If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, or another incident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to file an insurance claim to collect compensation. We can help.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we have extensive experience handling all types of accident claims in the South Florida area, including Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Hollywood, Boca Raton, Pompano Beach, and Hialeah. You can connect with our team today to learn more.
- What Types of Accidents Constitute a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Claim?
- Establishing an Accident Case in Fort Lauderdale
- How Much does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer from Our Team?
- How Can You Prove the Other Party Caused Your Injuries?
- What Can You Expect When Filing a Fort Lauderdale Accident Claim?
- How Can the Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Help You?
- Read About Our History of Helping Previous Accident Victims
- Get Help from Our Legal Team Today
For a free legal consultation with a accident claims lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, call (800) 747-3733
What Types of Accidents Constitute a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injuries occur in a wide variety of ways. Some of the most common personal injury cases in Fort Lauderdale include:
- Boat accidents
- Brain injuries
- Car accidents
- Child injuries
- Defective products
- Electric shock
- Head-on collisions
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Side-impact collisions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Truck and big rig accidents
Fort Lauderdale Accident Claims Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Establishing an Accident Case in Fort Lauderdale
Almost all South Florida personal injury claims center on negligence. If you can show that another party acted negligently, and this action caused your injuries, you could have a valid personal injury claim.
Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you generally have four years from the date of your accident to file an injury lawsuit. If an accident caused a loved one’s passing, you and your family generally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). However, the statute of limitations may be shorter in some cases, so it pays to contact us as soon as possible after getting hurt.
Complying with the statute of limitations is critical to your case. Failure to comply could mean you inadvertently relinquish your right to file a personal injury lawsuit, which could leave you unable to compel compensation. With sufficient notice, our legal team will make sure your lawsuit is filed within the allotted period.
Contact our lawyers today!
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer from Our Team?
It costs you virtually nothing to hire a lawyer from our firm. That is because we work on a contingency-fee basis. In this arrangement:
- You do not pay us anything to get started on your case.
- We will take a percentage of your winnings as payment for our help.
- You do not pay our attorney’s fees if we do not win your case.
Your initial case review is free, as well. With our team on your side, the last thing you need to worry about is how you will pay for legal representation.
We Offer Free, No-Obligation Case Reviews
We offer a no-cost, no-obligation review of your accident so we can gather some basic information about your condition. We may ask:
- What injuries have you suffered? How have they affected your life?
- What medical treatments did/do you require?
- Did anyone see your accident happen?
- Have you already started the legal process?
You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about our law firm, our legal team, your case, and your legal options. There is no obligation to partner with us when you call.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Can You Prove the Other Party Caused Your Injuries?
Proving negligence requires providing evidence that:
- The other party owed you a certain level of care, such as to keep the floor of a restaurant free from spills or to obey all traffic laws;
- The other party failed to provide this level of care;
- This caused you to suffer injuries in a fall, crash, or another accident; and
- You suffered actual physical or financial injuries because of the accident.
Proving negligence is critical to winning your personal injury case.
You Can Still Pursue Damages If You were Partially at Fault
In many cases, both parties contribute to an accident. If you acted in a way that contributed to your own injuries — texting while walking, for example — it might affect how much compensation you can obtain.
Florida law recognizes a pure comparative fault theory, which means you can still recover compensation even if you were 99 percent at fault. Yet, your percentage of fault will reduce your settlement.
What Can You Expect When Filing a Fort Lauderdale Accident Claim?
Accidents can have devastating consequences for victims, as well as their families and friends. The physical and emotional pain and suffering, long hospital stays, medical expenses, and significant time off work can take a huge toll on everyone involved.
For many families, the steep medical bills and lost earnings resulting from an accident lead to a desperate financial situation. Luckily, the victims of Fort Lauderdale personal injury accidents can obtain compensation to cover their damages.
In many cases, we can recover compensation for your injuries by filing a third-party insurance claim based on the at-fault party’s auto liability, homeowners, or business insurance policy. However, for your claim to be successful:
We Must Gather Evidence to Support Your Accident Testimony
After analyzing your case, we go to work collecting evidence and calculating the value of your losses. Evidence varies from case to case but may include:
- Accident reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Your medical records
- Medical bills
- Documentation of missed work and lost wages
- Pictures of the accident scene and your injuries
- Videos of the incident, if possible
We Can Discuss Your Case with the Insurance Company
Based on the evidence we find, we will send a demand letter to the insurance company. This document lays out your case and provides proof of your economic and non-economic damages. It will also include information about:
- How your accident happened
- The details of your injuries
- The names of those involved
- How you want your case to be resolved
We Will Attempt to Negotiate a Settlement for Your Florida Accident Claim
In most cases, the insurance company contemplates your terms and comes back with a lower amount. This begins negotiations, which continue until we reach a fair settlement.
Occasionally, we cannot reach a fair settlement without taking further legal action. If the insurance company refuses to offer enough compensation to cover your losses, we can file a lawsuit to resolve your case.
This sometimes prompts it to offer a higher settlement amount. The American Bar Association (ABA) says that most cases are resolved in this manner. If your case does not conclude in this way, however, the court can decide on your case and award any deserved compensation.
How Can the Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Help You?
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we have a full team of personal injury lawyers and medical experts ready to investigate your case and represent you in and out of the courtroom. Our South Florida personal injury attorneys provide aggressive representation in both mediation and at trial.
We always try to settle personal injury cases before trial if the insurance company agrees to an adequate payout. Like you, we want to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. However, if the insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement, we will file a personal injury lawsuit to get you the compensation you deserve.
We believe in providing each client with individualized, detailed attention. Our attorneys are available to clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A member of our team is always available to answer any questions that arise. We devote our full resources to getting you the maximum compensation possible in your case.
Get the Attention to Detail You Deserve
When our law firm represents you after an accident, we make sure you get the focused personal support you need. We never stop fighting for you or the compensation you are entitled to.
To benefit your situation, we will offer:
- Communicative legal care and guidance
- Ongoing contact with your accident lawyer
- Prompt updates on the progress of your case
- Answers to your questions and concerns
- Timely responses to your calls and emails
- Help scheduling your upcoming appointments
- Help having your property repaired or replaced
We go the extra mile for you and for every client we represent. While we take care of the details and minutiae of your case, you can concentrate on getting better.
Read About Our History of Helping Previous Accident Victims
We are passionate about helping victims of negligence-based accidents recover damages. Injured clients our team has helped in the past say the following:
- Daniel R.: Sharp as a knife and fought hard against the insurance with my best interest in mind…very responsive and always kept in touch updating me about my case at all hours. I had very high expectations for my injury compensation, and he exceeded them beyond belief…I would highly recommend him!
- Rudy D.: From literally the day after the accident I have been in the extremely capable hands of this law firm. The medical providers I was sent to were top notch, and everyone involved with handling my case…did an excellent job as well…Their reputation is well deserved. Thanks, guys!
Read additional details on our client testimonials page and learn more about how hard our team works to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Get Help from Our Legal Team Today
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine provides free consultations and case evaluations. If you suffered injuries because of another party’s negligence, call us to schedule a free consultation with a South Florida accident claims attorney today.