If you got injured in a crash with a tractor-trailer in Hialeah, Florida, or the surrounding area, you might qualify for money damages. A Hialeah 18-wheeler accident lawyer could pursue compensation for your losses.
Big rig collisions often involve severe injuries because of the larger size and weight of these vehicles. Also, tractor-trailers need more distance to stop, so they might not be able to avoid an accident as a passenger car can. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can evaluate your case for free and pursue damages accordingly.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accidents lawyer serving Hialeah, call (800) 747-3733
You Can Sfford to Hire Our Truck Accident Team in Hialeah
We handle truck accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. With this type of fee arrangement, you do not pay us anything up front.
We cover court filing fees and other litigation expenses until the end of the case. Your case’s expenses, along with our attorney’s fees, come from the funds we secure for you.
Hialeah 18-Wheeler Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
You Must Abide by Florida’s Personal Injury Deadline
Florida law limits the amount of time people have to sue following their big rig accidents. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) says that you must file the personal injury lawsuit within four years, generally.
If your close relative passed away from injuries experienced in a big rig crash, we might be able to pursue compensation for the legal beneficiaries. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d), the wrongful death lawsuit has to get filed within two years.
There are harsh penalties for failing to file a lawsuit on time. If you miss your case’s filing deadline, you can lose the right to seek damages.
We will Seek the Full Scope of Your Injury-Related Losses
People with severe injuries or long-term impairments tend to recover more than accident claimants with minor injuries.
Here are some examples of money damages we have won for our clients:
- Past medical expenses. You could seek damages for the immediate medical care you required. Compensation could cover the ambulance, hospitalization, and other life-saving procedures.
- Future medical costs. Sometimes, people need additional procedures down the road to treat their injuries. Examples of this category include things like follow-up surgical procedures, skin grafts, scar revision operations, and ongoing physical therapy.
- Rehabilitative care. After a severe injury, like a head injury, the victim might need specialized inpatient or outpatient care.
- Long-term care. After a catastrophic injury, like spinal cord damage, a person might be left unable to live independently.
- Lost income. Your financial loss could be compensable if you missed paychecks because of a collision with an 18-wheeler. Wages, salary, self-employment, and other forms of regular income can be in this category.
- Loss of future earning capacity. Your condition may permanently limit your working ability. This type of money damage could apply to your case if you had to take a lower-paying position or reduce your working hours because of the harm you suffered.
- Intangible losses. These losses can be a challenge to measure in dollars because they don’t come with receipts or invoices. Nonetheless, these items are valid losses that deserve compensation. Disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and pain and suffering are a few examples of intangible losses.
After we talk to you and investigate your accident and injuries, we can calculate the monetary value of your injury claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
There Are Many Benefits to Partnering with Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Hialeah
Although Florida law does not require injured people to work with lawyers, it can be a smart decision to do so. Anyone who has had to negotiate with a claims adjuster will understand why injured people usually prefer to work with attorneys.
You should not have to battle the insurance company when you are trying to heal from your injuries. The insurer might assign three or four of their full-time employees to team up against you and pressure you into accepting far less money than you deserve. Your attorney can take all of this work and stress off of your shoulders so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
Also, injury claims have many inherent pitfalls. By working with one of our accident lawyers from the beginning, you can avoid mistakes that could destroy your case, like missing the deadline for filing a lawsuit.
We Can Hold the Negligent Parties Accountable in Uour Hialeah Collision Case
Unlike a typical car crash, you could sue the trucking company as well as the truck driver for a tractor-trailer collision. Big rig drivers and companies have to follow state and federal regulations that do not apply to people who drive passenger cars.
We can also investigate whether a weight violation or vehicular malfunction contributed to your collision. You could hold multiple parties accountable for the cost of your damages.
Take These Steps After Getting Hurt in a Hialeah 18-Wheeler Accident
Your health comes first. We hope that by the time you read this, you have already received medical attention. If not, visit your primary physician or go to an urgent care center. Once you’ve received a diagnosis, be sure to continue your treatment plan.
You should also:
- Avoid posting about the collision to social media
- Document your injury-related losses
- Refrain from giving a recorded statement
- Run any possible offers past your lawyer before accepting one
- Notify your insurance company
In Florida, you’re required to report serious accidents to the police. Having a copy of your police report on hand could speed up the evidence collection process. You can request a copy of your crash report from the City of Hialeah.
Begin Your Free Case Review Now
The earlier you start working with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Hialeah, the better. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we can help schedule your appointments, including car repair. All you need to concern yourself with is getting better. We can take care of the rest.
We pride ourselves on delivering responsive legal care. You will know your lawyer’s individual phone number. We provide frequent case updates, answer your questions, and promptly respond to your emails and phone calls.
You deserve this standard of care and respect. You can call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free initial consultation.