A head-on collision accident can leave victims with extensive and potentially disabling injuries. Often, these high-impact crashes may result in fatalities. Head-on collisions can cause some of the worst devastations in victims’ lives, and they commonly result from negligence.
If you or a loved one sustained severe injuries in a car crash of this nature in Fort Lauderdale, you likely face a long road to recovery. You will need ongoing medical care and, if your injuries keep you from returning to work, a way to pay your bills and keep a roof over your head.
The good news is that Florida’s liability laws allow you to pursue financial compensation from the at-fault party. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine provides assistance and proactive legal representation to clients who have experienced head-on collision accidents and injuries. Contact a head-on collision accident & back injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, today for a free case evaluation.
How the Head-On Collision Accident Injury Claims Process Works
Because Florida’s statutes establish a no-fault auto insurance law, most head-on accident victims must first file a claim with their personal injury protection (PIP) insurance carrier before seeking damages elsewhere.
Although your PIP coverage (typically with $10,000 in coverage) will help with your medical bills, lost wages, and some household bills, it does not cover these items 100 percent. And, as you may well know, $10,000 may not come close to covering your medical bills for a severe injury.
If you suffered serious injuries, you may be able to pursue compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance. To collect on your claim, you must demonstrate that you suffered economic damages and that the accident occurred because of the at-fault party’s negligence.
How Much a Head-On Collision Injury Settlement Is Worth
Some of the most common injuries that result from head-on collision accidents include:
- Severe head injuries
- Neck and spinal damage
- Damage to internal organs
In the most severe crashes, victims may lose limbs, become paralyzed, or die as a result of their injuries. The nature and extent of your injuries will form the basis of your claim’s dollar value. Our legal team will gather a variety of information related to your damages to determine the actual value of your head-on collision accident and injury claim.
Typically, the basis of an injury accident claim starts with these items:
- The cost of medical care and treatment to date
- The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Lost wages and benefits to date
- Miscellaneous items (such as vehicle towing, other damaged property, etc.)
If your injuries will require additional or ongoing care, or if you must miss more work in the future, we will also incorporate these factors into your claim:
- Future medical treatment costs
- Rehab and therapy costs
- Wages, benefits, and opportunity loss that may happen next
When you hire our accident lawyers, we evaluate your claim to identify an appropriate value for your pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
You Have a Limited Time to Take Legal Action
The vast majority of car accident cases settle out of court. Yours is likely to be resolved the same way. If not, we preserve your ability to go to court by filing a lawsuit on your behalf in accordance with the statute of limitations.
- The personal injury statute of limitations generally allows you to file your lawsuit within four years of the accident, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
- The wrongful death statute of limitations generally allows you to file your lawsuit within two years of the date of a loved one’s passing, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
If an acceptable settlement isn’t forthcoming, we will file a lawsuit and take your case to court. Your lawyer will advance your case by taking depositions, cross-examining witnesses, and presenting supporting evidence.
We Will Not Let the Statute of Limitations Expire
The statute of limitations is a complex legal concept that, on your own, can be difficult to decipher. Many factors of the accident — the ages of the injured parties, actions taken by the at-fault party, seeking compensation from a government or municipal agency — can alter the filing deadline.
Regardless of your filing deadline’s specifics, if you don’t act within the allotted period:
- Your potential lawsuit will be immediately dismissed.
- You will not be able to compel compensation through a lawsuit legally.
- The at-fault may not legally owe you any compensation.
Our team will help you avoid these costly consequences. The car accident report, statements from witnesses, and accident reconstruction data will help us determine your case’s filing deadline.
How Our Law Firm Makes Your Head-On Collision Case a Priority
No two clients and no two cases are alike. So, we make sure to treat you like a person–– not a case file. Our car accident firm will provide you with:
- Personalized legal support
- Your attorney’s phone number
- Ongoing case updates
- Answers to your questions
- Responses to calls and emails
We go the extra mile for you and every client we represent. We will even help you schedule medical appointments and get your car repaired. In short, you worry about getting better; our team will manage everything else.
See Why Previous Clients Leave Online Reviews and Referrals
When clients we’ve represented in the past tell others about our legal support, they leave reviews like these on our client testimonials page:
- Stephen L.: My experience with this law firm has been a great one…Anytime I had questions or concerns, I would call, and someone would always have an answer for me. Their follow-up is outstanding…I have highly recommended them to family and friends and will continue.
- Wilnet E.: I had nothing but a positive experience with the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine…I can honestly say that they surpassed my expectation and ensured I was compensated appropriately for my injuries…They will always be the law firm I choose to represent me.
How a Head-On Collision Injury Lawyer Can Help You Get Justice
To successfully collect a settlement from the at-fault party’s insurance carrier, you must provide proof of your expenses and prove the driver’s liability for the crash. The Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine help accident victims get the fair financial compensation they deserve for their injuries and damages.
Our services help you through this challenging time. We will protect your legal rights and ensure that you get the medical care and treatment you need to heal and recover. Our head-on collision accident & injury lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL, will also deal with the claims adjusters and other party’s lawyers, providing any information they may require.
We can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure it offers you a fair settlement for your damages. In the event the insurance company refuses to offer an acceptable settlement, we are ready to take your case to court.
To build your case, we will call on a variety of resources:
- Testimony from medical experts about your injuries
- Your doctor’s prognosis for recovery
- Accident reconstruction experts
- Witness statements
- Photos or videos of the accident scene
To establish liability, we will aim to prove negligence by:
- Demonstrating the at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- Showing that they breached their duty
- Proving that the breach resulted in your accident
- Proving that you had monetary damages
Common Causes of Head-On Collision Accidents & Injuries
In most Fort Lauderdale head-on collision accidents, one driver crosses over into oncoming traffic before striking another car.
Some common causes of these accidents involve driver negligence, such as:
- Driving while impaired
- Driving while tired or fatigued
- Driving while distracted
- Reckless driving
- Unsafe passing
- Failure to heed speed limits
In some cases, an outside influence may trigger a crash of this nature, including:
- Poor visibility
- Weather conditions
- Poor traffic markings
- Other motorists, cyclists, or pedestrians
- Road hazards
If another factor contributed to your crash, our legal team could determine if a non-motorist had liability and, if so, what percentage of fault they may bear.
Schedule a Free Case Review with a Head-On Collision Accident & Injury Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is standing by to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering, and other damages.
We offer a no-cost consultation to help you understand your options. Although no financial settlement, no matter how big, can make up for your considerable pain and suffering, it will help you get the resources you need to get your life back on track.
To schedule your appointment with a head-on collision accident and injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, contact one of our team members today.
We Can Help.