Rideshares are an efficient, cost-effective way to get around town. They provide Hialeah residents a quick and easy way to head into downtown Miami or the beaches. Although convenient, rideshare services are not without risks. More Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare drivers on the road mean more traffic and a greater chance of accidents.
If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a rideshare accident in Hialeah, our team can help. A Hialeah rideshare accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can communicate with insurers, investigate your case, and push for the best possible settlement on your behalf. You should not have to face a legal battle with a large rideshare corporation alone.
What Compensation Can Rideshare Accident Victims In Hialeah Receive?
Our team of rideshare accident lawyers serving Hialeah can review the value of your case to ensure all of your damages are included in your claim. This consists of both economic (financial) and non-economic (physical and emotional) damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of a close personal relationship
- Medical expenses (current and future)
- Costs associated with rehabilitative therapy
- Lost wages and a reduction in earning capacity
- Disability and/or scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
- Property damage
How Much Will I Receive?
No two rideshare accidents are the same. Some involve minor injuries, whereas others require a trip to the emergency room. The severity of your injuries could affect how much you receive Similarly, the outcome of insurance negotiations can impact the value of your case. Until we discuss the details of your case and exactly what happened, it’s difficult to assign an average settlement value to rideshare accident cases.
If you’re curious about what your case is worth, a Hialeah rideshare accident lawyer can advise you. Their case estimates could help you avoid unfair settlement offers from insurers.
How Does Rideshare Accident Insurance Work?
Rideshare companies, like Uber or Lyft, provide third-party liability insurance to their drivers. The coverage this insurance offers is based on what the driver is doing at the time the accident occurred:
- If the app was off at the time of the accident: Rideshare insurance will not apply. You will need to file a claim with the personal insurer of the at-fault party, provided they were carrying insurance.
- If the app was on and the driver was waiting for an assignment: Rideshare insurance will kick in the following: $50,000 per person for bodily injury, $100,000 per accident for bodily injury, $25,000 per accident for property damage
- If the app was on and the driver was carrying passengers: Rideshare insurance applies up to $1,000,000 for 3rd party liability
Am I Required to Hire a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Hialeah?
Florida law does not require you to hire a lawyer after a rideshare accident that was not your fault. But dealing with insurance companies can be stressful, especially when you should be focusing on your recovery.
A rideshare accident attorney serving Hialeah from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can assist you in the following ways:
Evidence is the foundation of rideshare accident cases. Without evidence, it can be difficult to prove that another party was responsible for your accident. Evidence in these cases may include:
- Traffic or dash camera footage of the accident
- The police report
- Eyewitness statements
- Your medical records
- Photos of your injuries and the accident scene
- Any other relevant information
Rideshare accident lawyers can be tasked with gathering this information, so that you can rest and recover. They may visit the crash scene or contact relevant witnesses to build your case.
Manage Insurance Negotiations
Rideshare accidents are usually caused by one of two parties:
- A rideshare driver
- Another driver on the roadway
In either case, you’ll likely need to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurer to secure a settlement.
Insurance companies aren’t on your side. Insurers will likely do everything in their power to ensure that you settle for as low as possible. These efforts could include:
- Using your recorded statements to suggest that you were responsible for your accident
- Taking advantage of the difficult position you are in by offering you a quick but low-value settlement
- Reviewing your social media page to find evidence that strengthens their case
Our lawyers are familiar with the tactics that rideshare accident insurers use. We can identify these bad faith practices and communicate with insurers on your behalf. With our help, you won’t need to spend hours going back and forth with an insurance representative. We’ll fight for the best settlement offer possible.
Provide Compassionate Care
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are passionate advocates for our injured clients. Our team goes the extra mile to ensure you have a positive experience. We will:
- Review your case for free
- Provide you with consistent case updates
- Ensure that your complicated legal questions don’t go unanswered
- Assist you with scheduling accident-related appointments
With our team on your side, you worry about getting better while we handle everything else.
Can I Afford A Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
Affording a rideshare accident lawyer is easier than you might think. Our team works on contingency, which means that:
- We don’t require any upfront fees or retainers
- We only get paid if you receive a settlement after your rideshare accident
This allows us to provide legal support to clients, regardless of their financial standing. You don’t have to avoid hiring a lawyer because you’re afraid of going into debt to pay your legal fees.
Can Anyone Else Be Held Liable For My Rideshare Accident?
Generally, any party that caused your accident could be held liable. This could include other drivers, truckers, or car manufacturers, based on the facts of your case. A lawyer who handles rideshare accident cases from our firm can review your case, identify the liable party or parties, and hold them accountable via an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
You Deserve a Rideshare Accident Lawyer Serving Hialeah
Our team has secured countless settlements and court awards for our personal injury clients. We know what you’re going through and want to make your recovery easier. You and your family deserve a chance to pursue fair compensation.
Typically, you have four years after a rideshare accident to pursue a lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). The sooner you get started on your case, the more time we’ll have to gather evidence and contact witnesses. Contact our offices for a free case review today.
We Can Help.