Statistics provided by the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) 2018 crash facts tells us that the state of Florida had 403,626 car accidents. Following a Florida car accident, you must seek immediate medical care, file a police report, and contact your insurance company. Your next step should be contacting a Lehigh Acres car accident lawyer for assistance and legal representation. Contact the car accident team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 to discuss the circumstances of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Lehigh Acres, call (800) 747-3733
Common Causes for Lehigh Acres Car Accidents
Car accidents cost victims several consequences, including loss of earnings, permanent injuries, and more. Some of the top causes for Lehigh Acres car accidents include:
- Distracted driving, such as the prohibition of operating a wireless device under Florida Statute §316.305
- Driving while under the influence, Florida Statute §316.193
- Inclement weather: The U.S. Department of Transportation teaches us that weather events impact roads, like fog, pavement condition, pavement temperature, precipitation, and wind speed. Their statistics reveal that, over a 10-year timeframe, weather accounted for 1,235,145 car accidents in the United States.
Lehigh Acres Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Recoverable Damages in a Lehigh Acres Car Accident Case
Recoverable damages during a personal injury lawsuit include economic and non-economic compensation. Examples of recoverable economic damages include:
- The cost for household services the victim can no longer perform
- Future economic losses, including income loss, surgery costs, and long-term medical treatment or care
- Current income loss
- Medical expenses, including devices and equipment
- Vehicle repair
- Transportation costs for therapy or doctor’s appointments
According to Florida Statute §627.737, victims can receive non-economic damages for a car accident if their injuries include some level of:
- The loss of a bodily function
- A permanent injury other than a disfigurement or scarring
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
Florida Time Limits for Filing Car Accident Actions
Florida’s statute of limitations sets a deadline to file a lawsuit for those involved in a car accident, which is a personal injury lawsuit. This deadline, though, varies based on a number of factors related to the lawsuit brought forth. The important point to remember is if you fail to file within before that deadline, you could be barred from collecting damages through a court case. Your Lehigh Acres car accident lawyer can discuss these deadlines with you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Turn to the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for Help Recovering Your Compensation
Determining who is at fault following a car accident lawsuit requires a thorough examination of reports, state laws, and witness testimony. Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine understands what it takes to prove car accidents. Lehigh Acres car accident lawyers are available to handle your case now. However, you must act as soon as possible. Because evidence can disappear, we must obtain and secure it while it is still accessible. Give us a call today at 1-800-747-3733.
If your loved one is the victim of a car accident, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is available to help. Let us protect your rights by handling your case and pursuing the compensation you and your family are entitled to receive. Contact our team right away at 1-800-747-3733, so we can review your case for free today.