Pedestrian accidents can leave victims with devastating injuries and cost thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost wages, and more. If you were the victim of a pedestrian accident caused by a careless or negligent motorist, Florida law gives you the right to pursue compensation to cover your accident-related expenses and losses.
A Naples pedestrian accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will review your case at no cost to you and fight to recover the damages you need and deserve.
Making Our Naples Clients’ Needs a Priority
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we want to help each of our clients get their lives back to normal. In doing so, we strive to get them the best possible financial outcomes.
Former clients can attest to these goals.
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case…” – Jos I.
- “What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine. Everyone I dealt with was great. Special thanks to Jonathan Holtz.” – Charles L.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Naples, 800-747-3733
We Take Cases on a No-Win, No-Fee Basis
When you call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, a member of our Naples team will review your case today for free.
In addition, we will:
- Absorb the costs of consulting with experts
- Pay all court, filing, and documentation fees
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Because we work on a contingency-fee basis, we take on pedestrian accident cases at no out-of-pocket cost to our clients. You only pay attorney’s fees if and when your lawyer recovers damages for you and your family. We will agree on the percentage we take when we meet.
NaplesPedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Ways We Can Assist You Throughout Your Pedestrian Accident Case
Dealing with pedestrian accident injuries takes up a lot of time and energy, so you shouldn’t be burdened with handling the legal process on your own. Allow our Naples personal injury lawyers to take charge of the process so you can totally concentrate on recovering.
- Provide you with your lawyer’s personal cell phone number
- Help schedule your appointments
- Collect photos of the accident scene
- Gather imaging scans of your injuries
- Review traffic camera footage
- Prove the liable party’s negligence
- Take over all communications with the other party’s insurer and legal team
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurer
- Comply with Florida-mandated deadlines
- Argue your case in court, if necessary
Our team will provide the responsive legal care necessary to recover a payout on your behalf and go the extra mile to ensure all your questions get answered.
We Will Uphold Your Rights as a Pedestrian in Naples, FL
Florida has one of the highest pedestrian accident fatalities in the nation. As such, the state has implemented various laws to protect pedestrians from other road users.
Some of these laws include:
- Florida Statutes § 316.130(7) requires motorists to come to a complete stop when pedestrians are in the crosswalk. Drivers are also required to leave adequate space between their vehicles and pedestrians.
- Florida Statutes § 316.130(15) requires vehicle drivers to use reasonable care to avoid striking pedestrians. It also requires a higher level of caution if the pedestrian(s) are minors.
- Florida Statutes § 316.130(19) could mean a driver who disobeys these laws could face traffic offense charges, including reckless driving.
If a driver violated these laws and caused your injuries, our law firm will investigate and uncover supporting evidence. The evidence we collect will prove that because another party violated the law, they caused your accident and owe you damages.
We Will Champion Your Rights Using Supporting Evidence
We rely on evidence to support your case. Yet, you don’t have to worry about gathering these items on your own.
Our evidence collection will locate:
- The police report that documents the accident’s causes and contributing factors
- Medical records that document the cause and cost of your prescribed treatment plan
- Dashcam, smartphone, security, surveillance, and traffic control photos and videos
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts and healthcare professionals
- Eyewitness testimony
- Forensic evidence, such as broken glass or skid marks at the accident scene
Let us take care of collecting and sorting your evidence. Everything we gather will guide your case toward the best possible outcome.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Recoverable Damages from a Pedestrian Accident in Naples
It’s difficult to say how much your case is worth since each case comes with its own circumstances. That said, the recoverable damages in a pedestrian accident case vary, but they may include:
- Past and future medical bills: For your hospital stay, lab work and diagnostic tests, surgeries, pain medications, and ongoing doctor’s appointments
- Past and future lost wages and benefits: For the vacation days, hourly pay, bonuses, and other benefits you missed
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the accident or your treatment: For assistance with chores or help with everyday tasks
- Pain and suffering: For the pain that your injuries caused you
- Disability: For your lack of mobility or new cognitive difficulties
- Wrongful death-related damages if your loved one passed away in this type of accident:For their funeral and burial costs, end-of-life medical bills, and your loss of inheritance and companionship
Florida Limits the Time to File a Lawsuit in Collier County
Florida Statutes § 95.11 imposes a statute of limitations (or time limit) on how long we have to take legal action against the driver who hit you. Those bringing a personal injury lawsuit have four years to file, while surviving family members have two years for wrongful death.
We need to get started on your case early so we can conduct a full investigation to prove fault, negligence, liability, and your accident-related expenses and losses.
For this reason, we encourage you to call us as soon as possible following a pedestrian accident injury in Naples, Florida. What’s more, your case can be thrown out of court if we don’t meet the applicable deadline. We can go to work as soon as you reach out to us to discuss your case.
Naples Pedestrian AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Possible Liable Parties in Naples Pedestrian Accidents
When proving who you should be suing for your injuries, you must show that said party was negligent in that they owed you a duty of care, violated that duty, and caused your accident and damages.
Some responsible parties could include:
- Another driver: If they were speeding, failed to yield, or intoxicated
- A government agency: If it failed to keep the streets free of hazards
- A mechanic: If a vehicle’s part malfunctioned
- An employer: If you were hit by a truck and the driver’s employer failed to conduct background checks (negligent hiring) or forced them to work overtime (fatigued driving)
- A cargo loading company: If a cargo company failed to properly load items on the truck, making the driver lose control
If you believe that another party who is not listed here caused your accident, we encourage you to let us know right away so we can investigate.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics in Florida
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), in 2021, there were 9,524 pedestrian accidents that led to injuries and 838 pedestrian accidents that ended with fatalities.
Because pedestrians are not protected from the impact of a collision the way vehicle occupants are, the injuries they sustain can be life-changing. We’ve advocated for pedestrian accident claimants suffering from:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Nerve damage
- Cuts and lacerations
Our pedestrian accident team will compile evidence to prove the physical and financial impact of the accident on your life.
Things to Avoid While Considering Legal Aid for Your Pedestrian Accident
Take advantage of our no-cost, no-obligation case review before speaking to the at-fault driver or their insurance representative. In fact, until you speak to a member of our team, you should avoid:
- Giving any written or oral statements to the claims adjuster
- Signing anything, including release forms
- Accepting the first settlement offer
- Posting accident photos or videos online
- Directly messaging the at-fault party
- Neglecting to seek medical attention
It costs nothing to review your case or put our team to work representing you. The sooner we get to work on your case, the sooner you can leave all communications to us.
Hire the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
A member of the Naples team from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will evaluate your pedestrian accident case today for free. Let us explain your rights and take action to recover the damages you deserve.
Call our team now to get started with your complimentary consultation. Again, you don’t pay anything unless we recover compensation for you.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW