Construction accidents can have catastrophic consequences. If you or a loved one suffered a construction accident, you may be facing debilitating injuries or be unable to work. You may be able to recoup your losses through a personal injury, wrongful death, or workers’ compensation claim. A Tampa construction accident lawyer can explain your legal options and determine a course of action that could recover compensation.
Get started by calling the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733. The initial case review is free.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Tampa, call (800) 747-3733
Construction Sites Feature Notable Hazards
If you are a construction worker, you already know about the many hazards present in your workplace. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), construction is one of the deadliest industries in the United States. In fact, in 2018, one out of every five worker deaths was in the construction sector.
In the course of your daily duties, you might encounter:
- Falling objects
- Electrical equipment and power tools
- Heavy machinery
- Tripping hazards
- Toxic chemicals or fumes
In the state of Florida, you are generally not allowed to sue your employer. However, there may be other parties in your case from which you can pursue compensation. When you call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, a member of our personal injury team can explain what methods could help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and reduced earning capacity.
To learn more, call us today at 1-800-747-3733.
Tampa Construction Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Pursuing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
You may be able to pursue the cost of your damages through a workers’ compensation claim. Per the Florida Department of Financial Services, employers in the construction industry are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance if they have one or more employees.
To get workers’ compensation benefits, you must report the injury to your employer within 30 days. If your employer refuses to file a claim with their insurance company, you may do so yourself. If the insurance company denies your claim, you might have to file a Petition for Benefits. You have two years to file a petition if you choose to do so.
A Tampa construction accident lawyer can address many of the challenges that may arise during your workers’ compensation claim. They can work to establish the connection between your work-related accident and your injuries, while also defending your right to workers’ compensation benefits.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit
We mentioned earlier that you can only sue your employer in rare circumstances. If you choose to move forward with a personal injury case, your lawyer will need to identify an at-fault party that is not your employer. For instance, if you were injured by a power tool that did not come with adequate instructions, you may be able to file a product liability claim against the tool’s manufacturer. If you operate a motor vehicle as part of your job and suffered injuries in a collision, you may be able to pursue compensation from the negligent driver.
Recoverable Damages in a Tampa Construction Accident Case
If you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit, you typically have four years from the date of the accident to do so, per Florida Statute § 95.11. Per the same statute, you usually have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit. In personal injury and wrongful death cases, you may ask for economic damages to compensate you for your financial losses.
These losses may include:
- Medical bills, such as doctor’s visits, medications, physical therapy, or surgery
- Loss of employment, if you are unable to continue working in the same job as you did before the accident
- Lost wages, if you lost income because you had to take time off from work
- Funeral expenses, if a loved one died in a construction accident
You can also seek the cost of noneconomic damages. While these losses do not have a predetermined monetary value, your lawyer can calculate those costs for you.
These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering, which compensates you for the physical pain and emotional turmoil of being injured
- Impaired quality of life, if you can no longer live as freely and independently as you did before
- Disability, if you were partially or totally disabled by your injuries
Your lawyer can explain what additional damages could be available to you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Secure Legal Representation Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand that trying to recover compensation following a construction accident can be complicated. We strive to make things easier for you by providing responsive legal care.
Here are just a few of the roles we will take on for you:
- Case evaluator. At no charge, we will tell you if you have a case.
- Clerk. If you need to file for workers’ compensation benefits, we can help you with the documentation and paperwork. If you need to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit, we can help you with that too.
- Middleman. Do not worry about talking to the liable party or their insurer. We will handle all communications between you and them.
- Negotiator. The liable party’s insurance company may not initially offer you a fair settlement. We can itemize the cost of your damages so that you understand what qualifies as a favorable settlement.
- Advocate. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we can take your case to court. Your lawyer will present evidence, question witnesses, and argue on your behalf.
When you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can call us at any time with questions or concerns. If you need to meet with us in person, you can come to one of our conveniently located offices, or we can come to you if you are unable to travel. All of these services will cost you nothing unless we win your case.
A Tampa construction accident lawyer can be a great asset in your fight for fair compensation. We will help you pursue the financial recovery you need and deserve.
Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733. You worry about getting better. We will take care of everything else.