You’ve been cautious your whole life. Yet, it only took a second for another party’s negligence to inflict serious injuries. Now, you’re missing time from work, incurring extensive medical bills, and feeling unsure of where to turn. In a situation like this, you have options, and one of those options involves partnering with our Fort Myers personal injury lawyers.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers client-focused care to injured parties in Lee County. Whether you were hurt as a motorist, pedestrian, or in another role, we can represent you and seek damages. We offer free case reviews where you can meet our injury attorneys and learn more.
Our Attorneys Handle These Personal Injury Cases In Fort Myers
Our law firm advocates for injured parties in the aftermath of:
- Car accidents, including rear-end accidents, head-on collisions, and side-impact collisions
- Truck and big rig accidents
- Wrongful death
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
No matter what type of accident caused your injuries, we can evaluate your situation and identify your financial recovery options. Then, we can navigate the claims process together.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Fort Myers, 800-747-3733
How Our Fort Myers Injury Lawyers Can Support You
When you entrust us with your case, we go to work collecting evidence to support your right to damages. We may bring in experts to help us understand your injuries and what legal strategy could yield financial compensation. Our team also relies on its years of experience to navigate what comes next.
Our personal injury attorneys support your Fort Myers case by:
- Reviewing your case’s details
- Consulting with medical experts regarding your condition’s severity
- Calculating your economic and non-economic losses
- Working for you on contingency (you pay nothing upfront)
- Proving the other party’s negligence
- Asserting fault and liability
- Filing your lawsuit
- Negotiating a settlement
- Updating you on your case’s progression
- Handling all case-related communications
Our law firm intends to stop at nothing when building your injury case. We go the extra mile and beyond for people in your shoes.
Can You Afford a Personal Injury Lawyer?
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we do not get paid unless you do. We are a contingency-fee firm, meaning we don’t charge upfront fees or costs to break ground on your claim.
You don’t have to worry about hourly rates or retainers with us on your side. Our lawyers finance your case’s many obligations, and we don’t request our attorney’s fees until your case reaches a fair conclusion. In the unlikely event that your case doesn’t succeed, you don’t pay for our time and efforts.
We Have Years of Experience Handling Personal Injury Cases
We have represented many clients in personal injury cases, protecting their rights as we seek compensation for their losses. You don’t have to take our word for it, though. Just see what previous personal injury clients have shared about our lawyers serving Fort Myers:
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the law firm of Anidjar and Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me. Shire was very attentive and worked hard to make sure all of my concerns were sufficiently addressed. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” – Viviana J.
- “What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine. Everyone I dealt with was great. Special thanks to Jonathan Holtz.” – Charles L.
- “I have nothing but good things to say about the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine. This is a very professional, courteous and caring group which work hard for their clients. I am very happy with how they handled my car accident case and with the results. Thank you Ana for always being so pleasant and to Attorney Jonathon Holtz for all you did for me. I would definitely recommend this law firm… and would definitely use them again.” – Sonia G.
Our Fort Myers Injury Attorneys Will Prove That Negligence Led to Your Injuries
To build a successful personal injury case, we must collect evidence to show the at-fault party acted negligently, and this directly caused your injuries.
To document their negligence, we need to show:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care to prevent harm to others. For example, all motorists have a duty of care to follow applicable traffic laws.
- They failed to uphold this obligation. Going back to the previous example, a motorist may breach their duty of care if they drive while intoxicated.
- Their failure to do so caused an accident.
- As a result of your accident, you suffered physical, emotional, and financial damages.
If we can satisfy these elements of negligence, we can secure damages from the liable party. We can support our case by collecting a wide range of evidence about your accident and the injuries you suffered. Depending on how your injuries occurred, this evidence can vary. Supporting evidence may include:
- Reports from police or other first responders
- Pictures or videos of the accident scene
- Surveillance video of the incident, if possible
- Witness testimony
- Expert witness opinions
- Documentation of your injuries and treatment
Fort MyersPersonal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Recovering Damages In Fort Myers Personal Injury Cases
Our lawyers account for many factors when calculating your injury-related losses, including the severity of your condition, the extent of your losses, and whether you’ll ever reach maximum medical improvement. You don’t have to worry about adding up bills, receipts, and invoices to learn what constitutes a fair settlement. Your personal injury lawyer will put an accurate dollar value on each of your damages, including your pain and suffering.
Financial Compensation In Personal Injury Cases
Damages usually fall into two categories: economic damages, which have specific dollar values, and non-economic damages, which do not have dollar values. You can seek financial recovery for both.
Economic damages can be proven with receipts, invoices, or other documentation that shows how much something costs. Examples of economic damages are:
- Medical bills: Any sort of medical expense could entitle you to compensation, from prescription medicines to surgery to home nursing. You could even recover travel expenses if your medical facility is far away.
- Lost income: You can secure lost tips, income, bonuses, and benefits if your injuries affect your working ability.
- Reduced future earning capacity: If you are permanently unable to earn or work as much as before the accident, we can estimate the value of your lost earning capacity and how much you would have earned throughout the remainder of your career.
- Property damage: This commonly refers to a damaged car. However, you could also recover the cost of lost or damaged jewelry, electronics, and other items.
- Other out-of-pocket expenses: For example, you could seek reimbursement for paying someone to mow your lawn until you recover.
Non-economic damages include pain and suffering, as mentioned earlier, which includes both physical and psychological distress resulting from the accident. Other examples include:
- Mental anguish: The physical pain of your injuries also led to emotional anguish or trauma.
- Loss of consortium: The accident has negatively impacted your relationship with your spouse or other relatives with whom you used to be close.
- Scarring: In particular, scarring to the face and neck can qualify you for compensation. However, any scarring that is severe enough to impact your life in some way may be compensable.
- Disability: Any loss or diminishment of your physical or intellectual capabilities can make you eligible for settlement money.
- Diminished quality of life: The overall impact of the accident makes it difficult or impossible for you to enjoy the full range of activities and experiences you once did.
Our Fort Myers Personal Injury Attorneys Can Pursue Wrongful Death Damages
Sometimes, personal injury cases result in death. If you lost a loved one, please accept our condolences. We can help you recover damages if your loved one passed away from another party’s negligence. Compensable losses in situations like these comprise:
- The decedent’s burial, funeral, or cremation costs
- Medical expenses due to the decedent’s fatal injury
- Loss of the decedent’s earnings
- Mental pain and suffering the decedent endured
- Mental pain the decedent’s survivors endured
- Loss of the loved one’s companionship and guidance
Losing a loved one is hard enough without getting entangled in legal matters. Allow our firm to help you through this difficult time.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Statute of Limitations Deadlines Applies In Personal Injury Cases
If we cannot reach an out-of-court settlement with the insurance company, Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) typically gives us two years to file a civil lawsuit against the responsible party.
Although this is considerable time to bring a case forward, we encourage you to start as soon as possible while the details are still fresh in your mind, as well as in the minds of any witnesses you may have.
If you miss this statute of limitations deadline in your Fort Myers personal injury case, you risk losing your chance to recover financial awards. You can speak with a team member during a free consultation to learn more about how we can pursue your case.
Fort Myers Personal InjuryYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
What If I Played A Role In My Personal Injury Case?
The other party may accuse you of causing the accident. As long as you didn’t cause more than 50 percent of the accident, you can still compel damages from the other party. However, the state’s comparative negligence laws, as explained in Florida Statutes § 768.21, reduce the compensation you can recover based on the percentage of fault you carry.
For example, comparative negligence may apply when someone wears shoes that do not have adequate grip and then suffers injuries in a slip and fall accident. In a case like this, the property owner’s insurance company may blame the victim’s shoes for their injuries, while the victim blames a wet floor for causing their fall.
If the case is worth $100,000, but the victim was 30% at fault, they can only collect $70,000 for their claim. We aim to show that our clients’ liability is as low as possible and mitigate the impact this has on their payout.
Who Can I Sue After A Personal Injury Accident?
First things first: our law firm settles most cases without ever going to court. Yet, you might have to file a lawsuit if the other party disputes liability or something else stalls negotiations.
That being said, depending on the details of your Fort Myers personal injury claim, the at-fault party could be:
- A motorist who did not drive with reasonable caution
- A property owner who did not address a hazard on their property in a timely manner
- A corporation that allowed a dangerous product to reach the market
- A healthcare professional who did not uphold their field’s standard of care
- A city that did not keep public areas (such as roadways) in good repair
- A trucking company that did not properly train or oversee its drivers
Many personal injury cases target just one liable party. However, if more than one party contributed to your accident, you have the right to sue them all for compensation. This way, you get the money you need while holding all negligent parties accountable for their actions.
Seek Medical Attention After Suffering Injuries
One of the best things you can do after suffering injuries is to seek medical attention. This accomplishes two important things:
- It puts you on the road to reaching maximum medical improvement. A doctor can evaluate your condition and prescribe much-needed treatment. Don’t worry about the cost of your medical care; you can include those damages in your claim or lawsuit’s value.
- Visiting a medical facility generates evidence to support your claim, such as your imaging scans and healthcare team’s testimony.
During your free case review, a team member can explain what other measures could bolster your claim or lawsuit.
Get Help From A Fort Myers Personal Injury Attorney Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we offer complimentary consultations. The personal injury lawyers in our Fort Meyers office are ready to go to work for you. Let us investigate your case, collect evidence, and provide the legal representation you want both in and out of the courtroom.
If you suffered injuries because of someone else’s negligence, don’t wait to build your case for compensation. Call us today to speak with a team member about your next steps.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW