When someone else is responsible for your injuries, it’s time to hold them accountable. Their negligent actions led to your injury, and you have the legal right to pursue financial compensation from them.
A Cape Coral personal injury lawyer from our team can help you navigate the legal process. We can gather evidence to build your case and defend you and your settlement when it’s time to meet with insurance adjusters.
Our Legal Team Helps with Multiple Types of Personal Injury Cases
Our law firm handles auto accident cases, medical malpractice cases, and many other personal injury accidents in Cape Coral. Other types of personal injury cases we handle include:
- Boat accidents: Boat accidents are caused by many factors, including lack of training, poor weather conditions, mechanical failure, or human error.
- Brain injury: Brain injuries can be caused by various personal injury accidents, including car accidents, physical assault trauma, or medical malpractice.
- Child injury: Child injury happens when children are hurt or injured while playing, doing chores, or left unsupervised.
- Car accidents: Car crashes are caused when drivers fail to pay attention or make mistakes while driving.
- Defective products: Defective products fail to perform their intended function or work properly and can cause injuries. They may be faulty or poorly made. Examples of defective products that can cause personal injuries include cars with faulty brakes, household chemicals, and poorly-designed toys.
- Electric shock: Electric shocks are caused when an electrical current passes through the body. They may be due to faulty wiring or equipment malfunctioning.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice happens when doctors or nurses make mistakes during treatment. These mistakes may be due to negligence, inexperience, or lack of knowledge about proper procedures.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are often caused by vehicle drivers who fail to yield the right of way or don’t obey traffic laws.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: Nursing home abuse happens when someone takes advantage of an older person’s weakness or disability. Neglect occurs when someone fails to provide basic needs like food, water, shelter, or medical attention.
- Paralysis: Paralysis happens when there is damage to the brain or spinal cord. It may be caused by an injury such as a stroke or by diseases like multiple sclerosis.
- Slip and fall injuries: Slip and fall injuries can occur when property managers or owners fail to ensure your safety. Loose floorboards, ice-covered sidewalks, and spilled liquids can all lead to catastrophic injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries could happen if someone falls or gets hit on their back due to another person’s negligence. It may also be caused by work-related accidents, sports injuries, car accidents, or medical malpractice.
- Swimming pool accidents: Public swimming pool accidents are common among children and adults. Unsupervised children who fall into these pools can suffer serious or fatal injuries. Adults may also be injured when pool supervisors fail to warn about wet floors or steps.
Even if you don’t see the accident that caused your injury, you still may qualify for a personal injury case. Our lawyers can review your case’s details and determine if we can get you compensation for your pain.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Cape Coral, 800-747-3733
What Our Law Firm Can Do for Your Personal Injury Case
If you suffered an injury or are trying to support an injured family member, you must focus on healing. Severe injuries can lead to anxiety and stress and make it harder for your body to heal while battling legal problems with improper counsel.
Successful cases require more than just experience: they also require resources. Our experienced team has the resources you need for a successful case.
We Can Provide Answers to the Complex Questions of What Happened and Why
The severity of your injuries may be clear to you. But do not expect the insurance company to take your word for it.
Even if your case settles out of court, you will still need proof. The two biggest hurdles in a personal injury claim are:
- Proof of your damages and injuries
- Proof that the other person caused them
How will you prove the other person was at fault if their insurance company denies responsibility for your injury? Are your medical documents hearsay, or will a judge allow them as evidence in court?
Our lawyers have seen these situations play out time and again. We understand each situation’s nuances and know how to fight back against the insurance company.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Prove Your Injuries
Injuries to the human body can be complicated. If you suffered injuries, you might need a legal team that includes a medical expert to testify about the extent of your injuries and their cause. We can retain medical doctors and other experts to testify on your behalf if necessary.
Expert testimony can bolster your case and challenge insurance company defenses that say your injuries are not serious or are unrelated to the accident. You may also need a professional investigator, accident reconstructionist, or another expert witness to analyze the cause of the accident.
Did a defective tire, seat belt, or other manufacturing defect make the injuries more severe than they should be? Was the other driver someone who should not have been behind the wheel? We can secure expert witnesses to answer these questions.
We Know How to Negotiate a Fair Settlement
Insurance companies like to hold onto their money. If they want to settle quickly, it is not necessarily because they are taking your case seriously. They may want to settle before you truly understand the full extent of your damages and the prognosis of your injuries so they can pay you less and close your file.
Our personal injury attorneys make sure your case accounts for all your damages, and we can support our demand for damages with convincing evidence that establishes fault, liability, and the effects of the accident on your life and finances.
Cape CoralPersonal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Damages that You Can Recover After You Suffer Severe Injuries
After you sustain injuries due to a negligent party’s actions, medical bills can add up quickly, even if you’re still recovering from your injuries. A Cape Coral personal injury attorney from our firm can help you recover compensatory damages for your losses such as:
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Punitive damages
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of future earnings
These are just a few examples of financial losses our lawyers can help you recover after your accident. We can help you recover the economic and non-economic damages you qualify for.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
File Your Personal Injury Claim with a Lawyer Before the Deadline
PerFlorida Statute § 95.11, you have only four years to settle an insurance claim or file a lawsuit after your accident. If it has been longer than four years, but you only recently learned of an injury, you should get in touch with one of our lawyers to see whether your case fits under Florida’s delayed discovery rule.
If you believe you may have a wrongful death claim, the statute of limitations is two years without the benefit of any discovery rule. While the statute of limitations gives you these time frames, the details of your accident or your loved one’s death may give you more or less time to file.
A lawyer from our firm can tell you exactly how long you have to file based on your specific accident.
Cape Coral Personal InjuryYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Common Questions Personal Injury Victims Ask
We understand that starting the legal process can be overwhelming, and you may have questions if you’ve never worked with a lawyer before. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the most common questions we are asked and provided the answers. If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries, you might be wondering:
- Do I have a case?
- Can I settle out of court with an insurance company on my own?
- There are so many lawyers. How do I know which to hire?
Do I Have a Case?
The first question people ask when they think about filing a personal injury claim is, “Do I have a case?” Every person who suffers from an injury as a result of someone’s negligence has a cause of action against the negligent party.
So, every time someone causes harm to another, they owe compensation to the victim if a lawyer deems it’s a valid case. The only way to know if you have a valid personal injury lawsuit is to meet with a lawyer for a free legal consultation.
Can I Settle Out of Court with an Insurance Company on My Own?
You do not need a lawyer to negotiate with an insurance company. You can talk directly to the adjuster handling your claim. However, you should know that the insurance claims adjuster is not looking out for your interests; they are looking to see how much money they can save by offering you as little as possible.
If you approach the claims adjuster without a personal injury attorney, you risk a low settlement with no other way of getting a better one. Without a skilled legal team, you may fall victim to common insurance claims adjuster tactics. This is why we recommend that you get in touch with a lawyer.
There Are So Many Lawyers. How Do I Know Which to Hire?
Choosing legal representation can be overwhelming, especially after you’ve suffered an unexpected injury. The two main characteristics you should look for in a lawyer are: experience and how you get along with them.
An experienced attorney will know how to navigate any aspect of a personal injury case, down to the smallest details. Your chances of getting the highest compensation are greater when you have a lawyer with years of experience. You should ask about their experience and methods when you meet for a consultation.
You’ll spend a lot of time with the lawyer you hire, and you’ll most likely be telling them all the details of your injury. This requires you to feel comfortable enough to be vulnerable within a short time of knowing them. You should choose legal representation that you feel at ease with.
Call Us to Review Your Personal Injury Case
If you or a family member suffered injuries because of someone’s negligence, our attorneys are here to help. Our personal injury lawyers in Cape Coral, FL, have the resources and knowledge to fight for you.
Call us or fill out thecontact form on our website for your free case evaluation. AtAnidjar & Levine, you won’t pay upfront fees for our services.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW