Uber vehicles are now ubiquitous across the nation. They are a cheap and convenient travel option for many, and they provide extra income to their drivers. There is, however, a downside: Uber drivers are just as susceptible to careless mistakes and bad decisions.
If you or a loved one were injured in Naples, an Uber accident lawyer from our firm wants to help. Our team can assess your accident’s worth and meet with the liable party’s insurance company to negotiate on your behalf for that amount.
Seeking Compensation for Your Naples Uber Accident
There were 2,391 injury crashes in Collier County (including Naples) in 2021, according to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). Such accidents are often very costly for the victims. A lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can pursue compensation for your Uber accident injuries, which may include any or all of the following.
Also known as “economic damages,” financial damages refer to the money you have lost or expect to lose because of the accident. You can ask the liable party to reimburse you for losses pertaining to:
- Medical expenses, if you had to go to the hospital, take medication, use an assistive device, or receive any other type of professional treatment
- Repair costs, if your car needed repairs or replacement due to accident-inflicted damage
- Loss of income, if your injuries left you unable to perform your regular job duties
- Loss of earning capacity, if your injuries will continue to affect your career and your income stream in the future
Physical and Emotional Damages
In legal terms, physical and emotional harm is often referred to as “non-economic damages.” Unlike economic damages, which can be used to mitigate financial suffering, no amount of non-economic damages can undo your injuries. However, they can help you support your family while you are unable to work and ensure the liable party is held accountable for their negligence.
In the past, we have helped clients recover non-economic damages such as:
- Pain and suffering, if the injuries you sustained were physically and/or emotionally painful, or if they caused emotional trauma
- Disabling injuries, if you have temporarily or permanently lost the use of a limb, organ, or function
- Lost quality of life, if you previously led an independent, pain-free lifestyle and can no longer do so
- Scar tissue, if any of your injuries resulted in permanent marks that impact your physical appearance and/or abilities
We Protect Our Uber Accident Clients
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is dedicated to going the extra mile for each and every client. We empower accident victims by:
- Evaluating their cases over the phone at no cost, risk, or obligation to them
- Charging no upfront attorney’s fees—and charging no attorney’s fees at all if we cannot win compensation
- Giving clients their lawyer’s phone number so they can call with questions, concerns, or updates at any time
- Keeping clients in the loop at all times and advising them about their options at each stage of the lawsuit
We also give clients the time and peace of mind they need to focus on recovering from their injuries. A personal injury attorney from our firm can champion your rights by managing all of the following legal tasks and more on your behalf.
- Filing paperwork: We know what forms to fill out, how to complete them, who to send them to, and what the filing deadlines are.
- Gathering evidence: To make your case as strong as possible, an attorney from our office can investigate your accident and build a casefile based on materials from your doctor, the responding officer, witness statements, and more.
- Quantifying injuries: It is important that you understand the true monetary worth of your injuries. Otherwise, the insurance company may try to offer a lowball settlement that does not cover your needs.
- Negotiating a settlement: If possible, we can meet with the liable party’s insurance company and agree on a pretrial settlement. If not, we can seek a jury award through a trial.
You have a limited amount of time to sue a liable party for damages. In personal injury cases, you have four years from the accident date, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). In wrongful death cases, you have much less time.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine wants to help safeguard your rights and hold the liable party accountable for their actions. The sooner we can begin, the more time we have to put together a strong, convincing case.
Who to Sue After an Uber Accident
Accidents involving Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare services often present greater challenges to would-be plaintiffs than other types of traffic accident cases. For example, there is the matter of insurance and liable parties. A Lyft accident could be caused by:
- A Lyft driver, if they engaged in reckless or negligent behavior like speeding, ignoring traffic signs, driving in the wrong lane, or driving under the influence
- Another driver, if they engaged in dangerous behaviors that caused them to hit a Lyft vehicle
- Lyft itself, if company policy or lack of oversight contributed to the accident in any way
- An auto part manufacturer, if there was an inherent flaw in the Lyft vehicle or your own vehicle
- A government entity, if the environment itself was dangerous and contributed to the accident
It is very important to correctly identify all liable parties in your case. Otherwise, you will not know who legally owes you damages, how much to seek from each party, or whose insurance company to negotiate with. Our team can bring clarity to your case and do everything possible to secure the compensation you are entitled to recover.
We Represent Uber Accident Victims in Naples
If you are unsure of what to do after an Uber accident, we want to hear from you. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers free case reviews to anyone who lives and/or was injured in Naples, Florida. During this call, we will tell you how a lawyer from our office can assist you in your pursuit of damages.
We Can Help.