Motorcycle accidents can leave victims with permanent scars and disabilities, which can affect their quality of life and ability to earn a living. The St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawyers from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can offer legal assistance and fight for what you deserve.
Pursuing Compensation Through a Claim or Lawsuit
If you’re involved in a St. Petersburg motorcycle accident wreck, you can file a claim or lawsuit to seek compensation for your injuries and damages. If the accident resulted from another driver’s illegal, careless or reckless act, the court might declare them responsible for the accident that caused your injuries.
Negligent acts may include speeding, ignoring stop signs or traffic lights, or trying to overtake your motorcycle while in the same line. Similarly, you may have a valid claim if your bike crashed due to poorly maintained or unsafe roads.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can discuss your case specifics and help you pursue fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving St. Petersburg, 800-747-3733
Essential St. Petersburg Motorcycle Driving Requirements
There are specific Florida state laws for motorcycle riders; they include:
- The law requires St. Petersburg motorcycle riders below 21 years to wear helmets. The same requirement applies to all riders who cannot raise at least $10,000 worth of insurance coverage for injuries sustained in a motorcycle wreck.
- All motorcycles must have separate footrests and seats for passengers.
- All riders must have a motorcycle license; drivers can use a motorcycle endorsement on their car driver’s license.
Regardless of whether you were following all Florida state motorcycle laws or not, you may still qualify for compensation if your fault percentage was less than the other party’s.
St. PetersburgMotorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Steps to Take After a St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident
Urgently take the following measures after a motorcycle accident:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your accident injuries. Do so even if you feel you feel fine.
- Take photos of the accident scene.
- Obtain the other driver’s phone number, name, and insurance information.
- Obtain the witnesses’ names and phone numbers.
- Don’t speak to the other driver’s insurance company or accept a settlement on the spot; this may disqualify you from claiming future compensation.
- Only speak to the responding police officers.
- Consider working with a motorcycle accident injury lawyer.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Handle Your Case
A personal injury lawyer from our firm can help by:
- Removing the legal pressures so you only focus on recovering from your injuries
- Correctly preserving case evidence to increase the compensation amount
- Filing the lawsuit within the statutory timeline
- Initiating a thorough investigation to prove that the other driver is responsible for the motorcycle crash and the injuries you suffered
Your lawyer may gather various pieces of evidence, including:
- The police accident report
- Eyewitness statements
- Vehicle damage or repair reports
- Accident scene photos
- Surveillance camera, dashcam, traffic camera, or helmet cam footage
- Medical records regarding your injuries and treatment
- Accident reconstruction expert reports
St. Petersburg Motorcycle AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Complying With the Statute of Limitations
Don’t wait before filing your lawsuit. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) gives you a maximum of four years to file a St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawsuit and demand compensation for your injuries and other damages.
If you delay taking such action, the court may dismiss your case. You may permanently lose your right to gain financial recovery from the parties responsible for your injuries.
It’s wise to start your case as soon as possible so we can investigate your accident thoroughly. You worry about getting better. We’ll take care of everything else.
Motorcycle Defects and Design Flaws
Some St. Petersburg motorcycle wrecks often happen due to defective vehicle design or a manufacturing defect. If a manufacturer contributed to your motorbike accident, it would also be liable for the incident.
Here’re a few vehicle defects that often contribute to St. Petersburg motorcycle wrecks:
- Engine failure
- Faulty brakes
- Fuel system defects
- Defective tires
- Faulty handlebars/steering
- Repair/maintenance defect
Negligence might manifest itself in the following ways:
- Using defective, old, or damaged replacement parts
- Failure to replace broken or worn parts
- Leaving unwanted objects in the motorcycle (like rags or tools) after maintenance work
- Inability to effect necessary or requested maintenance
The attorneys at the Law Office of Anidjar & Levine can help determine the cause of your crash. We can even help get your motorcycle fixed so you can get back on the road once your body heals.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine works to defend motorcycle accident victims’ rights. For decades, we’ve provided responsive legal care while supporting clients with the following motorcycle injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal bleeding and damage to internal organs
- Neck and back injuries
- Severe lacerations
- Road rash/skin abrasions
We Can Handle Your Case
If you’re a motorcycle accident victim in or near St. Petersburg, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Law Office of Anidjar & Levine. Call our Florida office at 1-800-747-3733 for your free, no-obligation case review.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW