Have you been involved in a car accident that happened in a parking lot? Parking lot accidents are as serious as major crashes, and you can still pursue compensation for the injuries you or your loved one suffered.
Our parking lot accident lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL, can discuss legal options for holding the at-fault driver liable for your damages. Our attorneys give each case their full attention when seeking what you deserve.
Do you have questions about what actions to take after a parking lot accident? Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to set up a free legal consultation.
- Common Types of Parking Lot Accidents
- Pursuing Compensation for a Parking Lot Accident
- You Must File Your Claim or Lawsuit Within the Applicable Deadline
- We Do All the Hard Work of Building an Effective Case for Compensation
- See Why Previous Clients Recommend the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
- We Can Help You Get Compensation for Your Parking Lot Accident
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accidents lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, call (800) 747-3733
Common Types of Parking Lot Accidents
Some parking lot accidents occur when drivers:
- Fail to look for vehicles or pedestrians before backing out of a parking space
- Reverse too far out of a parking space and hit a parked car behind them
- Take broad turns into tight parking spaces and hit the parked car next to them
- Speed down lanes as other cars back out
- Travel in the wrong direction down a one-way lane
- Fail to yield the right-of-way to oncoming cars when making left turns
- Fail to follow parking signs.
A police officer may not respond to a parking lot accident with no serious injuries. Yet, it is always beneficial to obtain contact information and auto insurance information from other parties involved in the accident. Also, take as many photographs as possible of the accident scene and get statements from any eyewitnesses.
You can visit the nearest police department to file an accident report. This accident report serves as an official record of your accident, and you can submit the report to your auto insurance company when filing a claim.
Florida Statutes § 316.066 requires motorists to report vehicle crashes involving:
- Personal injuries
- Property or vehicle damage
- A drunk driver
- An inoperable vehicle that needs towing
- A commercial motor vehicle
Fort Lauderdale Parking Lot Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Pursuing Compensation for a Parking Lot Accident
Florida requires drivers and vehicle owners to carry $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. Since Florida is a no-fault state when it comes to auto accidents, you can file a claim with your insurance company to pursue expenses related to treating your injuries.
However, if the accident was not your fault, and you have severe injuries, you can file a negligence lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Our firm can help you with this matter. We offer free consultations, just contact us or call to set up an appointment.
We will investigate your accident and help you obtain the relevant evidence needed to build a personal injury case. We have the know-how to prove that the at-fault driver’s negligence caused an accident and you suffered damages as a result.
Types of Damages That Can Be Recovered
You can receive compensation for your losses, including:
- Medical bills
- Hospital bills
- Ambulance costs
- Lost wages
- Funeral expenses, if a loved one passed away due to the collision
- Pain and suffering
You Must File Your Claim or Lawsuit Within the Applicable Deadline
Every personal injury case has a state-imposed time limit. One or more of the following deadlines could apply to your situation:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) notes that you generally have four years to file your personal injury lawsuit.
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) explains that you generally have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
Understanding and complying with the statute of limitations is a critical part of your case. Non-compliance could cause you to inadvertently forfeit your right to recover damages.
Because many factors of the accident can affect your case’s filing deadline, it’s a good idea to consult with our legal team to understand your options. After evaluating your situation, we can explain how long you have to file your lawsuit and take action accordingly.
Additional Benefits of Getting Started Sooner Rather Than Later
Meeting the statute of limitations is just one time-sensitive aspect of your case. Conducting an investigation and gathering evidence are equally important since not all information will last forever.
To strengthen and support your case, we will:
- Locate and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh
- Canvass the parking lot for forensic evidence, such as skid marks
- Request security camera footage before it’s deleted
- Obtain a copy of the accident report
We offer a free case review so you can explore your compensation options and get to know our car accident team. Once we partner together, you can rest assured that we’ll fight for your case’s best possible outcome.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Do All the Hard Work of Building an Effective Case for Compensation
Building a parking lot accident case is time-consuming and can be overwhelming without support. Focus on getting better, and our law firm will do all of the following for you:
- Assess the financial value of your losses
- Document the at-fault driver’s negligence
- Compile, organize, and present evidence
- Communicate and correspond with the involved parties on your behalf
- Obtain and complete insurance claims forms
- Negotiate an appropriate financial settlement
Our car accident team will also represent you at trial if your case cannot be resolved out of court.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
Our law firm works hard to make sure our clients get the legal guidance and support they want. Our previous clients say:
- Erika C.: I hired Anidjar and Levine for a car accident case…These guys are amazing attorneys; they are the BEST!!! If I could give them 100 stars here, they would get that and more. Highly recommend this office. They got it done, thank you!!!!!!
- Baldo L.: I got into a car accident and contacted the law office of Anidjar & Levine. I can honestly say these guys don’t mess around…If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, I highly recommend Ron Vinogard from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Read additional reviews from satisfied car accident clients on our testimonials page and learn more about working with our client-centered law firm.
We Can Help You Get Compensation for Your Parking Lot Accident
The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you get full and fair compensation for the injuries you sustained after a parking lot accident.
To schedule a free legal consultation with our parking lot accident lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL, please call us today.