Crashes involving concrete trucks can be some of the most catastrophic. These accidents may result from negligence and recklessness.
The damages caused by a cement truck accident are expensive. If you’re a victim of such an accident, our Hialeah concrete truck accident lawyers can handle your case.
Our Hialeah Concrete Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
Heavy vehicles are especially dangerous to those located on or near them when an accident occurs. Due to the weight of these trucks, they can cause irreparable damage very quickly when they collide with other types of vehicles.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) sets strict regulations and laws for these kinds of vehicles, but truck drivers or trucking companies may not follow them.
A Hialeah concrete truck attorney from our firm can:
- Defend your rights by protecting your interests
- Guide you through all the aspects of your case, from the beginning to the end
- Identify witnesses for your case, including doctors, police officers, and other professionals
- Motivate you to win if they’ve been winning bigger settlements for other clients
- Help you avoid making mistakes, like accepting low-ball offers or fault
For a free legal consultation with a concrete truck accidents lawyer serving Hialeah, 800-747-3733
Reasons Why Concrete Truck Accidents Happen
Concrete truck accidents can have devastating consequences for all parties involved. Depending on what caused the accident, several parties may be liable. Some causes of concrete truck accidents include:
- Improper Truck Maintenance: Concrete trucks are large commercial vehicles that require regular maintenance and upkeep. If their brakes fail or experience other problems due to neglect, accidents are more likely to occur.
- Poorly Trained Drivers: Truck drivers are generally required to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL), but that does not necessarily mean they are adequately trained for the job. If a driver fails to receive proper training or certification, they may be unprepared for the demands of driving a large truck such as a concrete mixer.
- Overloaded Trucks: Concrete trucks have weight limits that they cannot exceed while driving on the road; However, drivers sometimes overload their trucks to get more work done in less time.
- Concrete Mix Spills: There is a chance that this can happen when pouring the concrete, especially when it comes to an inexperienced driver. The concrete truck could also be driving too fast or at an incorrect angle, causing the concrete spill.
- Hydraulic Systems Malfunction: Hydraulics is what lifts the cement onto the chute. If anything goes wrong with this system, there is a chance that the concrete can become loose and fall onto someone below.
- Unsecured Load in Transit: As with any vehicle carrying a large load, there is always a chance that the cargo can shift during transport and cause an accident.
A lawyer from our firm can determine who was at fault in the accident and help prove that they were negligent. This can help you recover compensation for your injuries, vehicle damage, and other losses. If you have been hurt in an accident involving a concrete truck, we can handle the legal legwork while you rest.
HialeahConcrete Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
What to Do in a Concrete Truck Accident
If you’re involved in a concrete truck accident, consider taking a few steps to protect your life and rights. If you have been injured, it’s crucial to seek medical help immediately.
Then, call the police. Once the police come on the scene, they will take photographs and talk to witnesses. The police may give you information on what type of insurance policy your driver had with them. This will help determine how much money you could get from your insurance company when filing a claim for damages.
You should also contact your insurance company as soon as possible after an accident has occurred. This is because many accidents occur on highways and other busy roads. There is often no way for drivers to know that they have collided with another vehicle until they look around them or hear something unusual.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Liability in a Concrete Truck Accident
Concrete truck accidents, like many other motor vehicle accidents, can include several parties.
Potentially liable parties in concrete truck accidents are:
- The vehicle’s driver
- The company that constructed or maintained the vehicle
- The government agency responsible for maintaining the roads
- Owner of the concrete truck for failing to do regular servicing
- The trucking business
If the driver fails to exercise reasonable caution when driving or handling the truck, they are responsible. Other road users owe the truck driver a duty of care. Similarly, the trucking firm may be held liable if a driver causes an accident.
Various auto parts can fail while on the road due to a lack of proper maintenance. The firm that developed the vehicle and performed maintenance on it may be held liable. Furthermore, concrete truck owners must ensure that the mixer is serviced regularly to prevent it from wearing out. While the truck is on the road, a defective mixer can fall on nearby vehicles.
Hialeah Concrete Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Contact Our Concrete Truck Lawyer for Legal Assistance
There are many laws governing concrete trucks for a good reason: accidents caused by these trucks can be devastating. We can handle your case so you can focus on your health.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are ready to help you pursue your claim. Contact us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW