It can happen to any of us in an instant. You are in an accident due to someone else’s careless driving. It was not your fault. But now, you are suffering from whiplash or neck strain.
Whiplash can change everything.
Whiplash can affect driving, working, sleeping, fitness, or simply sitting and standing. While some recognize they have neck strain or whiplash immediately, others do not. Sometimes, it can take several hours or days before your neck begins to hurt.
If you were in a car accident that somebody else caused, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to speak with a whiplash injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale. Our car accident lawyers will investigate your case and help you pursue the money you need to pay bills, recover lost earnings, and compensate for your pain and suffering.
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Whiplash Injury Lawyer from Our Team?
- There Is a Deadline By Which You Must File Your Whiplash Injury Lawsuit
- What Is the Value of Your Whiplash Injury Case?
- What Our Former Clients Have to Say About Us
- How Can You Protect Your Right to Compensation in Fort Lauderdale?
- Three Commonly Asked Questions About Whiplash Injury Cases
- Contact Us for Help With Your Whiplash Injury Case in Fort Lauderdale
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash injury lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, call (800) 747-3733
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Whiplash Injury Lawyer from Our Team?
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine works on contingency fees. This means you can hire a lawyer without paying any money upfront. They take payment for their help from the money they get on your behalf. Your lawyer only collects their contingency fees if they win your case.
Here are two examples:
- Suppose that at the beginning of your partnership, you and your lawyer agreed that at the successful conclusion of your case, they get 10% of your settlement. If your lawyer wins you $250,000, they would take 10% of that amount.
- Suppose that you collect $0 in a whiplash settlement or verdict. In this instance, your lawyer does not collect a legal fee, and you do not pay your lawyer’s attorney’s fees.
You will know everything about your payment plan before you sign anything. We want you to know everything about our arrangement so that there are no surprises.
Fort Lauderdale Whiplash Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
There Is a Deadline By Which You Must File Your Whiplash Injury Lawsuit
The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits varies from state to state. However, in Florida, you generally have a four-year window in which to file a whiplash injury lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes §95.11.
Florida Statutes §95.051 provides a list of exceptions to this deadline. For instance, if you were hurt as a minor, you could have more time from the age of majority to file your lawsuit. In another situation, if the at-fault driver left the state or gave you a fake name at the accident scene, you could be granted an extension.
The sooner you act, the better. Reaching out to our firm in a timely manner gives us more time to investigate your situation and navigate your legal options. More importantly, if you fail to file your case on time, you risk losing the opportunity to file a lawsuit.
What Is the Value of Your Whiplash Injury Case?
Settlement payouts for whiplash vary, depending on your injuries and other factors. We can calculate the value of your case after reviewing your medical bills, employment records, and other related documentation. We will also consult with healthcare professionals and economists to learn more about what damages you can expect in the future.
You could recover compensation for the following losses:
Past and Future Medical Bills
Per Mayo Clinic, most instances of whiplash heal on their own within a matter of weeks. However, for some patients, the condition is chronic. As you reach maximum medical improvement, your case’s value could account for:
- Assistive mobility devices
- Doctors’ copays
- Long-term care
- Physical therapy
- Mental health counseling
- Imaging scans
Loss of Earnings
Whiplash can impede your regular range of motion, meaning that you could miss time from work during your recovery period. Your settlement or court award could include your lost wages, commissions, bonuses, and employee benefits.
If your injuries will place long-term limitations on your ability to make a living, you could also recover compensation for loss of future earning capacity.
Property Damage Expenses
We can determine the value of your vehicle before it was damaged and account for its repair or replacement in your case. We will also determine its diminished resale value, if appropriate.
Pain and Suffering
Whiplash can significantly impair your quality of life. You might be unable to spend time with your loved ones. Your career might be on hold while you seek treatment. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we believe that these hardships should be included as part of your claim.
The following things will determine the value of your pain and suffering:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of treatment
- Your mental health
- Your present quality of life
- Your relationships with your friends and loved ones
Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses
Here is a list of other miscellaneous damages that you can recover via a claim or lawsuit:
- Loss of consortium
- Impaired quality of life
Ultimately, the types of losses you can collect will depend on the details of your situation. We will not leave any expense unaccounted for while we negotiate a settlement or fight for a court award.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Our Former Clients Have to Say About Us
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has been serving Florida since 2006. During that time, founding partners Marc Anidjar and Glen Levine have handled thousands of cases.
Here are just a few of the things that our former clients have to say about us:
- “The Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine went above and beyond all expectations in providing me with top-notch service and follow-through in successfully settling my case for me, and negotiating my medical bills. Their entire staff were very hands-on in providing me with updates. I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of their services.” ––Adam S.
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the law firm of Anidjar and Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me. Shire was very attentive and worked hard to make sure all of my concerns were sufficiently addressed. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” -Viviana J.
Our team is committed to fighting for the rights of Floridians not only in Fort Lauderdale but throughout the state. We have office locations in Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Naples, West Palm Beach, and Orlando.
How Can You Protect Your Right to Compensation in Fort Lauderdale?
Say you are involved in a car accident and suspect you have a neck injury. The first thing you should do is to seek medical treatment and get an examination.
Some people know immediately there is something wrong. But others may not immediately recognize that they have a serious injury. That is why it is so important to see a doctor even if you do not believe you have a severe impairment.
Some of the symptoms of whiplash include:
- Pain, decreased range of motion, and tightness
- Pain or stiffness when rocking your head or looking over your shoulder
Whiplash can make it difficult to work every day, which of course, could impact your salary and your standard of living. It can also affect your quality of life if you are dealing with constant pain and limitations associated with your whiplash.
Your doctor can give you a proper diagnosis, so set up an appointment right away.
Further, whiplash may be present alongside a concussion, a type of traumatic brain injury, which can be very serious. Signs of a concussion can include a persistent or worsening headache, dizziness, confusion, or nausea.
Other Recommendations after Getting Hurt
As we mentioned earlier, you should immediately get medical help. Seeing a doctor creates a record of your injury, which helps us connect it to your accident.
But there are other important steps you need to take that will help you later pursue a car accident settlement.
Other steps to take include:
- Filing a police report
- Getting a copy of the police report
- Documenting the accident as much as possible (this includes taking photographs, eyewitness information, etc.)
- Reporting the accident to the insurance company – but do not give any statements until you speak with us first.
You should also consider talking to our team as soon as possible. We can get started building your case today.
Three Commonly Asked Questions About Whiplash Injury Cases
In the years that we have been serving injured people, we have come to recognize some commonly asked questions. Below, you can read the responses to some of those questions. Of course, we can expand more on these answers during your free case review.
What Happens if You Contributed to the Accident?
In addition to operating on a no-fault insurance system, Florida also uses the system of pure comparative negligence. This means that even if you were 99% responsible for the crash, you could still recover your losses. However, the money you can get will be affected by your role in the accident.
So, in this case, if you were 99% responsible for the crash, you would only be able to recover 1% of your damages.
Do You Need a Lawyer to Manage Your Car Accident Case?
The American Bar Association (ABA) notes that while you can represent yourself, doing so may not be in your best interest. “Pro se” representation is when you act as your own lawyer. Without retaining our firm, you will be solely responsible for:
- Negotiating with the insurers
- Defending yourself against bad faith insurance practices
- Calculating your past, present, and future expenses
- Investigating your own accident
- Appearing in court, if necessary
- Handling communications from all involved parties
You will also need to have a comprehensive understanding of Florida’s personal injury laws, which can be difficult to learn about while you recover from your condition. Contact our personal injury lawyers today.
What Is the Average Settlement for Whiplash Injury Claims?
The outcomes of most cases are confidential, meaning that we cannot answer this question in good faith. Every case’s value is determined by its own set of circumstances. Your final award will be calculated based on your injuries, recovery period, quality of life, and other factors.
Contact Us for Help With Your Whiplash Injury Case in Fort Lauderdale
The lawyers of the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine want to help you if you suffered whiplash from a car accident.
Our lawyers are licensed to practice in the state of Florida. If you require legal assistance anywhere in Fort Lauderdale, call for a free consultation. Remember, we work on a contingency-fee-basis, and we do not get paid unless you do!