Uber and other rideshare services have enjoyed an explosion in popularity over the past several years. As of 2021, Uber controlled a majority of the rideshare market, dominating its competitors. While convenient, like any other motor vehicle on the road, there are risks. The drivers they contract can make costly mistakes.
Uber accidents can have serious consequences. You often face severe injuries and enormous medical bills. However, you have the right to pursue compensation. Insurance settlements or court awards can change the lives of Uber accident victims. A Hialeah Uber accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can review your case, determine who is liable, and file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
Compensation In A Hialeah Uber Accident Case
Based on the details of your case, you may be entitled to economic (financial) and non-economic (physical and emotional) damages. They may include:
- Medical expenses (current and future)
- Lost wages and reimbursement for a reduction in earning capacity
- Loss of a close personal relationship, provided your accident involved the passing of a loved one
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment
- Vehicle repairs and other property damages
These damages vary from case to case. An Uber accident attorney serving Hialeah can investigate what happened, obtain the police report and your medical records, and provide an estimate of what your case is worth. In doing so, this can help you make an informed decision moving forward in the process.
How Can I Pursue Compensation After An Uber Accident?
Florida is a no-fault state, meaning your claim typically starts by seeking compensation from your own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage. Drivers in Florida must carry these PIP limits:
- $10,000 minimum towards covering your own personal injuries
- $10,000 minimum towards covering the property damages of another party involved in your crash
If your injuries exceed the policy limits, you can seek compensation from a liable third party.
Uber provides its drivers with a third-party liability policy that could compensate you for your injuries. This policy could apply to your case if an Uber driver caused your accident. The policy coverage is based on what the driver was doing at the time of the accident.
- If the app was off at the time of the accident: You’ll need to file a claim against the at-fault party’s personal insurer to seek additional compensation.
- If the app was on and the driver was waiting for an assignment: Uber provides $50,000 in bodily injury per person ($100,000 total per accident) and $25,000 in property damage coverage.
- If the driver was carrying passengers or on their way to a pick-up: Uber provides a total of $1,000,000 in potential third-party liability coverage.
Remember, this policy only impacts cases where an Uber driver was responsible for the accident. If another driver caused your accident, you’d likely need to file a claim with their personal insurer.
If you’re confused about how insurance applies to your accident, our team can review your case for free during your initial consultation. We can advise you on your best course of action.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Hialeah, 800-747-3733
Should I Hire An Uber Accident Lawyer Serving Hialeah?
Hiring a lawyer after an Uber accident can seem daunting. Victims often wonder if they can afford to hire a lawyer. Our firm believes injury victims deserve legal representation regardless of their financial situation.
This is why our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis. A contingency plan means:
- You pay us nothing upfront
- You only pay us if we win your case
- Our payment comes as a previously agreed-upon percentage of your final settlement
Here is how an Uber accident lawyer serving Hialeah could assist you:
- Communicate with insurers on your behalf
- Fight for the best settlement award possible
- Address any questions or concerns about your case
- Investigate your Uber accident and gather evidence
- Hire an accident reconstruction expert to testify on your behalf
- File all pertinent paperwork on time with the proper court
Working with a lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine provides many benefits. We want you to feel cared for and supported as you navigate the aftermath of your accident. We can:
- Consistently update you on the status of your case
- Help you schedule your appointments (e.g., doctor, car repair)
- Communicate with you via text, email, or phone
- Provide you with the phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case
The net result of these services is peace of mind. While you focus on getting your life back on track, we’ll handle every aspect of your case from start to finish.
HialeahUber Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Uber Accident Lawsuits Have A Deadline
It’s important to note that Florida has a statute of limitations on filing a personal injury lawsuit. You typically have four years from the date of the accident to file a civil lawsuit per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). If you miss this statutory deadline, you could miss your chance to seek compensation for your injuries and other losses.
The more time you provide your legal team to investigate your case, the better. Critical evidence such as surveillance video can disappear over time. Eyewitness accounts of the accident can also fade away if too much time passes. The sooner you allow us to get started on your case, the sooner we can begin collecting evidence and building your case file.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
What If I Was Partially Responsible For My Uber Accident?
Florida adheres to a contributory fault legal precedent, per Florida Statutes § 768.81. This law apportions compensation based on the percentage of fault each party in an Uber accident held. For example, if you were 25% responsible for your accident, you could still receive 75% of your total compensation.
This law and other statutes associated with Uber accidents can get complicated quickly. Our team is familiar with the laws that apply to Uber accidents. Our attorney serving Hialeah can explain these laws to you and fight to prove the at-fault driver is 100% responsible for the Uber accident and your injuries.
Hialeah Uber AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Receive A Free Uber Accident Case Evaluation Today
Our team is prepared to support the victims of Uber accidents. We know what you’re going through and want to fight for the compensation you need to move forward. We provide a free, no-obligation case review. During this call, we can discuss the specifics of your case and explain how you can pursue compensation. Contact our offices to get started today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW