Hit and run crashes can leave victims wondering where to turn for assistance with their financial damages. If you suffered injuries because of a hit and run driver on Atlantic Boulevard, Dixie Highway, or elsewhere in Pompano Beach, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help.
Our Pompano Beach hit and run accident lawyers can assist you with filing insurance claims or taking legal action to recover your medical expenses and other losses, even if the police never locate the driver who caused your collision.
Hit and Run Injuries in Broward County
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), nearly 3,400 hit and run accidents happened so far in Broward County in 2022. These collisions resulted in 650 reported injuries and eight fatalities. If you or a loved one live in Pompano Beach, our attorneys can help you seek compensation for car accident injuries, including:
- Arm and leg injuries, including loss of a limb
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Neck, back, and shoulder injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones
- Severe cuts and bruising
- Loss of sight, hearing, or vision
- Brain injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
We Handle Personal Injury Protection Claims
Florida follows a no-fault insurance model and requires that drivers carry a minimum of $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to pay for medical treatment resulting from a collision. According to Florida Statutes § 627.736, PIP pays for 80 percent of necessary medical expenses as long as you seek treatment within 14 days of the accident.
PIP applies no matter who is at fault for the crash, so you can file a claim for injuries caused by a hit and run driver. However, even your own insurance provider will not hand you a check for damages without proof of your injuries and expenses. Our attorneys can file your PIP claim and fight for adequate compensation for your injuries. We will:
- Calculate your current medical expenses
- Consult with your doctor (with permission) and other experts to obtain an estimate for your future medical care
- Obtain bills, receipts, and further proof of expenses
- Handle communications with the insurance company
- Negotiate for the maximum settlement available to you
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Protection
We may be able to help you seek compensation through other insurance policies you hold. For example, uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage usually pays for accidents caused by hit and run drivers. While PIP only provides medical payments, a UM policy may pay for property damages and other expenses.
Our lawyers can review your insurance agreements to determine if you qualify for a UM/UIM claim or a claim against your collision or comprehensive coverage (if applicable).
We Assist With Liability Claims and Legal Action
Though some carry optional coverage, Florida drivers do not have to have bodily injury liability (BIL) insurance. However, the state does require a minimum of $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL). If law enforcement locates the hit and run driver, our attorneys can assist with claims against their PDL or BIL if you sustained a severe injury that exceeds your PIP.
We can also take legal action against the driver or an insurance company not acting in good faith. Our team will:
- Obtain hit and run accident evidence, including police reports, surveillance footage, eyewitness testimony, and data from the scene
- Build a case proving you are not at fault for your injuries or damages
- Identify and value your losses
- File your claims, communicate on your behalf, and fight for you during negotiations
- Represent you during a lawsuit if necessary
If you must take legal action, you have four years to sue for personal injury, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. If your loved one suffered a fatal hit-and-run accident injury, the statute allows two years to sue for wrongful death.
Pompano Beach Hit and Run Accident Compensation
In general, car accident compensation falls into two categories:
Economic damages encompass your actual past and future accident-related expenses, including:
- Transportation by ambulance
- Emergency room treatment
- Doctor visits
- Hospital stays
- Medical procedures
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Nursing services
- Medications and medical equipment
- Lost wages
- Loss of future income
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Rental car or transportation fees
- Household services
- Medically necessary home renovations
If you have severe injuries, you may qualify for non-economic damages. Also known as damages for pain and suffering, these awards provide monetary compensation for the ways your accident and injuries reduce your quality of life. You may receive non-economic damages for:
- Loss of a limb, body part, or bodily function
- Loss of mobility
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Physical pain
- Depression, stress, and anxiety
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If your loved one sustained a fatal hit and run accident injury, their personal representative (executor) can pursue economic and non-economic damages on behalf of their estate and surviving family members. Wrongful death damages may include medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, lost income, and loss of the deceased’s love, companionship, and guidance.
About The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
For more than 15 years, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has provided clients across Florida with responsive legal care. When you work with us, we treat you with respect and give your case the attention it deserves. Our team will:
- Help you get your vehicle repaired
- Schedule your medical appointments
- Give you your lawyer’s phone number
- Promptly return your phone calls and emails
- Answer your questions
- Send you frequent case updates
Additionally, we do not charge upfront for our services. Instead, we collect a one-time fee based on a percentage of your settlement or verdict. If we do not win your case, we do not get paid. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.
Call Our Offices for a Free Consultation About Your Hit and Run Accident Case
We can get you started down the road to financial recovery today. Call our offices for a free consultation. A member of our team can tell you more about our services and connect you with a Pompano Beach hit and run accident lawyer.
We Can Help.