If someone runs a red light or goes through a stop sign without stopping and causes an accident, it is easy to believe they are at fault for the accident. Sometimes, however, brake failure can cause these accidents. When mechanical issues cause car accidents, other parties are potentially liable.
If you suffered injuries in an accident due to brake failure, you could recover compensation for your losses. A Fort Lauderdale brake failure car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping injury victims hold the person or entity accountable for causing the accident. After dealing with the trauma of a car accident, you deserve help from a compassionate legal team. You can call us today for a free consultation.
The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Can Investigate Your Fort Lauderdale Brake Failure Car Accident
We can get to work as soon as you call our firm. Our team can take the following steps for a favorable outcome for your case:
- Investigate the accident’s cause: The first step to determining liability is finding the accident’s cause. We can have professionals inspect the brakes and confirm whether they caused the accident.
- Determine liability: Our team can hire experts to inspect the brakes to determine why they failed. This step can help us to identify the liable party.
- Assess your case’s value: We can identify the damages you sustained in the brake failure accident in Fort Lauderdale. Our team can use this information to determine how much your case is worth. When negotiating with the opposing party, we can use this figure when approving or denying settlement offers.
- Negotiate a settlement: We can negotiate with opposing attorneys for a settlement agreement. During settlement negotiations, we can provide proof and supporting evidence to indicate why you deserve the compensation we seek. Our attorneys won’t rest until you receive a fair offer.
- Litigate: If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement agreement, we can go to court. Our team has litigated many similar cases and can present a solid case on your behalf. We will also meet the statute of limitations deadline outlined in Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
We provide free case evaluations so that you can learn more about how we can help you at no upfront costs or fees. When you choose the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can rest assured that our team can work tirelessly so you can move on with your life and not have to worry about financial issues.
For a free legal consultation with a brake failure accidents lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, 800-747-3733
We Will Fight For Your Compensation After A Brake Failure Accident In Fort Lauderdale
Our main goal in filing a personal injury claim is to recoup money for your monetary (economic) and non-monetary (non-economic) losses. These losses could cause financial ruin if you don’t take steps to recover them.
Economic damages are usually easier to quantify because they are actual monetary losses. There is a monetary value associated with this loss that you can prove by providing a receipt or another form of documentation. Economic damages include but are not limited to the following:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Future medical costs
- Income you lost while recovering from the accident (including future losses)
- Diminished earning capacity
- Other accident-related damages
Non-economic damages are often challenging to calculate. This is because they are subjective and don’t have a monetary value. Non-economic damages include but are not limited to the following
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
The damages you could recover depend on the losses you incurred. Our Fort Lauderdale car attorneys can build your case based on the evidence and request fair compensation. If you sustained a large monetary amount of damages, you could require a large settlement.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one to fatal injuries in a Fort Lauderdale brake failure car accident, our compassionate wrongful death attorneys can advise you on your next steps. You and your family may be able to recover damages, such as funeral and burial expenses and the decedent’s lost household income, with a wrongful death action. We can explain more about these actions work in Florida during a free consultation.
Florida allows two years from the decedent’s death date to sue for wrongful death losses, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). We will ensure we file your case by this deadline.
Fort LauderdaleBrake Failure Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Common Causes Of Brake Failure
Brakes can fail to work as intended for many reasons. Some of the most common reasons include the following:
- Worn-out brake pads: They won’t work as effectively when worn out. If someone needs to brake quickly and their brake pads are worn out, they could fail completely.
- Overheated brakes: When the brake rotors or pads get too hot, they won’t work properly. A reason for this is that the heat reduces the braking power.
- Low brake fluid: If the brake fluid is low because of a leak, the brakes won’t have enough liquid to transfer the force of the foot to the brake pads, telling the car it needs to stop.
If a car receives regular vehicle maintenance, it can help reduce these accidents.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Other Potential Liable Parties In A Brake Failure Accident
When brake failure causes an accident, other parties could be liable, including:
- The parts manufacturer
- The person or entity who sold the car
- A mechanic who recently fixed or serviced the car
Depending on what caused the brakes to fail, any of these people or entities could be responsible for the crash.
If the driver was negligent and didn’t keep up with their vehicle’s maintenance or knew there were issues with the brakes, they are still liable for the accident. When our Fort Lauderdale injury team investigates the accident, we will closely look at how the brakes failed to identify all liable parties.
Fort Lauderdale Brake Failure AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Call Us Today For Help From A Fort Lauderdale Brake Failure Car Accident Lawyer
When you’ve suffered injuries in an accident, you could deal with the ramifications for the rest of your life. Many car accident injuries can significantly change your life. You deserve to hold the liable party accountable if their negligent behavior harmed you. Our Fort Lauderdale brake failure car accident lawyers can help you by taking care of all the legal matters. In addition, we can handle all case communications on your behalf. We want you to worry about getting better while we take care of everything else.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free consultation. After the consultation, you will have your questions answered and know the next steps to take. When you work with us, we can even help you fix your car and arrange your scheduling. Call today to get started.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW