Any injury from a car accident can be devastating, but a head injury is particularly life-threatening. If you suffered a head injury in a car accident, you will need to have the finances available to cover your necessary medical treatment and support yourself while you recover. A Fort Lauderdale head injury car accident lawyer can assist you during this time. The Law Offices Anidjar & Levine are equipped to help you fight for the compensation you deserve from the at-fault party. During a free consultation, we will learn the facts of your case and discuss your legal options.
Your Fort Lauderdale Head Injury Case Is Our Priority
Your case is our priority. That’s why our attorneys are focused on providing personalized and responsive legal care. We know many injury victims are used to law firms that take their cases and then disappear for weeks or months on end. But real client service is about fighting for your compensation and including you in the process. We aim to take away from your stress, not add to it. To do this, our Fort Lauderdale personal injury law firm offers each client the following:
- Consistent updates on your case’s progression
- Answers to all your questions
- The direct phone number of your attorney
- A response to your calls and emails
- Assistance getting your car fixed and scheduling key appointments related to your case
Recover Compensation For Your Head Injury And Related Losses
We’ll help you fight for the financial recovery you need and deserve for the injuries you’ve endured. Injury victims are allowed to seek damages for economic and non-economic losses in the state of Florida. Your economic losses are the financial expenses you’ve incurred as a result of the car crash.
Non-economic losses are also called pain and suffering. They can be recovered in a severe head injury case. When it comes to pain and suffering, head injuries are generally awarded higher compensation due to the effect they can have on the brain.
A Fort Lauderdale head injury attorney can help you file a claim for:
- Surgical procedures
- Diagnostic tests like PET scans, MRIs, or X-rays
- Hospital stays and routine doctor’s visits
- Other medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Vocational therapy
- Mental health care
- Lost income
- Vehicle damage
- Travel costs for medical care or routine transportation
- Physical trauma
- Reduced quality of life
- Diminished enjoyment of activities
- Permanent disability
- Emotional distress
What Is A Head Injury?
“Head injuries” is a blanket term used to categorize trauma to the scalp, skull, brain, tissues, and blood vessels in the head. Head injuries are one of the most common causes of death and disability in adults, according to John Hopkins Medicine, particularly traumatic brain injury (TBI). Head injuries include a cut or bruise on the head, an open wound, brain bleeding, or a fractured skull.
Serious head injuries include:
- Concussion– A concussion is a mild form of brain injury which occurs when the brain is battered around the inside of the skull.
- Penetrating head or brain injury– When objects or shrapnel puncture the skin and pierce the skull, they can cause a penetrating wound. If the object enters the brain, a serious brain injury can occur.
- Severe TBI– Some traumatic brain injuries can result in a coma or extended period of unconsciousness and lead to severe cognitive and physical disability.
- Fractured skull– The impact of a car crash can result in a break in the skull bone. There are four types of skull fractures.
- Intracranial hematoma– An intracranial hematoma is a blood clot in or on the brain. It is usually characterized by its location.
A Fort Lauderdale head injury car accident lawyer on our team can assist you with your claim whether your head injuries were mild or severe. We are dedicated to ensuring you receive the maximum settlement for your injuries.
You Must Seek Medical Treatment For A Head Injury
Medical treatment is paramount to both your health and your car accident claim. It’s important to seek immediate medical attention after a car crash even if you feel fine afterward. The body releases adrenaline during heightened moments of fear or activity which can prevent you from feeling pain. Some injuries may not appear until later, but that doesn’t mean they are not present. Serious head injuries tend to worsen over time. If they are not treated quickly, they can be fatal.
Additionally, having documented medical proof of your injuries is vital to a car accident claim for a head injury. You’ll also want to make sure any other injuries are well-documented to receive adequate compensation.
Signs Of Traumatic Brain Injury
If you suffered any blow to the head in a collision, pay attention to the signs of a brain injury which include:
- Slurred speech or difficulty speaking
- Behavioral changes, such as irritability or erratic behavior
- Depression or anxiety
- Trouble walking or maintaining balance
- Reduced mobility
- Nausea or vomiting
- Insomnia or difficulty being aroused from sleep
Head Injuries May Lead To Permanent Disability
Some head injuries lead to permanent physical and mental disabilities or disorders. A doctor must properly diagnose your injuries. You may also require psychological care or help from a disability specialist. Because the impact of a head injury could be long-lasting or permanent, it’s imperative that your present and future medical expenses are covered along with pain and suffering. Having a dedicated Fort Lauderdale injury lawyer on your side can ensure you receive the appropriate compensation for such catastrophic and life-altering trauma.
Our Fort Lauderdale Head Injury Lawyers Will File Your Case Before The Legal Deadline
You generally have four years from the date of the accident to seek damages through the court. Don’t take the time for granted. You will need time to receive proper medical treatment, thoroughly investigate the car accident, gather key documentation, and prepare for trial. If your lawsuit is not filed before the deadline, the court may throw out your case. You may want to contact our law offices as soon as possible. Our head injury lawyers in Fort Lauderdale aim to work fast and efficiently to build your car accident case and get the money you need and deserve.
Call For A Free Consultation With A Fort Lauderdale Head Injury Lawyer Today
Don’t wait to call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. A Fort Lauderdale head injury car accident lawyer on our team is ready to take your case and fight you for the compensation that you need to receive the right medical treatment and recover without worry. Call us today for your free consultation.
We Can Help.