Hurricanes are part of living on Florida’s peninsula and islands for at least six months of the year. However, knowing that Bonita Springs and surrounding areas suffer from such storms doesn’t lessen the shock of your loss. Recent fierce winds and rain may have collapsed your house or flooded it to the rafters, leaving your home uninhabitable. Or perhaps your losses are significant but less catastrophic.
Once the fury of the storm passes, it’s critical to understand your rights under your insurance policy, whatever the size of your loss. The next step, making a claim after a hurricane, can be a chaotic experience for you. The property claim attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help guide you through this challenging time. We can talk with you more about your options during a free case consultation.
Losses A Hurricane Property Claim Covers In Bonita Springs
You may have losses unique to your property in Bonita Springs. Our hurricane claims lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will work with you to gather necessary information about all losses your homeowner’s insurance policy covers. Generally, losses covered on a hurricane claim include:
- Wind damage: Wind whips up debris, which can break windows and punch holes in structures, rips off roofs and siding, and push over trees, which fall on buildings.
- Fire damage: Power surges and short circuits are common occurrences during a hurricane, both of which can spark fires.
- Water damage: The deluge from a hurricane will find any sliver of an opening, no matter how watertight your home may be. It can cause leaks that damage property followed by mold, or rain may pour in through an area damaged by wind.
When Your Insurance Policy May Or May Not Cover Your Hurricane Losses
It can be frustrating to break through the noise and get answers after a hurricane when thousands of other property owners are trying to communicate with insurance companies about their claims. Our attorneys will go over the language of your policy with you to help you fully understand what losses are covered and what may not be covered.
Common areas of concern are:
- During and after a storm, what a basic homeowner’s policy covers versus hurricane coverage
- When hurricane coverage applies, when the separate deductible is paid, and for how much
- Flood insurance and how it is different from covered water damage
These and other questions you have are important. Our personal injury attorneys can get answers for you and help you protect your rights.
How The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Support Your Bonita Springs Claim
Our property loss attorneys are your partners, working beside you to help you determine to the smallest detail what your insurance covers. We help you fight for the complete cost of repair or the full value of replacement for every loss. We know this is your home, the place where so many memories have been made. We want to help you recover as much of your life as possible.
During our partnership, our attorneys:
- Are available to you whenever you need them – you will have our attorney’s phone number
- Make sure you know what’s happening by providing frequent case updates
- Quickly respond to your emails and phone messages
- Communicate with your insurance company on your behalf
We Can Work On Your Hurricane Claim Without Upfront Costs, Fees
Our property loss attorneys provide a free initial consultation so you can learn more about your options. Once our partnership begins, you will pay no attorney’s fees until we recover compensation for you. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t owe us anything.
How You Can Support A Claim After A Hurricane Affects Bonita Springs, FL
Once it is safe to return to your Bonita Springs property:
- Take pictures and videos of all damage and keep damaged items until your claim has been accepted and processed.
- Keep receipts for anything you buy or pay for that is related to the property loss, such as a hotel room and food if you cannot live in your home or items you need to make repairs.
- Complete and return any forms your insurance company sends you, keeping in mind there might be a time limit for returning such forms.
Our Bonita Springs hurricane claim attorneys will help you prioritize actions and keep to any timetables that the state or your insurance company sets.
How To Bolster Insurance Claims You May Make In The Future
Ideally, take pictures and videos of the exterior and interior of your property and of your belongings when you know a hurricane is on the way. If that isn’t practical, get in the habit of capturing such images in late November and again in late April or early May. These images may provide proof should a storm damage your property.
Florida’s Statute Of Limitations For Hurricane Claims
If your insurance company refuses to compensate you for your claim, undervalues your claim, or is in breach of contract and you wish to file a lawsuit against the insurance company, you have five years from the date of your property loss, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(2)(e).
When To File Your Bonita Springs Insurance Claim
A hurricane generally causes widespread damage when it hits land. There will be many property loss claims made by your neighbors near and far. The sooner you start the process of making an insurance claim, the sooner you can get the process underway and work toward a prompt resolution.
How much time you have exactly depends on your policy, so you will need to know this information. Our attorneys can help you with locating it if you do not know and will help you identify which policy you will use to submit an insurance claim.
We Can Help You With A Bonita Springs Hurricane Claim – Call Us Today
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine care about you and your rights. We know that the aftermath of a hurricane can feel overwhelming. We’re here to guide you through each step of the process and help you get the full compensation for your losses that your policy allows.
Please contact us today. We’re here, and we’re on your side, ready to put our resources into providing the support you need. Give us a call.
We Can Help.