When a bicyclist gets hit by a car or truck, the resulting injuries can be devastating. If you were involved in a collision with a motor vehicle while riding your bike, we encourage you to call our team today. If it turns out that the driver was negligent, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
A bicycle accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale can help you by meeting deadlines, filing claims, gathering evidence, and negotiating with insurers. Hiring an attorney to handle your claim will allow you to focus on recovering from your injuries.
How Long Do You Have To File a Lawsuit After Getting Hurt in a Florida Bicycle Accident?
The time you have to file your bicycle accident lawsuit in Fort Lauderdale depends on various aspects of your situation, including:
- Whether a motorist harmed you in a hit-and-run accident
- Your age on the accident date
- Whether the at-fault party fled the state or provided a fake name
You generally have four years from the accident date to file your lawsuit with the court system, as explained by Florida Statutes § 95.11 (3)(a). The above rules could give you more time, but these exceptions may not apply to you.
Most cases settle long before the four-year deadline. However, we encourage you to seek our help as soon as possible to keep your options open. We also want to get started on your claim while the evidence is easy to gather and memories of the accident are still fresh in people’s minds.
What Happens if I Miss the State’s Filing Deadline?
If the insurance company refuses to pay for your losses, you can file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver to get the compensation you need.
If you miss the filing deadline:
- You will not be permitted to file your lawsuit at all.
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed with prejudice, barring you from filing it again.
- The at-fault party might not pay for your losses.
When you partner with our South Florida law firm, we will manage your bicycle accident case from start to finish and file it within the appropriate deadline.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, 800-747-3733
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Bicycle Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale?
It costs nothing upfront or out-of-pocket to secure our legal help. We believe in providing legal assistance to anyone who needs it, regardless of financial standing. We do not want you to decide between paying your medical bills and obtaining an attorney.
Our Fort Lauderdale bicycle accident lawyers represent people based on a “contingency fee arrangement.” We take our fees from the settlement or court award you receive. We do not charge our attorney’s fees if your case is unsuccessful.
We know how to build strong cases and win them, but you pay nothing unless we get you compensation.
Fort LauderdaleBicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Do You Need to Hire an Attorney for Your Bike Accident Case?
You may wonder if you can file a claim without an attorney. You could go at it alone and try dealing with the insurance company and all the red tape. However, managing everything required for a successful personal injury claim can be challenging, especially when recovering from serious injuries.
Our accident injury legal team can help you by:
Calculating the Value of Your Losses
We can use the following information to determine the total sum of your losses:
- Your bicycle repair estimates
- Your medical bills
- Your employment records
- Invoices from your physical therapist (if applicable)
- Testimony from financial and medical experts
We work relentlessly to get our clients the money they are owed.
Protecting You Against Unfair Insurance Tactics
An attorney from our firm can help protect your rights. We will not allow the insurance company to take advantage of you or reduce the financial compensation you are entitled to.
When you are hurt and stressed, you should concentrate on healing rather than battling the insurance company. Let us manage any vital negotiations for you.
Investigating the Circumstances of Your Bicycle Crash
Once you enlist our help, we will investigate your accident and build a case to support your claim. Part of this process involves negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurer to obtain a fair settlement offer. In many cases, we can get a satisfactory initial settlement without going before a judge or filing a lawsuit.
Litigating Your Case
If the insurance company denies your claim or offers too little compensation, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
We will handle aspects of your case, including:
- Completing paperwork, obtaining documentation, and meeting court deadlines
- Collecting relevant evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Preparing your case for trial
- Representing you in court (if your case goes to trial)
- Collecting a fair settlement or award on your behalf
You have suffered enough, and our law firm is here to help. The personal injury lawyers at our Fort Lauderdale location are committed to helping bike accident victims like you receive maximum compensation for their injuries.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
We Put the “Personal” in Personal Injury
We aim to provide customized services for your specific needs. In addition to the services listed above, when you partner with our team:
- You will receive your attorney’s direct phone number.
- You receive frequent updates about your case.
- You can call us any time with questions and concerns.
- You get timely replies to emails and calls.
We can also arrange repairs for your bicycle and schedule any medical appointments you require.
We Are Passionate About Helping Injured Clients Recover Damages
One of the many things that set our law firm apart is our responsiveness. Perusing the reviews and recommendations on our client testimonials page will help you understand what it means to work with our client-focused personal injury attorneys.
Learn more about our commitment to outstanding client support by browsing our website and reading our Google reviews.
Fort Lauderdale Bicycle AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Common Causes of Accidents Involving Bicycles and Motor Vehicles
Cyclists are often injured or killed when hit by negligent motorists. Here are some common accident causes:
- Turning without signaling
- Distracted driving due to cell phone misuse
- Driving into the bike lane
- Failing to yield to a bicyclist
- Drunk driving
Those are just a few examples of situations that lead to car and truck accidents involving vulnerable cyclists.
Types of Injuries That Arise from Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle injuries can be catastrophic. A person on a bicycle is no match for a moving vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds or more. And sadly, these accidents are often fatal.
Someone who survives a bicycle accident is often left with soft tissue injuries, broken bones, internal injuries, and road rash. Head injuries are also possible, even if the cyclist wore a helmet during the accident.
Bicycle riders sometimes sustain long-term or permanent injuries like:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe scarring and disfigurement
Compensation in Your Case Could Include Past, Present, and Future Damages
Florida has laws in place to protect accident victims. If you or a loved one were hurt in a bicycle accident, you may face mounting medical bills or lost time at work. If we determine you have a viable case against a negligent driver, we will fight for your right to fair compensation.
Depending on your particular circumstances, you could receive money for the following expenses:
- Medical expenses: These include costs associated with hospitalization, doctor visits, prescription drugs, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and other related care.
- Future medical costs: This includes future treatment for ongoing conditions, such as pain management and mental health counseling.
- Rehabilitation: This includes the cost of hiring an occupational therapist, physical therapist, speech pathologist, and other professionals who help people recover after they’ve been severely injured.
- Lost wages: This damage compensates you for the income you would have earned had you not been injured.
- Lost earning capacity: This covers the value of your ability to earn money in the future.
- Pain and suffering: This covers emotional distress caused by the incident, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Other expenses related to your accident: This may include travel expenses to and from doctor’s appointments and medical devices, such as crutches or wheelchairs.
Maximizing your compensation is our highest priority. We will evaluate your medical bills and receipts for other expenses related to your accident. We consider the full scope of your case, including future losses you may incur, to determine how much money you need.
We Manage Fatal Bicycle Accident Cases in Broward County
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 900 bicycle accidents result in fatalities each year. Because bicyclists are unprotected from impact, they are far more likely to suffer serious or fatal injuries than vehicle drivers and passengers.
If someone you love was fatally injured in a bicycle accident, you generally have two years from their passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). We will ensure your case is filed on time and help you recover the following types of damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of financial contributions
- Loss of household contributions
- Loss of consortium and society
We will also ensure your wrongful death damages are accurately calculated and explain which family members can file a wrongful death action.
You Can Still Seek Damages Even if You Were Partially Responsible
Florida operates on a pure comparative negligence system and is a no-fault state. This means that even if you were primarily responsible for what happened, you could still seek damages.
However, your percentage of fault will be deducted from your final settlement or court award, per Florida Statutes § 768.81.
Unfortunately, the insurance company might assign an inaccurate portion of fault to you. They do this on purpose to save money on your claim. However, we can use the following information to support your right to compensation:
- The accident report
- Traffic camera footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Testimony from accident reconstruction specialists
- Your medical treatment records
- Physical evidence from the accident scene, like skid marks
Our Florida Law Firm Goes the Extra Mile
We know you may have many questions about your case and how our bicycle accident lawyers can help. We will answer your questions and guide you through your next steps. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today or fill out our online contact form for a free case evaluation.
Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you! Contact us today for a free consultation with one of our Fort Lauderdale bicycle accident lawyers.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW