Accidents that damage the spine can leave victims with permanent and disabling injuries that affect their ability to work, participate in activities, and interact with loved ones. If you or your family member sustained a spinal injury because of someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you fight for justice.
Our St. Petersburg spinal injury lawyers can hold the person responsible for your accident financially accountable. We can pursue compensation for your current medical care, future health care needs, and other losses to enable you to avoid financial hardship and maintain your standard of living.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal injury lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call (800) 747-3733
Spinal Injuries Are Often Severe
Your spinal cord is a bundle of nerves—protected by vertebrae (backbones)—that sends signals between your brain and body. According to the Mayo Clinic, damage to the spine can cause severe and permanent injuries, including loss of mobility and these complications:
- Reduced or loss of sensation
- Changes in sexual function
- Loss of coordination
- Loss of bowel and bladder control
- Circulatory problems
- Respiratory issues
Spinal Damage Can Result In Paralysis
Spinal injury victims can experience partial or total paralysis below their spinal cord injury site. Doctors classify spinal injuries as:
- Complete: Patients have no sensation or motor function below the injury site
- Incomplete: Patients have some feeling and movement below the point of injury
- Tetraplegia: Paralysis that affects the arms, legs, hands, trunk, and pelvic area
- Paraplegia: Paralysis affects the legs, pelvic organs, and all or part of the trunk, but not the hands or arms
St. Petersburg Spinal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Common Causes of Spinal Injuries
According to the WellFlorida Council, over 800 spinal cord injury-related hospitalizations occur in the state every year. The organization cites falls and motor vehicle accidents as the leading causes of these injuries. Our spinal injury attorneys serving St. Petersburg victims can assist with cases involving:
- Slip and falls
- Falls from heights
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Car and motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Boating accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Swimming pool accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Negligent property conditions
- Birth injuries
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
We Can Seek The Awards You Need To Care For Yourself And Your Family
Treatment for a spinal injury can be expensive. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the lifetime cost of a paralyzing injury can range from around $1.2 million to $5.1 million, depending on the severity of the injury and the age of the victim at the time it occurred.
If the accident that caused your injury was not your fault, you should not have to shoulder these costs alone—especially not at the expense of your family’s financial future. Our St. Petersburg spinal injury attorneys can help you pursue awards for:
- Current and future medical care: We can recover the cost of emergency treatments, doctors and hospital fees, medical procedures, physical therapy and rehabilitation, in-home health care, long-term nursing services, mobility aids, and medical equipment. Our team will also calculate your future healthcare costs and fight for compensation that assures these bills won’t bankrupt your family.
- Lost wages: A spinal injury can prevent you from returning to your previous job or maintaining future employment. We can seek compensation for back pay, lost benefits, bonuses, tips, retirement contributions, and loss of your future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: These damages offer monetary awards for the negative impact of your accident and injury on your overall quality of life. You may qualify for compensation for loss of enjoyment of life, physical pain, scarring, anxiety, depression, stress, and mental anguish.
- Personal property damages: If your vehicle or other property sustained damage during your accident, we can seek the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Miscellaneous expenses: We can help you pursue various out-of-pocket expenses, including household services you can no longer perform (e.g., cooking, cleaning, or driving), reimbursement for travel expenses related to your care, and medically necessary home modifications, such as the addition of ramps, stairlifts, or elevators.
St. Petersburg Wrongful Death Attorneys
Spinal injuries can prove fatal. If your loved one died because of an accident caused by negligence, you may qualify for wrongful death compensation. Our team can seek awards on behalf of your loved one’s estate and surviving family. These awards may include the cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial, medical bills, their lost income, your family’s emotional pain and suffering, and more.
How Can Our Spinal Injury Lawyers Serve You?
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has fought for personal injury victims from across Florida for more than 15 years. Whether your spinal injury resulted from reckless driving, negligent property conditions, or a doctor’s mistake, we will hold the liable parties accountable. Our lawyers will:
- Investigate your accident and determine liability
- Collect evidence proving negligence, including witness statements, police reports, surveillance footage, and expert testimony
- File your insurance claims, track and adhere to deadlines, and communicate with insurers on your behalf
- Consult with your doctors (with your permission) to obtain an estimate of your future medical expenses
- Calculate your out-of-pocket expenses and pursue fair compensation for your pain and suffering
- Negotiate for the most beneficial settlement for your injury
- Take legal action against a negligent party or insurance provider if necessary
Florida Statutes § 95.11 establishes a four-year deadline for personal injury lawsuits and two years for wrongful death. You must file before the deadline, or the court will likely not hear your case. In addition, waiting too long can also hurt your chances of a successful insurance settlement. Therefore, do not wait to get started on your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
About The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine
Our team prides itself on providing outstanding service. When you work with us, you get a legal team that will stand by you through every step of your case. We stay in contact, providing you with regular updates and even giving you your lawyer’s phone number so you can get the answers you need to ease your worries.
In addition, we do not want cost to be an obstacle, so we represent clients on contingency, meaning you pay nothing upfront. Our fees come from your settlement or verdict, so if we do not win your case, we do not get paid. Call us for a free consultation today to find out more about working with our St. Petersburg spinal injury lawyers.