Swimming pools can be a great source of recreational activity, but they can also be dangerous. If you or a loved one was involved in a swimming pool accident, you could have legal options available. Victims may be eligible for financial compensation.
Reviewing the details of your accident with our Hialeah swimming pool accident lawyer can help you determine if you might qualify for compensation.
Potentially Recoverable Compensation After A Hialeah Pool Accident
A victim of a swimming pool accident could recover several types of compensation. If a third party is at fault for your injuries and other damages, you may be eligible for one or more of the following forms of compensation:
- Damages for emotional suffering: Accidents can lead to emotional suffering. You could receive reimbursement for pain and suffering, counseling, and any other type of emotional hardship the accident caused.
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work after your accident, it is possible to recover lost wages for past and future earnings potential.
- Reimbursement for medical expenses: You could recover any medical bills related to your accident.
- Wrongful death: If you lost a loved one in a swimming pool accident, your family could be entitled to compensation for a loved one’s wrongful death.
Being the victim of an accident does not guarantee compensation. Sometimes legal action can be long and difficult. A lawyer with our team can help you navigate the legal issues so you can focus on healing from your injuries or grieving the loss of a loved one.
You Can Seek Compensation For These Types Of Swimming Pool Accidents
There are many different types of swimming pool accidents. Some may occur in the privacy of your home or on the property of someone you know, while others can take place in a public space. Even if safety measures are properly followed, accidents can still happen. Some common types of accidents include:
- Diving board accidents
- Slipping and falling
- Electrical accidents
- Entrapment or entanglement
- Water slide accidents
If you or a loved one was in a swimming pool accident, you are not alone. Swimming pool accidents are tragically common. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported approximately 11 drowning fatalities each day across the country. According to The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), drownings are the most common fatality among children under five years old in the United States.
Whether your accident was minor or severe, considering the possible causes can help you determine if a third party was at fault.
Potential Causes Of Swimming Pool Accidents
Some of the more common causes of swimming pool accidents include:
- Mechanical failure: Sometimes, the mechanical elements of a pool can fail, putting you and loved ones in danger.
- Lack of supervision: Swimming often requires supervision from a parent, pool owner, or professional lifeguard. If there was a lack of supervision at the time of your accident, a third party could be to blame.
- Intoxication: Swimming under the influence of alcohol or other substances can impair judgment and decision-making. If alcohol or drugs were involved in your accident, you could have grounds for a legal claim.
- Lack of personal floatation devices: Personal floatation devices should be available for any individual in a pool. If no floatation devices were provided to keep swimmers safe, the owner or pool management may be liable.
- Unsafe decks: Many pools have wooden decks or concrete patios surrounding the swimming areas. When these structures are improperly maintained, installed, or managed in a way that creates danger, it can be a real risk to your safety.
Determining the causes of your accident can help you figure out if a third party is liable for your suffering and may play a role in whether or not you have a valid claim.
Determining At-Fault Parties
Determining liability is an important step in the legal process. A third party found liable for your accident, injury, or suffering could be legally responsible for damages.
Because the laws surrounding liability can be difficult to navigate, it could be in your interest to review your case with our swimming pool accident lawyer in the Hialeah area. A lawyer from our firm can help you determine the liable party and whether compensation is possible.
How Your Life Can Be Changed By A Swimming Pool Accident
While many swimming pool accidents can be minor in nature, sometimes life-altering injuries or even death can occur. You and your loved ones could be suffering in several ways following your accident. Physically, injuries can result in the need for ongoing treatment, lost time at work, and the inability to go about life in a normal fashion.
Financially, swimming pool accidents can cause a great deal of turmoil. You could be stuck with expensive medical bills, lost property, and more. All of these sudden difficulties can take an emotional toll on your life, too.
The trauma of an accident may leave you emotionally drained, depressed, and overwhelmed. In some cases, you might even need professional treatment to cope with the aftermath of your accident. Remember that you have options. A legal professional near you who handles pool accident cases can help you to understand those options.
How Hiring A Lawyer From Our Firm Could Help
Hiring one of our lawyers for your case can have many benefits. While seeking legal representation is not for everyone, it could be helpful to consider how we can help. Some of the benefits of having us by your side include but are not limited to:
- Answering your questions and helping you to understand your legal options
- Gathering evidence on your behalf
- Filing your claim and/or lawsuit
- Negotiating with the insurance adjuster for a fair settlement
- Filling out confusing and time-consuming paperwork
- Representing you to an insurance company and potentially in court
If you are interested in connecting with one of our attorneys who is familiar with Miami-Dade County and the laws involving swimming pool accidents, a team member of ours is available to discuss your case during a free consultation. There are no risks or obligations, and we take cases on a contingency-fee-basis, so you never pay upfront or by the hour. We only get paid if you do.
Contact The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Today
Following the trauma of a swimming pool accident, you have options. The personal injury team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help. For your free consultation with a member of our team, call now.
We Can Help.