Motor vehicle accidents can be very traumatic and can even lead to life-changing injuries, such as damage to the arms and legs. Injuries to the arms or legs can profoundly change your life, leading to ongoing medical treatment, expensive bills, and even debilitation. If you have suffered an arm or leg injury in a car accident, your injury could have been caused by a third party. Depending on your case, you could have legal options available and might even be eligible for financial compensation.
To learn more about your legal options and what you can do next, contact Anidjar & Levine by calling 1-800-747-3733. A team member is available to discuss your situation with you in detail during a free, no-obligation case review.
Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
If you have suffered an arm or leg injury in a car accident, it is important to understand the potential causes of your accident. Every case is different, but if another party was at fault, you could be entitled to compensation. Some of the more common causes of motor vehicle accidents include but are not limited to the following:
- Drunk driving: If another driver is under the influence of a mind-altering substance such as alcohol, they could be held liable for your accident. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), drunk driving accidents lead to about $44 billion worth of healthcare expenses and damages annually.
- Speeding: It is also possible that speeding contributed to your accident, and in turn, your arm or leg injury. Speeding creates the potential for high-impact, devastating accidents. When a vehicle is traveling too fast, it does not have time to react to changes on the road. This is dangerous and illegal, and you can take action against a party that was speeding and caused your suffering.
- Driving while distracted: Technology and the use of cell phones has made distracted driving more of a problem than ever, but distracted driving can also include eating, engaging in conversation, or looking away from the road.
- Poor weather: Sometimes, weather conditions affect highway safety, and in some cases, those responsible for keeping the roads safe could be negligent in fulfilling their responsibilities. If your injury occurred on an unkempt roadway, you could have a valid legal claim.
- Mechanical failures: All vehicles on the road should be appropriately inspected prior to use. If your accident involved a vehicle that mechanically failed in any way, it is possible that lack of maintenance or inspection caused your pain and suffering.
If you were involved in an accident leading to a head or leg injury, you are not alone. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), vehicle accidents result in over 2 million visits to the emergency room annually. Regardless of the specific cause of your accident, it is important to realize you have legal options.
To learn more about what you can do to seek help and justice, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. A Miami arm and leg injury caused by a car accident lawyer can help you figure out the cause of your accident. Call 1-800-747-3733 today.
Arm and Leg Injuries
One of the most common types of injuries in car accidents is arm and leg injuries. This could include:
- Broken bones
- Sprains, strains, and muscle tears
- Dislocations and damage to the joints
- Cuts, scrapes, and disfiguring trauma to the exterior of your limbs
- Loss of limb
Arm and leg injuries resulting from car accidents vary in terms of severity. More serious injuries can cause permanent damage and even the loss of mobility. Any pain or damage you are experiencing could affect you on a daily basis.
It is even possible for your leg and arm injuries to result in a disability or affect your ability to work and earn wages. No amount of money can make up for the pain and suffering resulting from injuries, but it is important to remember that you could be eligible for compensation by filing a legal claim.
Types Of Potentially Recoverable Compensation
Depending on your injuries, you could be entitled to various types of compensation following a successful legal claim. These could include:
- Reimbursement for rehabilitation, doctor visits, medical equipment, surgeries, and other expenses related to your leg or arm injury
- Reimbursement for legal fees related to your claim
- Compensation for your pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Punitive damages
Because the details of every case are unique, you may find it useful to hire a Miami arm and leg injury caused by a car accident lawyer if you are serious about exploring your legal options during this difficult and challenging time.
Contact Us Today
The trauma of a car accident can lead to injury, emotional suffering, and financial troubles. While you are focusing on your recovery in the aftermath of your accident, filing a legal claim could feel like an arduous task. Thankfully, there is a Miami arm and leg injury caused by a car accident lawyer who can walk you through the legal process and help you file your personal injury lawsuit within the four-year statute of limitations that Florida Statutes § 95.11 enforces.
Many victims are able to recover compensation that can make life a little bit easier following an accident. If you would like to learn more, call 1-800-747-3733 today. A team member with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you explore your options.
We Can Help.