Being the victim of a hit and run car accident can be scary and confusing. Not only are you left to deal with the injuries sustained from the accident, but the responsible party fled the scene, leaving you wondering who to hold liable for your damages.
Fortunately, you may have options to get compensation for your damages, even if the other driver left the scene. If you or a loved one was injured in a hit and run accident, call a hit and run accident and injury lawyer in West Palm Beach at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine: 1-800-747-3733.
- Options for Compensation After a West Palm Beach Hit and Run Accident
- How Our Attorneys Assist With Your Hit and Run Accident Case
- Seeking Justice After a Driver Flees the Scene of a West Palm Beach Accident
- Florida Civil Duty Regarding Accidents
- See How a Hit and Run Accident and Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach Can Help You Today
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accidents lawyer serving West Palm Beach, call (800) 747-3733
Options for Compensation After a West Palm Beach Hit and Run Accident
Even if the driver of the vehicle that hit you cannot be identified, most insurances still cover some of the damages under your personal injury protection (PIP) policy. In addition, your insurance may cover an uninsured motorist, which is often regarded similarly to a hit and run driver.
You can speak with a hit and run and injury lawyer at our firm to help you pursue compensation.
West Palm Beach Hit and Run Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How Our Attorneys Assist With Your Hit and Run Accident Case
When you enlist our team, we:
Conduct a Complimentary Case Evaluation
Our attorneys are ready to speak with you and to evaluate the specific details of your hit and run accident and injury case. This case evaluation is also a great time for you to get to know our attorneys and to ask any questions you might have about the legal process.
Investigate Your Hit and Run
Although we might not be able to identify the responsible party involved in your hit and run injury case, we will assist with the investigative process in every way possible. We will work with local authorities and the media to identify the culprit. We are also cognizant that timeliness is important in hit and run accident cases.
We will assist the process in the following ways:
- Dispatch our own investigative team to the scene of the crime.
- Search for local and private video footage.
- Interview/question local residents and witnesses.
- Investigate witness reports for additional information.
Calculate Your Injury Damages
There are many factors to consider when calculating the damages sustained from a hit and run accident. Our attorneys will evaluate the specific details of your case to come up with a fair and accurate calculation of the damages sustained.
We will compile all necessary documents including police reports, insurance reports, criminal records, or witness statements.
Seeking Justice After a Driver Flees the Scene of a West Palm Beach Accident
Hit and run cases are often much more severe than a traditional auto accident. Florida drivers have a legal responsibility to remain at the scene of an accident. Leaving the scene can result in state department fines, an increase in auto insurance rates, civil lawsuits, felony penalties, and financial penalties.
Legal Steps to Take Following a Hit and Run
If authorities identify the responsible party, we will take the appropriate actions to ensure fair legal recourse. The legal consequences liable will depend on the damages that occurred including injury, death, and property damages.
A driver that leaves the scene of an accident in Florida may be subject to the following legal consequences:
- Misdemeanor charges
- Up to 30 years in prison
- A maximum of $10,000 fine
- Felony charges
- A revoked driver’s license
- Points on their driver’s license
The specific legal charges that follow a hit and run case will depend on if the responsible party is identified. If you are the responsible party and made the mistake of leaving the scene of an accident, it is important to work with an attorney on understanding your legal rights.
Proving Fault in a Hit and Run Injury Case
Our attorneys will collect the necessary proof to determine fault in a hit and run injury case. Necessary proof is required to establish that a potential person was involved in the hit and run case. Evidence used to establish fault include the following requirements:
- Proof that the person was the driver involved in the accident
- Proof that the person was aware they were involved in an accident
- Proof that the person was aware that they caused damage or injury to another person
- Proof that the person actively decided to leave the scene of the accident and did not provide reasonable assistance to the injured party
Our attorneys are prepared to evaluate the details of your legal case. We are prepared to take every case to trial, but we are also prepared to accept a fair compensatory offer for the damages suffered from the hit and run case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Florida Civil Duty Regarding Accidents
- Stay at the scene of a crime.
- Provide the other involved party with important information including legal name, address, vehicle registration, and insurance information.
- Notify the local authorities, and file a police report when necessary.
- Make a realistic effort in aiding required medical assistance, which includes helping or making arrangements for a person to get to a hospital.
If a person fails to do any of the above, the person committed a third-degree felony under §316.027.
See How a Hit and Run Accident and Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach Can Help You Today
Hit and run accidents can occur on Florida’s busy roads. Whether you were injured riding your bike while enjoying the warm Florida sunshine or your vehicle was damaged from an auto accident, you might be subject to compensation. There also might be legal charges involved if the responsible party left the scene of the accident.
Our hit and run accident and injury lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL are prepared to evaluate and investigate the specific details of your injury. They can gather evidence and help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
To speak with one of our attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine dial 1-800-747-3733.