The best treatment for whiplash can consist of a variety of methods and applications. The severity of your injury will determine what course of treatment will be the most effective.
According to the Mayo Clinic, if you have whiplash, a variety of options may qualify as the best treatment for whiplash. As a result, you may benefit from :
- Application of a cervical collar
- Certain prescription medications
- Specific over-the-counter pain relievers
- Muscle relaxants
- Light exercise that does not aggravate the injury
- Physical therapy
Whiplash is caused by a sudden extension and flexion of the neck bones and muscles, usually resulting from a traumatic event. No matter how your injury was caused, you should speak with a medical professional to get a specific treatment plan that works for you. The best treatment for whiplash will greatly depend on your individual circumstances.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
Dangerous Driving Can Lead to Whiplash
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke notes that whiplash commonly occurs as the result of car accidents. This soft tissue injury is just one of the many injuries you can sustain as the result of a collision. While whiplash is not life-threatening, the recovery time can be extensive. The Cleveland Clinic remarks that anywhere from 12% to 50% of whiplash sufferers have lingering neck pain that can last for over a year.
When considering how you will be able to handle the costs relating to your injury, you may want to pursue compensation from the other party if they were responsible for your accident. You should not have to pay for medical expenses resulting from a collision that you did not cause.
Some motorist behaviors that can expose you to danger can include:
- Changing lanes without signaling, or doing so abruptly
- Driving at dusk or nighttime without adequate headlights on
- Failing to obey traffic signs and lights
- Moving into oncoming traffic without enough clearance
- Driving while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or fatigue
- Engaging in distracted driving
When you work with a personal injury lawyer, they can use their resources to determine which of these actions contributed to your crash.
Compensation May Cover the Cost of Your Damages After a Car Accident
Insurance may not be enough to cover the entirety of your losses after an accident. If you are suffering from other injuries besides whiplash, then you may need financial relief beyond what insurance covers.
Possible compensation from a successful personal injury claim may include coverage for:
- Medical expenses
- Income that you have lost because of the accident and resulting injuries
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional trauma
You may be able to pursue damages for other items that we have not listed here. Working with a legal professional can help you determine what your compensation may be able to cover.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers responsive legal care while you focus on getting better.
When you work with our legal team, some of the services that we can provide include:
- Helping you understand your legal rights
- Filing your case in court in a timely manner
- Collecting any evidence that could benefit your claim
- Handling communications with the other party’s lawyers
- Completing the necessary steps required to bring your case to a judgment or resolution
Depending on when your accident occurred, you may have a limited time to act. By working with our team, we can make the most of your window of action. We work on a contingency basis, meaning that we do not request any payment unless you accept a settlement. For more information, call 1-800-747-3733.