If you were in a traffic accident involving an Uber driver, you may be able to file a claim and recover compensation for your injuries and other damages. A Lehigh Acres Uber accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you pursue this financial recovery.
Our team provides free consultations for those who suffered injuries in Uber accidents in Lehigh Acres and throughout Lee County. We can assess your legal options for seeking compensation with you and explain how we may be able to help. You can get answers about your case and our services during your initial complimentary meeting with our team.
- Recovering Money for the Damages You Suffered in Your Lehigh Acres Crash
- The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Provide Responsive Legal Care
- Building a Case for Compensation After a Lehigh Acres Uber Crash
- What Is the Timeline for Suing Based on an Uber Crash in Lehigh Acres?
- Get a Free Case Review With One of Our Team Members Today
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Lehigh Acres, call (800) 747-3733
Recovering Money for the Damages You Suffered in Your Lehigh Acres Crash
Whether you recover compensation through a negotiated insurance settlement or a jury verdict, your money damages will stem from the expenses and losses you incurred because of your crash. The damages in these incidents vary but often include categories such as:
- Medical bills, including future care needs
- Lost wages and other income
- Diminished ability to work and earn or inability to return to a career
- Property damages, including your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Other intangible losses
After investigating what led to your crash and who is liable, we will collect documentation of your damages and begin to value the claim. While adding your bills and receipts will help us with the economic expenses, we will also need to determine your future care costs and your intangible damages.
This task will require us to use our knowledge and experience of similar cases and work with medical experts to learn about your prognosis and ongoing medical needs. This is essential to demanding a fair settlement and recovering a just payout in your case.
Wrongful Death Claims After a Lee County Uber Accident
If your loved one died in a rideshare crash, our team may be able to help the personal representative of the estate take legal action. Family members can receive compensation for economic and non-economic losses through this process. Free case consultations are available in Lehigh Acres today.
Lehigh Acres Uber Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Provide Responsive Legal Care
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our lawyers understand how car accident law works in Florida. Filing an insurance claim or pursuing compensation can be complicated, especially when there is a rideshare driver involved. However, we can make this process much easier for you. If you work with our team, you can expect:
- Quick responses to your questions, because you will have your attorney’s direct phone number
- Frequent case updates
- Protection for your rights and fighting for your best interests
- A legal team willing to go the extra mile
- Help with car repairs, making doctor’s appointments, and other tasks
With an attorney from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine on your side, you worry about getting better. We take care of everything else. We represent clients based on contingency fees, too. You do not pay us anything upfront, and we only collect attorney’s fees if we win your case.
Building a Case for Compensation After a Lehigh Acres Uber Crash
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand how Uber handles insurance for their drivers in Florida. We can determine if you have a right to file a lawsuit based on the facts of your case and will take care of negotiating a settlement or taking legal action on your behalf. We may be able to help clients who suffered serious injuries when:
- Riding in an Uber that was in a crash
- Hit by an Uber driver while driving their own car
- In another car hit by an Uber
- Hit by an Uber driver while on foot or riding their bicycle
We will identify which insurance policy is primary when the crash occurred and if secondary coverage is available. In general, the applicable policies will depend on what the Uber driver was doing on the app at the time of the collision. This includes:
- When off the app, the individual driver’s liability policy applies.
- When on the app but not matched with a rider, the driver’s policy is primary, but Uber provides a secondary liability policy.
- When on the app and matched with a rider, the rideshare company provides a large liability policy that provides $1 million in coverage.
Our team can gather evidence to prove negligence and liability and seek compensation for our clients. Unfortunately, we see many rideshare accident cases. According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), there were more than 14,000 crashes in Lee County in 2021, including almost 8,500 injuries and 119 fatalities. No data are available on how many of these incidents involved rideshare drivers, though.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Is the Timeline for Suing Based on an Uber Crash in Lehigh Acres?
Florida has a statute of limitations that creates a deadline for suing the liable party or parties in a traffic accident case. This deadline applies to beginning a lawsuit in most cases. In general:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) gives you four years for a personal injury
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) gives you two years for a wrongful death
There may be exceptions, but they do not apply in most cases. You will likely be barred from financial recovery through a jury trial if you miss the deadline that applies to your case. This non-compliance could also greatly hamper your ability to negotiate a fair settlement outside of court, as well. It is imperative to meet all timelines that apply in your case.
Our attorneys can identify the applicable deadlines in your case. We also ensure our clients meet them and take other steps to protect their rights, assuming we are aware of their case in time to do so.
Get a Free Case Review With One of Our Team Members Today
We can speak with you today for free. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we review the claims of accident victims to ensure they understand their rights and how we may be able to help them seek justice and money damages in their case. Connect with us today to get started.