If you were bicycling in Naples when a driver hit and injured you, you can seek financial compensation from them. A bicycle accident lawyer can identify the responsible party and determine how their negligence contributed to your injury.
They may have been under the influence of alcohol or another substance, texting, or distracted by something else. We will fight to hold them accountable for their wrongdoing and secure damages. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers responsive legal care. We’re ready to hear from you now.
Establishing the Motorist’s Negligence in Your Naples Bicycle Accident
To have a successful personal injury claim or lawsuit, you must prove the four elements of negligence:
Duty of Care
The driver owed you a duty of care, which was to drive safely and avoid engaging in distracted driving behaviors.
Breach of Duty
The driver neglected to drive responsibly.
You suffered injuries as a result of the driver’s failure to meet the standard of care they owed you.
You suffered damages due to your injuries, such as medical expenses, property damage, and pain and suffering. A monetary award from the negligent party can mitigate the financial burden.
Proving the four tenets of negligence in your personal injury claim or lawsuit can be tricky to do on your own, but you can seek legal representation to help you.
You deserve justice and fair compensation if a negligent driver hit you, and we want to help with gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, filing your claim and/or lawsuit, and more. We will manage every aspect of your case while you worry about getting better; you have dealt with enough by being in a preventable accident.
A Naples Bicycle Accident Lawyer’s Help May Benefit You
Having a lawyer in your corner can help in a number of ways. Your recovery is a priority right now, and if you do not have a legal professional handling your case, you could be neglecting your health. You may even be worsening your condition by adding more stress to your life by making back-and-forth phone calls with the insurance provider, your doctor, and witnesses.
Many people worry that they are unable to afford a lawyer, but with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you do not have to worry about paying out-of-pocket attorney’s fees. Our lawyers handle every case on a contingency-fee basis. You pay us nothing upfront. We only get paid once you are awarded compensation. Our fees come from the settlement or court award we secure for you.
How We Can Help You
We will do all the heavy lifting your case requires, including:
- Obtaining evidence, including photos and videos of your injuries, as well as traffic camera footage
- Speaking with your doctor and collecting your official medical records and bills
- Valuating your losses
- Communicating with insurance companies and negotiating for a fair settlement with the claims adjuster
- Taking your case to court if the insurance adjuster does not agree to settle fairly
- Communicating with the defendant and their lawyer if we litigate your case
- Hiring an accident reconstruction specialist and medical expert if necessary
- Interviewing witnesses (if there were any) for information about the accident
- Obtaining breathalyzer results if the motorist who hit you was driving while drunk
You should only have to work on recuperating at this time. Allow a lawyer to handle the entirety of your case at no upfront cost to you.
We proudly advocate for injured claimants and will keep you informed as your case progresses.
Florida’s Statutes of Limitations
In the state of Florida, you typically have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). If a family member passed away in a bicycle accident, you generally have two years, as Florida Statute § 95.11(4)(d) states.
In a wrongful death lawsuit, you may be able to recover damages like funeral and burial costs, loss of your family member’s financial support, loss of companionship and guidance, and more.
The amount of time you have to take legal action seems long, but it is important to get started as soon as possible. It can take time to build a solid case. You do not want evidence to vanish or lose contact with witnesses who can provide critical information.
Do not wait. Allow one of our lawyers to get the ball rolling and fight to secure the financial recovery you deserve.
Seeking Economic and Non-Economic Damages After Your Bicycle Accident
You may be eligible to receive compensation for a plethora of damages after an avoidable bicycle accident in Naples. The following are common damages in personal injury cases:
- The cost of an ambulance
- Surgical procedures
- Prescription medications
- Follow-up visits to the doctor
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost wages from missing work
- Diminished earning capacity (if you can no longer work the same job after the accident)
- Your vehicle’s repair or replacement costs
- Household services
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Ongoing lifecare costs
Your bicycle accident lawyer will calculate your damages and determine the amount of compensation you are owed.
Our Law Firm Is Passionate About Providing Personalized Legal Support
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we treat you like an individual–– not a case file. The legal care and support you receive from us will be personalized to fit your specific needs. We don’t believe in “one-size-fits-all” legal approaches.
With our team on your side, you can rest assured that you get:
- Your attorney’’s phone number
- Frequent and ongoing updates on your case
- Answers to all your questions and concerns
- Timely responses to your calls and emails
Every aspect of your case is important to our bicycle accident team. We work hard to deliver 360-degree client support, including help scheduling medical appointments and getting your bicycle repaired or replaced.
Bicycle Laws in Naples: What You Need to Know
Bicyclists have many of the same rights and protections as other road users. For instance, in some situations, bicyclists always have the right-of-way. In others, bicyclists can share the road with cars as long as they maintain a safe distance.
- Drivers are required to give bicyclists three feet of clearance.
- Drivers must yield the right-of-way to the bicyclist when turning.
- Drivers must turn behind (not in front of) bicyclists.
These actions are legally required of all drivers. Additional recommendations include avoiding the use of high beams when bicyclists approach and being extra cautious when opening doors to avoid injuring approaching bicyclists.
Our law firm will help you seek damages from a motorist who disregarded these laws and caused your accident-related injuries.
Commonly Reported Bicycle Accident Injuries
When bicycles and vehicles collide, the bicyclist is more likely to sustain serious, even life-threatening injuries than the motor vehicle’s occupants. In fact, according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics from 2019, 846 bicyclists lost their lives in traffic collisions.
Injuries seen in the aftermath of bicycle accidents include:
- Head and neck injuries
- Bone breaks and fractures
- Road rash, cuts, and bruises
- Missing or broken teeth
- Lasting or permanent scars
These injuries can lead to temporary or permanent disabilities and disfigurement. They can also involve lengthy recovery times. Our personal injury team will collect medical records, prognosis reports, and other evidence that proves what you need to afford treatment.
What Our Clients Have to Say About Our Services
Still not sure about partnering with our firm? Look at some of our client reviews:
- “Jonathan at Anidjar and Levine was very helpful. He kept us informed and comfortable that he was doing everything that he could to get us the most for our settlement. Thank you Anidjar and Levine.” – Joe H.
- “Anidjar & Levine is a great law firm. They gave us a free consultation over the phone and we were able to resolve our case easily. Evans was most friendly, honest and sincere with our case and I would highly recommend this law firm to those struggling with finding the right law firm. Keep up the good work guys!” – Kharmen W.
- “I had such an amazing experience here! Jonathan Holtz was my attorney and I could not have asked for a better person to take my case. He was very responsive and did a great job of keeping me informed! I would highly recommend letting them be your attorney.” – Sarah A.
Our Law Firm and Team Members Proudly Support Our Community
Supporting our community by giving back is important to us. By offering time, participation, and monetary contributions, we support the following community organizations:
- The Broward Sheriff’s Foundation
- Family Fun Day
- The Children’s Science Museum
- The Dolphins Cancer Challenge (founded by the Miami Dolphins)
- Jewish Federation
- Kids in Distress
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
We work hard to make Florida safer place to live for everyone. That includes playing an important role in giving back to the community we call home. Learn more by browsing our Giving Back page.
Get a Free Case Review with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
A Naples bicycle accident lawyer from our firm is eager to resolve your case at no out-of-pocket cost to you. You should not have to pay for your medical expenses and other damages when someone else is the reason for them. We are committed to getting personal injury victims the restitution they are owed.
You have suffered enough by being involved in an accident caused by another party’s negligence. We want to take care of everything for you while you get better. Call today to talk about your bicycle accident with us. We can inform you of your legal rights and options.
We Can Help.