Being the victim of a hit and run car accident can be scary and confusing. Not only are you left to deal with the injuries sustained from the accident, but the responsible party fled the scene, leaving you wondering who to hold liable for your damages.
Fortunately, you may have options to get compensation for your damages, even if the other driver left the scene. If you or a loved one was injured in a hit and run accident, call a West Palm Beach hit and run accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Options for Compensation After a West Palm Beach Hit and Run Accident
Even if the driver of the vehicle that hit you cannot be identified, most insurances still cover some of the damages under your personal injury protection (PIP) policy. In addition, your insurance may cover an uninsured motorist, which is often regarded similarly to a hit and run driver.
It makes sense to seek compensation from your own insurance policy’s uninsured motorist coverage because, after the at-fault driver flees the scene, there is no insured motorist around on whose auto policy you can make a claim. Also, many people illegally leave the scene of a crash because they do not have auto insurance. You can speak with a hit and run and injury lawyer at our firm to help you pursue compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accidents lawyer serving West Palm Beach, 800-747-3733
How Our Attorneys Assist With Your Hit and Run Accident Case
When you enlist our team, we:
Conduct a Complimentary Case Evaluation
Our attorneys are ready to speak with you and evaluate the specific details of your hit and run accident and injury case. This case evaluation is also a great time for you to get to know our attorneys and ask any questions about the legal process.
Investigate Your Hit and Run
Although we might not be able to identify the responsible party involved in your hit and run injury case, we will assist with the investigative process in every way possible. We will work with local authorities and the media to identify the culprit. We are also cognizant that timeliness is important in hit and run accident cases.
We will assist the process in the following ways:
- Dispatch our own investigative team to the scene of the crime.
- Search for local and private video footage.
- Interview/question local residents and witnesses.
- Investigate witness reports for additional information.
Calculate Your Injury Damages
There are many factors to consider when calculating the damages sustained from a hit and run accident. Our attorneys will evaluate the specific details of your case to come up with a fair and accurate calculation of the damages sustained.
We will compile all necessary documents, including police reports, insurance reports, criminal records, or witness statements.
West Palm BeachHit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Read Our Reviews
You do not have to take our word about the way we treat our clients. Here is a couple of 5 out of 5 possible stars reviews on our website:
- “Rear-ended in February, 2017. From literally the day after the accident I have been in the extremely capable hands of this law firm. The medical providers I was sent to were top notch, and everyone involved with handling my case (Mark, Jonathan, and Sasha) did an excellent job as well. A year later and my case is wrapping up with a result that I am more than satisfied with. Their reputation is well deserved. Thanks guys!” – Rudy D.
- “Jonathan at Andijar and Levine was very helpful. He kept us informed and comfortable that he was doing everything that he could to get us the most for our settlement. Thank you Andijar and Levine.” – Joe H.
Who knows? Perhaps one day you will post your own five-star review after we handle your case.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Seeking Justice After a Driver Flees the Scene of a West Palm Beach Accident
Hit and run cases are often much more severe than a traditional auto accident. Florida drivers have a legal responsibility to remain at the scene of an accident. Leaving the scene can result in state department fines, increased auto insurance rates, civil lawsuits, felony penalties, and financial penalties.
Legal Steps to Take Following a Hit and Run
If authorities identify the responsible party, we will take the appropriate actions to ensure fair legal recourse. The legal consequences will depend on the damages that occurred, including injury, death, and property damages.
A driver that leaves the scene of an accident in Florida may be subject to the following legal consequences:
- Misdemeanor charges
- Up to 30 years in prison
- A maximum of $10,000 fine
- Felony charges
- A revoked driver’s license
- Points on their driver’s license
The specific legal charges that follow a hit and run case will depend on if the responsible party is identified. If you are the responsible party and made the mistake of leaving the scene of an accident, it is important to work with an attorney to understand your legal rights.
Proving Fault in a Hit and Run Injury Case
Our attorneys will collect the necessary proof to determine fault in a hit and run injury case. Necessary proof is required to establish that a potential person was involved in the hit and run case. Evidence used to establish fault includes the following requirements:
- Proof that the person was the driver involved in the accident
- Proof that the person was aware they were involved in an accident
- Proof that the person was aware that they caused damage or injury to another person
- Proof that the person actively decided to leave the scene of the accident and did not provide reasonable assistance to the injured party
Our attorneys are prepared to evaluate the details of your legal case. We are prepared to take every case to trial, but we are also prepared to accept a fair compensatory offer for the damages suffered from the hit and run case.
West Palm Beach Hit and Run AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Florida Civil Duty Regarding Accidents
- Stay at the scene of a crime.
- Provide the other involved party with important information, including legal name, address, vehicle registration, and insurance information.
- Notify the local authorities, and file a police report when necessary.
- Make a realistic effort in aiding required medical assistance, which includes helping or making arrangements for a person to get to a hospital.
If a person fails to do any of the above, the person committed a third-degree felony under §316.027.
How to Increase the Chances of the Hit and Run Driver Getting Caught
Many hit and run drivers feel remorse afterward or wait until they sober up, if fear of getting a DUI motivated the driver to flee the scene, and then turn themselves in to the police. However, there is no way to know if the hit and run driver will take responsibility for their actions.
Here are a few tips that could increase the likelihood of law enforcement catching a hit and run driver:
- Immediately try to identify the make and model, like a Toyota Camry, of the vehicle that sped away illegally.
- Note whether the car was old or new, and clean or dirty.
- Notice the direction the car went and the name of the street.
- Tiny details can be critical in catching hit and run drivers. Something as seemingly unimportant as a dent, a rust spot, a bumper sticker, or a missing hubcap could be the piece that solves the puzzle for the investigators.
- Try to see the license plate number of the fleeing car. Even a partial license plate can be useful to law enforcement.
- Finally, try to get a good look at the driver. Again, any detail could help the investigators. The hit and run driver might try to change their appearance afterward, but sometimes, fresh changes like newly dyed hair could add to the circumstantial evidence.
- Write down all details right away. Our memory can play tricks on us. In very little time, we can forget information or remember it inaccurately.
- Call 911 immediately, even if there were no apparent injuries. Every second counts when trying to catch a person fleeing in a motor vehicle. Injuries might show up after the at-fault driver is long gone.
These suggestions could help whether you were involved in a hit and run accident or merely witnessed one.
See How a Hit and Run Accident and Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach Can Help You Today
Hit and run accidents can occur on Florida’s busy roads. You might be subject to compensation, whether you were injured riding your bike while enjoying the warm Florida sunshine or your vehicle was damaged from an auto accident. There also might be legal charges involved if the responsible party left the scene of the accident.
Our hit and run accident and injury lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL are prepared to evaluate and investigate the specific details of your injury. They can gather evidence and help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
To speak with one of our attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, contact us.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW