yardwork, grocery shopping, etc.)
- Property damage
These are damages that are more difficult to quantify. They do not have a set dollar amount but can make up a large portion of your settlement. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
To calculate your pain and suffering, you can use two different methods: the multiplier method or the per diem method.
These lists are not all inclusive; once our attorneys have looked into your case, we can give you a better idea of the damages for which you might be eligible.
Act Quickly or Risk Recovering Nothing
Florida’s statute of limitations only gives injured parties four years to file suit to recover compensation. However, evidence can disappear, and witnesses’ memories can fade before that time is up. This can jeopardize your case and make it difficult or even impossible to recover the money you need.
Protect Your Legal Rights: Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Florida
If you or a loved one sustained serious or fatal injuries in a Florida car wreck, the team at Anidjar & Levine will fight for the compensation you deserve. Discuss your case with a personal injury lawyer today.
And remember, we work on a contingency basis, which means you pay us nothing unless we win your case.
For your free case evaluation, give us a call today: 1-800-747-3733.