Hurricane Ian was the latest to hit Florida, making landfall with wind speeds that exceeded 100 mph. As a result, homes and properties statewide suffered catastrophic damage and destruction. However, if a hurricane’s devastating forces damaged your home, our legal team could help you file an effective Marco Island hurricane claim. In addition, if you already filed a claim that the insurance company denied or offered an absurdly low payment to settle, we could help you file an appeal.
Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will take on your insurance company—no matter how big or small—and help you get fair and appropriate compensation. If you purchased homeowners, hurricane, or flood insurance—or all three—you should be able to rely on it when needed. We aim to help you understand your policies and maximize your payment so you can start repairing or rebuilding your home.
What You Need to Know About Hurricane Insurance Coverage
A hurricane’s aftermath can leave you feeling overwhelmed, confused, and stressed beyond belief. However, our law firm works hard to streamline the financial recovery process. We’ll do all the work but ensure you understand each step we take on your behalf, including:
- How to create a detailed list of your covered losses
- How to assess the loss of your personal belongings
- How long an insurance adjuster has to respond to your claim
- Your rights as a Florida home or property owner
- Your insurance company’s responsibilities
Increasing demands for information regarding your claim can make the financial recovery process seem endless. Then, when it results in a denial or an inadequate settlement offer, your frustration can boil over. However, when we take on your case, we’ll fight for a favorable resolution on your behalf.
What You Need to Know About Flood Insurance Protection
Like many Marco Island homeowners, you may have purchased multiple insurance policies to protect your home. Flood insurance is a common type of coverage that can be separate from your primary homeowner’s insurance. We also explain when and how a hurricane or flood deductible might affect your claim.
During your free initial consultation, let a team member know if you have separate flood insurance or a homeowners’ policy that differentiates between these types of covered losses. We will review every policy you have. Our goal is to ensure no stone is left unturned when pursuing the financial compensation that lets you restore your home.
Obtaining Compensation for Covered Losses After a Hurricane
Filing a hurricane claim on Marco Island and receiving compensation can be long and arduous. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will explain the step-by-step recovery process and ease the stress you face. We will explain how to:
- Document the hurricane’s impact on your property
- Obtain, complete, and submit insurance claim forms
- Review and assess the losses your policy covers
- Meet all relevant filing and notification deadlines
The compensation you request can cover the costs of boarding up and securing your home, which may require you to meet specific guidelines. In addition, your policy might cover temporary alternative housing. Our investigation will ensure you receive reimbursement for every covered loss.
What You Need to Know About Insurance Company Practices
Some insurance companies will handle your claim reasonably. Others may not. Our familiarity with Florida law means we can protect you from bad faith insurance practices. We will fight on your behalf if your claim encounters:
- Slow communication or response times
- Failure to acknowledge receipt of your claim
- Failure to acknowledge the existence of your policy
- Refusing your claim with no merit or justification
- Making a knowingly insufficient settlement offer
Florida homeowners have rights outlined in Florida’s Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights. It details what your insurance company can and cannot do and what you can expect when dealing with your insurance company. Our hurricane damage claim lawyers will ensure your insurer doesn’t overlook your claim, lose it in a shuffle, or disregard it. You are entitled to compensation, and we work hard to ensure you obtain it.
The Benefits of Working With the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
When you choose the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to represent you after a hurricane, you can rest assured knowing you’ll receive more than legal services. We also support you throughout this challenging time. We provide you with:
- Legal services tailored to your needs
- Your attorney’s phone number
- Frequent case updates
- Answers to your questions
- Replies to all calls and emails
We go the extra mile for you and every client we represent, allowing you to take back control of your life. So, worry about taking care of your family and ensuring their safety. Our team members will take care of everything else.
Recommendations and Referrals From Previous Clients
When clients we represented in the past leave reviews about our commitment to outstanding client care and support, they say the following:
- “Nick Basco at Anidjar and Levine handled our case after the hurricane. He was extremely professional, kind, and did a fantastic job!!!! This firm exceeded our expectations, and we appreciate all their support during this stressful time. I have referred my neighbor and they were equally impressed.” — Tasha
- “Dean Levy is an awesome attorney. I want to thank him and the rest of the office staff for [keeping] me updated with my claim. I am more than happy with the outcome. I do recommend this firm to anyone. Thank you for all the hard work.” — Jacqueline
Do you need to face a large insurance company giving you the runaround on your hurricane damage claim? You do not have to seek compensation alone. Our client-focused law firm will serve you and never stop fighting for every dollar you deserve.
Call for a Free Review of Your Marco Island Hurricane Claim
Did you receive an unrealistically low settlement offer after filing a hurricane claim on Marco Island? Or did your insurer deny your claim altogether? If so, our law firm will help you file a strong claim or appeal for fair and appropriate compensation. Contact one of our team members at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to get started today.
We Can Help.