If you suffered property damage caused by Hurricane Ian or another hurricane affecting St. Petersburg, our firm can help. We can hold your insurer to account for your losses and resolve your claim with them so you can recover the compensation you need. During a free consultation, we’ll tell you more about how we resolve St. Petersburg hurricane claims like yours.
How You Can Help Yourself After A Hurricane
Right now, you may be feeling disoriented and overwhelmed. You may be wondering what to do and how to begin your case and claim. There are just a few things you should do as soon as possible. You should:
- Get your family the care and accommodations they need
- Report your property damage to your insurer/insurers (You may be required to report to an insurer within 48 hours)
- Reach out to a St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer from our firm for legal representation (Your lawyer can ensure your rights and your claim are protected)
What Kind Of Compensation You Can Recover
Your homeowners insurance policy may or may not provide hurricane coverage (this may be referred to as “hurricane protection”) and flood coverage along with deductibles. If your policy doesn’t provide these kinds of coverage, you may have separate policies for them.
If you have any hurricane and/or flood coverage, it will likely cover any losses you have related to your home and belongings. It may even cover living expenses.
You may be covered for such losses as:
- The cost of a hotel stay or a relocation
- The costs related to water damage repair
- Damage to your home’s foundation
- Damage to your windows, doors, fences, and/or roof
- The repair of your garage or shed
- Personal property-related losses
- Debris cleaning costs
How A St. Petersburg Hurricane Damage Insurance Claims Lawyer Can Help
At our firm, we understand what you must be going through right now. We know many people suffered major losses due to Hurricane Ian and other recent hurricanes. However, there may be many losses you can recover through your hurricane claim, and one of our firm’s lawyers can help you recover those losses. First, your lawyer will get a copy of your policy and go through it to determine which losses you can claim.
There’s a great deal more your Pinellas County lawyer can do for you, including:
- Inventorying all your compensable losses and listing them in your insurance claim
- Collecting photos and bills that can help establish your losses
- Hiring an expert/contractor to corroborate your losses and provide an estimate
- Expediting your case to meet the deadline for a potential St. Petersburg hurricane lawsuit at any point
- Taking care of all communications with the insurer
- Negotiating with the insurer for a fair settlement
- Appealing a claim denial or arguing against a claim delay
- Taking your case before a judge if it will help you recover your due compensation
Why It’s Important To Have A Hurricane Lawyer On Your Team
A lawyer from our firm can take over your case so you can focus on other matters, like family, and the lawyer can do a lot to protect your case and your compensation. This protection can be invaluable, especially if an insurer tries to diminish your case.
Property insurers like to diminish cases in the following ways:
- By claiming property damage is due to flooding, so it isn’t covered by the policy
- By saying certain losses aren’t covered in a claimant’s particular policy, even if those losses are covered
- By claiming losses aren’t as significant as a claimant says they are
- By claiming property damage existed before the incident
Your lawyer will protect your case and compensation by pushing back against any of those claims, even if it means taking your case before a judge. Without the kind of protection a lawyer provides, you may struggle to handle the insurer and your case.
About Our St. Petersburg Hurricane Attorneys
At our firm, our attorneys work for Florida residents who suffered major property losses and may be struggling with a large insurance company. Many of our clients come to us because they’ve suffered damage due to a catastrophic hurricane, like Hurricane Ian, or because their homeowners insurer denied certain coverage.
Our team stands up for our clients against intimidating, for-profit insurers. We don’t hesitate to take them to court if we must. However, we’ve been able to resolve many cases outside of the courtroom, and we’ve been successful for our clients. Many of them have offered their testimonials, including the following:
“I had such an amazing experience here! Jonathan Holtz was my attorney and I could not have asked for a better person to take my case. He was very responsive and did a great job of keeping me informed! I would highly recommend letting them be your attorney.” – Sarah A.
Service Beyond Expectation
We believe we go above and beyond for our clients. Some examples of this are:
- Scheduling appointments for our clients so they can focus on other matters, like family
- Providing our clients with consistent case updates
- Remaining available to our clients by phone throughout their cases
- Retaining various experts we can refer to for their loss valuations and case testimonies
- Providing hurricane claims attorneys throughout Florida for all our clients
Contact Our Firm To Learn More About Hurricane Claims In St. Petersburg
If you have any losses due to Hurricane Ian or another recent hurricane, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. We’ll start by offering you a free consultation with a team member. Your consultation includes a case review and advice about your case. We’ll also tell you more about what one of our St. Petersburg hurricane claims attorneys can do for you and your claim.
You deserve fair compensation, and our firm can help you recover it if your insurer isn’t treating you fairly. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for your free case review.
We Can Help.