If you or a loved one suffered a construction accident, you may be facing debilitating injuries or be unable to work. You could recoup your losses through a personal injury, wrongful death, or workers’ compensation claim.
A Tampa construction accident lawyer can explain your legal options and determine a course of action that could recover damages. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers free case reviews to interested parties.
Your Construction Accident Could Have Resulted from These Factors
If you are a construction worker, you already know about the many hazards present in your workplace. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), construction is one of the deadliest industries in the United States. In fact, in 2018, one out of every five worker deaths was in the construction sector.
In the course of your daily duties, you might encounter:
- Falling objects
- Electrical equipment and power tools
- Heavy machinery
- Tripping hazards
- Toxic chemicals or fumes
In Florida, you are generally not allowed to sue your employer. However, there may be other parties from which you can pursue compensation.
When you call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, a member of our personal injury team can explain what methods could help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and reduced earning capacity.
You Could File a Workers’ Compensation Claim to Seek Damages
You could pursue the cost of your damages through a workers’ compensation claim. Per the Florida Department of Financial Services, employers in the construction industry are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance if they have one or more employees.
To get workers’ compensation benefits, you must report the injury to your employer within 30 days. If your employer refuses to file a claim with their insurance company, you may do so yourself. If the insurance company denies your claim, you might have to file a Petition for Benefits. You have two years to file a petition.
Our construction accident lawyers in Tampa can address many of the challenges that may arise during your workers’ compensation claim. They can establish the connection between your work-related accident and injuries while also defending your right to benefits.
You Could File a Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit in Hillsborough County
We mentioned earlier that you can only sue your employer in rare circumstances. If you choose to move forward with a personal injury case, your lawyer will need to identify an at-fault party that is not your employer.
For instance, if you were injured by a power tool that did not come with adequate instructions, you could file a product liability claim against the tool’s manufacturer. If you operate a motor vehicle as part of your job and suffered injuries in a collision, you could pursue compensation from the negligent driver.
How We Can Support Your Injury Claim
We can manage your injury claim by:
- Communicating with the liable insurer
- Evaluating the liable policy’s limits
- Calculating your losses
- Negotiating a settlement
- Protecting you from bad faith insurance practices
- Gathering evidence to support your case
Most of our cases end with insurance settlements. So, you likely won’t have to go to court.
How We Can Manage Your Tampa Construction Accident Lawsuit
To advance your lawsuit, we will:
- Prepare you to give a statement
- Advise you on potential settlement offers during litigation
- Build and argue your case
- Call upon accident reconstruction specialists and other experts to testify
- Object to any unfair courtroom practices
- Manage depositions
- File your case’s paperwork
Keep in mind that if you file an injury lawsuit, you have a limited time to act.
You Could Seek These Damages Following Your Florida Construction Accident
In personal injury and wrongful death cases, you may ask for economic damages to compensate you for your financial losses.
These losses may include:
- Medical bills, such as doctor’s visits, medications, physical therapy, or surgery
- Loss of employment, if you are unable to continue working in the same job as you did before the accident
- Lost wages, if you lost income because you had to take time off work
- Funeral expenses, if a loved one passed away in a construction accident
You can also seek the cost of non-economic damages. While these losses do not have pre-determined monetary values, your lawyer can calculate those costs.
These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering, which compensates you for the physical pain and emotional turmoil of being injured
- Impaired quality of life, if you can no longer live as freely and independently as you did before
- Disability, if you are partially or totally disabled by your injuries
Your lawyer can explain what additional damages could be available to you.
Your Construction Accident Attorney Plays Many Roles in Your Case
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand that trying to recover compensation following a construction accident can be complicated. We strive to make things easier for you by providing responsive legal care.
Here are just a few of the roles we will take on for you:
- Case evaluator. At no charge, we can determine if you have a case.
- Clerk. If you need to file for workers’ compensation benefits, we can help with the documentation and paperwork. If you need to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit, we can help you with that too.
- Middleman. Do not worry about talking to the liable party or their insurer. We will handle all communications.
- Negotiator. The liable party’s insurance company may not initially offer you a fair settlement. We can itemize the cost of your damages so you understand what qualifies as a favorable settlement.
- Advocate. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we can take your case to court. Your lawyer will present evidence, question witnesses, and argue on your behalf.
When you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can call us at any time with questions or concerns. If you need to meet with us in person, you can come to one of our conveniently located offices, or we can come to you if you are unable to travel. All of these services will cost you nothing unless we win your case.
Two Things You Should Know About the Claims Process
Here are some things we want to share with you about the legal process:
Insurance Companies Don’t Always Play by the Rules
Insurance companies exist to make money. So, to protect their bottom line, they may argue:
- You were intoxicated at the time of your accident, freeing them from liability.
- You caused your own accident to defraud the insurance company of money.
- Your injuries were the result of another accident or pre-existing condition.
- Your damages are worth less than you claim.
We will use your case’s evidence to show that your injuries merit compensation and you deserve benefits.
Your Case’s Value Depends on Your Situation
Construction accident cases do not come with inherent values. So, one person’s accident could cost $10,000, and another person’s case could cost $10 million. It all depends on the facts of the case. We will take the following factors into account when calculating your losses:
- Your working ability and profession
- The nature of your condition
- Your anticipated recovery period
- The cost of your financial losses
- Your quality of life
- Your mobility and independence
- Your relationship with others
We may consult with third-party field experts about the value of your expenses.
Connect with Our Team Today
A construction accident lawyer in Tampa can be a great asset in your fight for fair compensation. We will help you pursue the financial recovery you need and deserve.
Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733. You worry about getting better. We will take care of everything else.