If a driver fled the scene of your accident in Lehigh Acres, they committed a negligent act. If the driver is caught, they may owe you significant compensation. If they are not, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may still be able to recover compensation for you.
A Lehigh Acres hit and run accident lawyer can review your case and determine if you should pursue compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit, and then handle either process from start to completion. To learn more, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accidents lawyer serving Lehigh Acres, call (800) 747-3733
Potential Insurance Coverage for Your Losses
Florida is a no-fault state when it comes to auto insurance. The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation explains that:
- Motorists in Florida are required to have at least $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage through their own policy.
- Your own insurance policy will cover your immediate losses regardless of who is at fault for your accident.
A Lehigh Acres hit and run accident lawyer may find that your own insurance policy covers your medical costs, lost wages, and other damages. Your policy may also include an optional form of coverage known as underinsured motorist coverage.
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), you may be able to secure compensation through this type of coverage if:
- Your policy contains this sort of coverage.
- The hit and run driver is not located.
- The hit and run driver is located but does not have insurance to cover your losses.
If the hit and run driver is located and has auto insurance, then you may be able to file a liability claim to cover losses beyond your own coverage limits.
We Can Help You Manage the Insurance Process
Whether you file a claim with your own insurance company, the at-fault driver’s company, or both, a Lehigh Acres hit and run accident lawyer can handle every required step. This may include:
- Protecting you from making self-damaging statements to insurance companies
- Handling all insurance-related communications
- Reviewing any written statements you must make before submitting them
- Reviewing all relevant policies
- Filing your claim, supporting documentation, and any other necessary paperwork
- Negotiating for fair compensation on your behalf
Most insurance companies are not on your side and are more concerned about their bottom line, which means they want to pay as little as possible in claims. Our team can help protect you from any insurance company that encourages you to accept an unfair settlement.
If the authorities identify the hit and run driver, we may sue them. We may also sue any other parties who are liable for the actions of that driver.
Our Lehigh Acres hit and run accident lawyer can explain the pros and cons of each legal option. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case evaluation.
Lehigh Acres Hit and Run Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Suing an Apprehended Hit-and-Run Driver
Florida § 316.062 requires all motorists who are involved in an accident to remain at the scene. They must also:
- Present their license to a police officer upon request
- Provide their vehicle’s registration number
- Provide “reasonable assistance” to others involved in the accident
A driver who fled the scene of your accident did none of these things. If authorities locate them, they may face criminal charges. You may also be able to hold them liable through a civil lawsuit.
Potential Losses You May Recover
You may be able to recover the compensation you deserve without having to go to court. The American Bar Association confirms that settlements are more common than lawsuits. Working with a Lehigh Acres hit and run accident lawyer from our firm, you may be able to obtain a settlement without ever filing your lawsuit.
Our team can pursue a fair settlement that fully compensates you for your losses. These losses may include:
- Emergency transportation to a medical facility
- Emergency treatment at a medical facility
- Tests and imaging to diagnose your injuries
- Physical therapy
- Psychological therapy
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
If you have any other losses from your accident, we can pursue coverage for those as well from all liable parties. Along with the at-fault driver, liable parties may include:
- An employer
- A government entity that allowed dangerous road conditions
- A vehicle manufacturer
- A vehicle component manufacturer
- An automotive repair professional
Every accident is unique, so our team can thoroughly review your case to determine all parties who may owe you for losses.
A Hit and Run Driver Put Your Life at Risk
Fleeing the scene of an accident is a negligent act. A negligent act is one that departs from a reasonable standard of behavior. Negligence could be the basis for you to receive financial awards through a lawsuit.
Leaving the scene of your accident is typically considered to be unreasonable because:
- The driver did not check if you were injured.
- The driver (presumably) did not call 911 to request medical or police assistance, putting you at further risk.
- It is against the law.
- It is a deliberate attempt to avoid responsibility for the accident, and possibly other forms of wrongdoing.
We Can Handle Every Aspect of Your Case
With a lawyer on your side, you can focus your time and energy on getting better. We can take care of everything else, whether your case involves an insurance claim, lawsuit, or both. If we need a statement or another type of assistance from you, we will try to make your participation as convenient as possible. It is our goal to provide the responsive legal care that you deserve.
A Lehigh Acres hit and run accident lawyer with our firm can help ensure that your case reaches the finish line, and you secure the compensation that you deserve. To get started, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.