Riding a bicycle around town is a great way to get exercise, fresh air, and help keep pollutants at a minimum. Bicyclists must be regarded as any other driver while traveling on public roads.
However, with the enjoyment of a leisurely bike ride, there also comes the risk of injury. In fact, 857 bicyclists were killed in crashes in 2018, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Unfortunately, bicyclists can sustain severe injuries upon colliding with a larger vehicle.
If you were involved in a bicycle accident caused by a negligent party, you should not have to shoulder the collision’s expenses alone. With the help of a Melbourne bicycle accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can recover from your injuries while they undertake your legal burdens.
To get started with a free, no-obligation consultation, call 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Melbourne, call (800) 747-3733
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Regardless of how your accident occurred, our legal team wants to hear from you. Your Melbourne bicycle accident lawyer will be tasked with determining how the collision occurred and pursuing the cost of your expenses from the liable party.
Some factors that may have contributed to your injuries include:
- Inattentive driving. This is also referred to as “distracted driving.” If you were struck by a motorist who was texting or otherwise not focused on the road, they could be held responsible for your injuries.
- Speeding. Drivers who speed are given less time to react when a hazard or change in traffic arises. Your lawyer can review the police report made at the accident scene to determine if speeding played a role in the collision.
- Low visibility. Bicycles are harder to see than a car, which can lead to an accident. Motorists must uphold their duty of care by keeping an eye on the road, no matter what.
Whatever the cause is for your bicycle accident, a Melbourne bicycle accident lawyer can walk you through the process of recovering compensation. To learn more about what this entails, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.
Melbourne Bicycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Recovering Damages From a Bicycle Accident
Laws are designed to protect you when you get injured in a bicycle accident on the road. While your insurance may be able to defray some of the resulting costs, a personal injury claim allows you to pursue compensation for additional items not covered by your insurer.
A Melbourne bicycle accident lawyer can help you seek financial recovery for the following damages:
- Medical care and expenses
- Assistive devices, such as a wheelchair or crutches
- Lost wages and reduced earning capability
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
You may not be able to reach an out-of-court agreement with the at-fault party. When this happens, you have the option of filing a lawsuit and taking your case to court. Under Florida Statute 95.11, you have four years from the date of the accident to do so. Otherwise, you risk forfeiting your right to compensation through the court system.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our team is ready to get started on your case today. We understand that right now, you may be experiencing many different types of emotions as you recover from your injuries. You may be confused about how to initiate legal action or frustrated by the limitations your injuries have placed on your life. Our goal is to alleviate those stressors by seeking compensation for your losses.
To get started with a free consultation from a member of our team, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.