Accidents happen all the time. However, when an accident takes the life of a loved one, the party at fault should be held accountable. The goal of a wrongful death attorney is to recoup compensation for their clients’ losses.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, this is what we do. We advocate for families who have lost loved ones due to negligence. We can represent you at no upfront cost, and we don’t get paid unless you do.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Naples, call (800) 747-3733
How Long do You Have to File Your Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Per Florida Statutes §95.11(4)(d), you generally have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit. Your deadline begins from the date your loved one passed away––not from the date of their accident.
By contacting our Naples law firm:
- You give us time to investigate your case.
- You protect your right to financial recovery.
- You avoid having the statute of limitations expire in your case.
Naples Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
We Fight on Behalf of Grieving Families in Florida
Our law firm takes on a wide range of personal injury cases that end in fatalities. Some of our most common practice areas include:
- Auto accidents
- Job-related accidents
- Premises liability incidents (such as slip and falls)
- Dog bites/animal attacks
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Bicycle/pedestrian accidents
Regardless of how you lost a loved one, your family has the right to explore their legal options. Our Naples wrongful death lawyers provide comprehensive services to relieve your family of their legal burdens.
Possible Compensation in Your Naples Wrongful Death Case
Nothing can replace your loved one. However, we can recover your financial and non-financial losses.
Under Florida Statutes §768.21, you may be eligible to receive the following:
You should lay your loved one to rest without worrying about financial obligations. Your case could account for:
- The burial plot and casket
- The headstone
- The venue
- Floral arrangements
- The memorial service
If the decedent required end-of-life medical care, then your family may recover those costs. Compensation for these expenses can include:
- Life support
- Hospice care
Was your family member a primary or secondary financial provider for their family? You may be able to receive reimbursement for their lost income, employee benefits, and more.
You may also be eligible to recover:
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household benefits
Find out what your case is worth. Connect with our team today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How We Help Families with Their Wrongful Death Cases
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can provide the legal support you want. We provide legal services that include:
Managing Your Case
When you entrust your case to us, we will take care of:
- Handling all necessary communications
- Filing your case’s paperwork
- Meeting all deadlines
- Updating you on your case’s progression
- Alerting you to any settlement offers
Investigating Your Loved One’s Passing
To prove that your loved one passed away due to negligence, we can:
- Interview witnesses
- Consult with their doctors
- Review any accident reports
- Request their medical records
If your loved one’s accident was captured on camera, we can request and review that footage.
Estimating the Value of Your Losses
By reviewing your loved one’s employment records, medical bills, and other supporting documentation, we can determine the value of your losses.
We also engage with the insurance company on your behalf and fight for a fair settlement. If necessary, we can help you file a lawsuit. Our Naples personal injury lawyers can handle your entire case and advocate for your rights.
Considerations After Losing a Loved One
Your case is not over until you accept a settlement or a judge makes a ruling. Throughout your case’s development, here are some recommendations that could ease the claims process:
- Keep track of your expenses. All invoices, billing statements, and receipts should be kept in a safe place. Your wrongful death lawyer can use them to determine what constitutes a fair offer.
- Direct the claims adjuster to your lawyer. Now is your time to grieve. You should not have to bother with insurance representatives. When they call you, refer them to us. We will also answer their emails and messages as needed.
- Refrain from accepting the first offer. Your loved one’s passing could affect your family for several years. So, your settlement should account for these anticipated hardships. The first offer will likely not reflect these challenges. By allowing your lawyer to negotiate, you can recover what you are owed.
During your free case review, we can determine what other recommendations could aid your case.
Commonly Asked Questions in Naples Wrongful Death Cases
Our law firm frequently gets and answers these questions:
What is the Average Value of a Wrongful Death Case in Naples?
Most wrongful death settlements are confidential. So, there’s no exact answer to this question. Your losses will be calculated based on your situation.
How Long will it Take to Resolve Your Case?
We can’t answer this question without reviewing your situation first. The insurer’s cooperation, the value of your losses, and the nature of your loved one’s passing will determine your case’s timeframe.
What Happens if the Insurer Denies Your Claim?
If the insurer won’t pay for your losses, then we will seek compensation from the at-fault party in court. Here, we will present your case and demonstrate the impact of your situation. The at-fault party in your case could include a healthcare provider, motorist, company, or government agency.
Can a Family Member Sue for Wrongful Death?
Most immediate family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a late loved one. These parties can include the decedent’s children, spouse, parents, grandparents, and siblings. Distant relatives are typically unable to pursue damages in these cases. However, some exceptions may apply.
Contact Our Law Firm in Naples, FL
To find out more about our legal services, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.