It’s imperative for a car’s braking system to be without flaw; yet, design or manufacturing defects can impede the brake’s ability to avoid or diminish catastrophic collisions with pedestrians and other motorists.
If you were injured in a car accident resulting from defective brakes, our Hialeah brake failure car accident lawyer could assist in your pursuit of fair compensation for your medical expenses, income loss, and other damages.
Our Hialeah Car Accident Lawyer Can Uncover The Cause Of Your Brake Failure
Many variables can cause the brakes to not work correctly. Common causes of brake failure include:
- Poor maintenance: Brakes can sustain wear and tear over time. It’s the driver’s responsibility to get the brakes regularly inspected and maintained so that any defects can be promptly identified and addressed before the issue becomes a catalyst for a collision.
- Manufacturing defects: Sometimes, the vehicle’s brakes may have a problem with its design or may have sustained a defect during the manufacturing process. In such a car, even responsible drivers are prone to experience collisions from brake failure.
- Mechanical issues: Leaky brake lines can cause brake fluid to drain out, which then prevents the proper transition of pressure from the pedal to the tires. Other mechanical issues, such as cracks in the brake drum or disc, missing brake pads, and overheating components, can also contribute to brake failures.
When brakes malfunction, pedestrians, passengers, and other motorists risk suffering severe injuries in high-impact wrecks. Once our attorney uncovers the cause of the brake failure, we can pinpoint liability to the correct parties.
Who Can Be Held Accountable In A Hialeah Brake Failure Car Accident?
One or several of the following parties may hold liability for your accident:
- Auto manufacturer: If the brake malfunctioned because of a defect in the system itself, you could file a claim against the brake or car’s manufacturer and/or any entity involved in the production and distribution chain of the brake system.
- Mechanic or repair shop: If a mechanic did not properly install or sufficiently repair the damaged brakes, the mechanic or the shop can be held liable for your injuries.
- The driver: All motorists are legally obligated to keep their vehicle in safe working condition. If the driver did not maintain their vehicle’s brakes through regular servicing and repair, they could be held accountable for injuries.
Your Hialeah brake failure car accident lawyer will assess a range of evidence to zero in on what caused your accident and who is responsible for your compensation.
How Can A Brake Failure Car Accident Lawyer In Hialeah Help Your Case?
Pursuing compensation on your own, especially if you’re going against a prominent auto manufacturer, can be very daunting. Retaining the services of a car accident lawyer in Hialeah can make the process of filing a claim and obtaining compensation straightforward and stress-free.
At The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our team offers various services designed to fulfill all the steps involved in helping victims win fair compensation. We can help by:
- Investigating the accident to uncover the root cause of what cause of the brake failure
- Gathering critical pieces of evidence that proves the liable party’s negligence and what compensable losses you’ve sustained due to their negligence
- Determining your compensable losses and assigning a value to each
- Filling out paperwork, compiling essential documents, and submitting them to the appropriate entities before the deadline
- Skillfully negotiating with all liable insurers until a fair settlement is reached
- Representing your case in court if it goes to trial
- Protecting you from bad faith practices by insurance companies
Your Hialeah brake failure car accident attorney from our firm is prepared to build an evidence-based claim to recuperate your financial losses. Our comprehensive services are geared to help us achieve justice.
A Brake Failure Car Accident Lawyer Can Calculate Your Claim’s Worth
We will have to thoroughly examine your accident to determine exactly which losses you can recover. Generally, we can help obtain compensation for a mix of financial and non-financial losses, including:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Prescription drugs
- Income loss
- Reduced earning potential
- Home or vehicle modifications
- Accident-related out-of-pocket expenses
- PTSD, depression, or anxiety
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
Once our attorney examines your case, we will be able to tell you the full range of damages you can collect compensation for. We will then calculate the total value of your claim that will be sent to the liable insurer(s) through a demand letter.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you have lost someone in a car accident from defective brakes, you can also recover funeral and burial expenses, medical costs, and other losses through a wrongful death claim. We hope to provide the quality of care and assistance you need during this difficult time. Your peace of mind is important to us.
You Have Limited Time To Apply For Compensation
All states, including Florida, provide victims with a specific window of time to initiate legal action against the defendant. This is known as the statute of limitations.
In Florida, car accident victims generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the manufacturer or whoever else is liable for their losses, as per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). There are some exceptions that our attorney will keep abreast of to prevent complications in your case.
If you fail to take any action before the statute expires, you may lose your right to file a lawsuit against the liable party.
This is why it is critical to call us immediately after your accident, so we can begin to build your case. Starting early will also give our team a chance to preserve time-sensitive evidence that proves the defendant’s liability, such as surveillance video, eyewitness testimony, and more.
Seek The Legal Expertise Of Our Hialeah Brake Failure Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident due to faulty brakes, we want to hear from you. We would be honored to dedicate our expertise and resources to bring justice and fair compensation to your case.
Our car accident attorney is available to review your case during a no-obligation, free consultation with you. During the meeting, we will listen to your story, review your case, and outline your legal options. Call or visit us online today.
We Can Help.