Did you suffer injuries in a hit and run collision on Minton Road, Malabar Road, Babcock Street, or another roadway in Palm Bay? If so, you can seek compensation for medical bills and more. A Palm Bay hit and run accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you recover damages, even if law enforcement never catches the driver who fled the scene.
Nearly One-Fourth of All Florida Crashes Involve Hit and Run Drivers
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), about 25 percent of all crashes in the state are hit and runs. This figure remains steady year after year, despite the adoption of stricter penalties for fleeing the scene in 2014 under the Aaron Cohen Life Protection Act (Florida Statutes § 316.027)
Palm Bay is the most populated city in Brevard County, and the FLHSMV Crash Dashboard reports 2,296 hit and run accidents countywide in 2021. These accidents resulted in 503 injuries and six deaths.
Our attorneys can assist you if you or a loved one were victims of a hit and run. Our firm has experience investigating and pursuing compensation in car accident cases involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Sideswipe or “T-bone” collisions
- Hit and runs caused by an intoxicated driver
- Collisions at intersections
- Parked car damage
- Construction zone accidents
- Hit and runs involving a truck or motorcycle
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accidents lawyer serving Palm Bay, 800-747-3733
You Can Turn to Your Insurance Provider for Hit and Run Compensation
It is impossible to seek compensation from a liable driver if you never locate that driver. However, you can pursue a settlement for medical care through your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. Because PIP pays for accident-related treatment regardless of fault, it applies to injuries sustained during hit and runs.
Florida law requires that motorists carry at least $10,000 in PIP coverage. If you suffer injuries during an accident, your insurer pays 80 percent of necessary medical expenses as long as you see a healthcare provider within 14 days of the collision, according to Florida Statutes § 627.736(a).
If you carry underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage, collision coverage, or comprehensive coverage, you could also claim under these policies. Our attorneys can review your insurance documents and tell you more about your compensation options.
We Can Help You Negotiate a Fair Settlement
Filling out paperwork and filing insurance claims can seem overwhelming, especially while recovering from hit and run accident injuries. Furthermore, insurance companies—even yours—want to pay out as little as possible to increase their profits. Therefore, it can help to have an attorney on your side who is familiar with the claims process and can advocate for you. Our Palm Bay hit and run accident lawyers will:
- Collect documents to support your claims, including proof of medical expenses and vehicle damage
- File your claim under the appropriate policy
- Track and manage deadlines
- Respond to phone calls and emails from the insurance company
- Aggressively negotiate for the most beneficial settlement possible
- Take legal action against the insurance company if necessary
Palm BayHit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Pursuing Compensation from a Liable Party
If law enforcement apprehends the driver who fled the scene, you could pursue compensation from them via an insurance claim or lawsuit. Your options for seeking awards may include:
- A property damage liability (PDL) claim: Florida mandates that drivers have at least $10,000 in PDL insurance to pay for damages they cause. We can file a claim under the liable driver’s policy to recover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle.
- A bodily injury liability (BIL) claim: Florida does not require that drivers carry BIL, although many motorists have optional policies. You could recover the cost of your medical care with a claim against the at-fault driver’s policy.
- A personal injury lawsuit: If you have severe injuries and your medical expenses exceed your PIP coverage, you can step outside Florida’s no-fault insurance system and pursue compensation with a personal injury lawsuit. This option allows you to seek compensation for lost income, pain and suffering, and various accident-related expenses in addition to medical costs and property damages.
- A wrongful death lawsuit: If your loved one sustained a fatal injury because of a hit and run driver, we could seek compensation for their wrongful death. The deceased’s personal representative (executor) can file suit on behalf of surviving family members and your loved one’s estate. Awards may include medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, your loved one’s future lost income, and loss of their support and companionship.
If you seek compensation with a lawsuit or liability claim, you must show the driver who caused your injuries and resulting losses behaved negligently. For example, the hit and run driver may have fled because they drove under the influence of alcohol or were driving without a license. Our team can collect evidence proving liability, including:
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Cellphone or surveillance video
- Data from the crash site
- Crash reconstruction expert opinions
- Testimony from medical professionals and other relevant experts
When taking legal action, you must keep the statute of limitations in mind. Florida Statutes § 95.11 allows four years to file a personal injury case and two years to claim for wrongful death. So, make sure you get started on your case before time runs out.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Handles Hit and Run Accident Claims in Palm Bay
Hit and run accident cases can be complicated. Fortunately, you do not have to untangle your legal issues alone. For more than 15 years, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has helped clients across Florida get the compensation they need and deserve for their car accident injuries.
We will go the extra mile to deliver quality representation, no matter your current financial resources. For instance, we help injury victims seek justice with no upfront costs or fees. If we do not secure an award for you, you owe us nothing. In addition, any payment we receive comes from your successful settlement or verdict. To learn more, call our offices today for a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW