If you or someone you love was injured in an accident with a distracted driver, you may be entitled to damages for your resulting medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
A Hialeah texting while driving accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you hold the negligent driver accountable while recovering the compensation you need and deserve for your recovery. Let us be your partners throughout this process.
For a free legal consultation with a texting while driving accidents lawyer serving Hialeah, call (800) 747-3733
How a Personal Injury Lawyer at Our Firm Can Help You After Your Hialeah Accident
In order to be successful in your case, we will investigate your accident, negotiate for a settlement, and even take your case to trial if necessary.
We Will Investigate Your Accident for Negligence
Negligence is the cornerstone of any injury claim. When a driver is texting when they should be paying attention to the road, they may be held liable for the consequences of their negligent choices. Proof that the driver who hit you was texting can be useful in building your case.
To establish negligence, we can use evidence such as video and photographic footage, witness statements, and official records.
We Will Look at All Angles of Your Miami-Dade County Case
When we investigate your accident, we will determine all contributing factors to your accident. This means that, in addition to texting while driving, the at-fault party might have engaged in the following:
- Drunk driving: This causes dulled reflexes, cognition, and sense. It also lowers inhibitions, which may lead to additional negligent choices such as texting while driving.
- Drug-impaired driving: This includes illegal drugs as well as prescription medications that make it unsafe to drive.
- Drowsy driving: Drivers may become drowsy if they did not get enough sleep the night before, have not slept for too long, have been driving for too long, or are driving late at night or early in the morning.
- Aggressive driving: This includes speeding, following closely or tailgating, ignoring traffic signals, and weaving in traffic. When driving aggressively, the smallest distraction could cause an accident.
- Other distractions: In addition to texting, the other driver may have had additional distractions that took their attention away from the road. This includes things like GPS devices, maps, food and drink, passengers, radio, etc.
We Will Negotiate with the Insurance Companies
Once we have gathered this evidence, we will build a case that proves the following:
- You were owed a duty of care to be kept safe while on the road.
- The person who was texting while driving violated this duty.
- This caused your accident.
- The accident caused your injuries.
We Prepare Every Case We Manage for Trial
However, sometimes negotiation is just not enough. If the insurance companies continue to refuse to pay what we believe you are owed, then we will take your case to trial. Our in-house litigation team prepares every case for trial, even as we negotiate for a fair settlement.
Sometimes, the insurance companies will come back to the negotiating table once they see the way the tides are turning. They may decide to settle once they understand that you are not backing down and that you have a lawyer from our firm who will do what it takes to do right by you and your loved one.
Hialeah Texting While Driving Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Damages You Can Recover in Your Hialeah Distracted Driving Case
Damages are the financial awards you can recover through a lawsuit. They are often compensatory, meaning they are meant to compensate you for your losses. There are two types of compensatory damages: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages in Texting While Driving Accident Cases
Since injuries caused by car accidents can be severe, you may face financial hardship in addition to the mental and emotional trauma that comes with an accident. You may need expensive medical treatments or ongoing care to treat your injuries.
You can seek economic damages to offset these and other financial losses due to your accident and injuries, such as the following:
- Doctors’ and hospital bills
- Home health aide services
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Out of pocket expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Prescription medications
- Funeral or burial costs if you lost a loved one
Non-Economic Damages in Texting While Driving Accident Cases
Non-economic damages are compensation for your intangible losses. This includes your physical pain and emotional suffering.
If you lost your loved one to a texting while driving accident, then you can seek non-economic damages through a wrongful death claim.
The Amount of Damages You Can Recover
The amount of compensation you can hope to recover depends on the severity of your losses; the more you can prove you have lost due to your injuries, the more you can ask for in damages. Your lawyer can give you a better idea of the types and amount of damages you can expect after reviewing the specifics of your case.
How Much It Costs You to Hire Our Injury Lawyers
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is a contingency-based firm, meaning we don’t require any upfront or out-of-pocket payments for representation.
We will be paid at the end of your case if your lawyer obtains compensation on your behalf. If they cannot do that for you, then you don’t owe us a dime.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today to Start the Process
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to learn more about how a Hialeah texting while driving accident lawyer from our firm will fight for you.
Your first call and consultation are free, and your time to file is limited, so do not hesitate; call now.