If you suffered injuries and expenses related to a construction accident, then you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A Naples personal injury lawyer can help you pursue financial recovery to pay for your damages while you focus on healing from your injuries.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine handles cases for worksite accident victims. We believe you should not have to pay for damages relating to an accident you did not cause. Call our personal injury lawyers today.
Work with Our Construction Accident Lawyers at No Out-of-Pocket Cost
Our fee structure is contingent on the settlement or jury verdict we obtain for you. If your case doesn’t end with compensation, you owe us nothing. When you are awarded damages, we accept a percentage of your financial award as our fee.
Here are all the ways our contingency-fee agreement could benefit you:
- You avoid a potentially costly wait to start preparing your case.
- We compensate all expert witnesses who support your case.
- We cover all court, filing, paperwork, and documentation costs.
- We cover the costs of our comprehensive investigation.
- We represent you in court at no additional cost to you.
We will never add to the financial burden you and your family are already experiencing. We will even review your case for free as soon as you give us a call.
Damages You Could Recover After a Construction Accident
Construction accident victims commonly ask how much their cases are worth. The type of compensation you can recover depends on several factors, including the nature of your accident, who is at fault, and the damages you incurred.
You may be able to receive awards that cover the following expenses:
- Emergency room care
- Extended hospital stays
- Ongoing doctor visits
- Lost pay and benefits from being away from work
- Rehabilitative services, such as physical therapy
You may also be able to receive compensation for non-economic damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disability and disfigurement
- Loss of life enjoyment
These damages do not come with dollar values, so it can be challenging to determine how much they should be, but our law firm can calculate the amount for any non-monetary damages you have and determine how much your case is worth.
Wrongful Death-Related Losses
Sometimes, construction accidents result in fatal injuries. If your loved one passed away from injuries suffered from an accident on the job, you may be able to recover damages by bringing a wrongful death action. We can help you examine your legal options in this area.
If your action is successful, you could recover financial compensation to pay for your loved one’s end-of-life expenses, including medical care they received and funeral and burial arrangements that were made for them.
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Your Construction Accident Case
Depending on your situation, we can also look at other damages you may be able to pursue. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you generally have four years from the date of your construction accident to move forward with legal action.
If you are filing a wrongful death action, Florida law allows you only two years to do so. It can take time to build a strong case for damages, so we urge you to reach out to us as soon as you can. To learn more about what this deadline may mean for your case, call a Naples construction accident lawyer today.
Determining Liability in Your Construction Accident in Naples
Due to the hazardous nature of the job, construction accidents happen more often than you may think. To begin moving forward with recovering your losses, your legal team must first establish who is responsible for your accident, and from there, the role that negligence played in your injuries.
In order to prove negligence, we must show the party you are suing:
- Owed you a legal duty of care to act reasonably careful in the situation
- Failed to keep this duty as a reasonable person under the same circumstances would
- Caused your injuries when they did not act reasonably to keep you safe
- Brought damages upon you as a result of their actions that caused the accident
If your case has these four elements present, we can likely seek damages on your behalf.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Your Accident?
In a Naples construction accident, at-fault parties may include:
- Employers (e.g., the person or company that owns the construction site)
- General and subcontractors
- Equipment manufacturers
- Chemical companies
Florida allows claimants to sue their employers only under rare circumstances. When you are injured in the workplace, most employees must go through the route of workers’ compensation to receive financial recovery for their injuries. However, your situation may have details that complicate this process. This is where working with a construction accident lawyer can have certain benefits.
We can review the details and circumstances of your situation and determine if you can move forward with legal action during a free consultation.
What a Naples Construction Accident Attorney Can Do for You
As your legal team, our primary goal is to work on your behalf to receive a fair settlement for your injuries, lost wages, or other damages from the accident.
We can help you with your case in the following ways:
- Gather and review evidence of fault and liability
- Explore your legal options to promote your case’s success
- Help you determine the cost of your incurred expenses
- Reach out to eyewitnesses and/or field experts
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company
- Meet important filing deadlines for your lawsuit if needed
- Manage your case and prepare the necessary paperwork
- Take your case to trial if a settlement is not reached
We will work hard to build your case and establish that you should receive compensation for your damages. We can represent you through your initial claim, and, if necessary, a lawsuit.
Why Construction Accidents Happen
There are many opportunities for accidents to happen on construction sites. Per the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), more than 5,300 workers died on the job in 2019, and falls are the leading cause of death in construction, the federal agency says.
Many construction site workers must climb ladders and scaffolding and use other equipment to work up high and far away from the ground, so this is one reason why falls happen on the job. Fall accidents also topped the list of its 10 most frequently cited standards in the fiscal year 2020.
Examples of construction accidents include:
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Falls that occur from high up off the ground
- Falling debris or debris left out and about a site
- Getting stuck in between objects
- Fire and explosions
- Machinery accidents and tool accidents
- Vehicle accidents
- Exhaustion from extreme heat and cold
Common injuries in construction accidents are:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Burns, abrasions, bruises, and scratches
- Broken bones and fractures
- Shocks and electrocution
- Internal organ injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Knee and ankle injuries
- Eye and face injuries
What to Do If You Were Injured in a Construction Accident
If you are hurt in a construction accident, we advise that you seek prompt medical help for your injuries as soon as you can. Emergency medical attention ensures you are getting the care you need, and it can help you address the injuries you can see and detect those you can’t but need to prepare for.
Some injuries take days or weeks to emerge, and in some cases, it can take time to understand the extent of your injuries and how they affect your daily life. Getting prompt medical attention also helps you create a record showing that your injuries are directly related to your accident. Having this documentation will help your case for damages later.
Other Considerations After Your Construction Accident
In addition to seeking medical help after your on-the-job injury, we recommend that you:
- Adhere to your treatment plan. Visiting a healthcare provider is just one aspect of reaching maximum medical improvement (MMI). You should also take all drugs as prescribed, attend your follow-up appointments, and refrain from strenuous activity.
- Keep track of your losses. You want to recover compensation for each of your injury-related hardships. So, we recommend keeping copies of your medical bills and other related receipts to help us determine what you deserve.
- Refrain from posting about the event to social media. Posting about your construction accident on social media will not help you recover damages. If anything, doing so could damage your case. Only you and the involved parties should know about your construction accident. Sharing too much information could give the other party more to use against you.
Testimonials and Reviews from Previous Clients
Every client our team represents is a priority, and we work hard to make sure you get the support you need and deserve. When they talk about our commitment to success, previous clients say the following:
- Adam S.: The Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine went above and beyond all expectations in providing me with top notch service and follow through in successfully settling my case for me…Their entire staff were very hands on in providing me with updates. I would highly recommend them.
- Jos I.: Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.
The law firm that represents you makes a difference in your case. Read more reviews like these on our client testimonials page and see why you can turn to our personal injury team for guidance and support.
We Are Proud to Give Back to the Community We Share with Our Clients
We work with our community by supporting and advocating for the following civic, charitable, and professional organizations and agencies:
- The Broward Sheriff’s Foundation
- Family Fun Day
- The Children’s Science Museum
- Dolphins Cancer Challenge (founded by the Miami Dolphins)
- Jewish Federation
- Kids in Distress
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
We support these organizations with donations of time, interest, participation, and finances. Learn more about our community support efforts on our Giving Back page.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Case Assessment
If you were injured at work and want to pursue recovery for your financial losses and other damages, then contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today. Our law firm handles all types of construction accident cases throughout the state of Florida.
Call us today for a free consultation.
We Can Help.