The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help if you were hurt in an Orlando drunk driving accident. The defendant’s insurance company will likely mount an aggressive defense, so you do not want to tackle a case like this without a lawyer by your side. You can focus on getting better from your injuries, and we will take care of the rest.
We go the extra mile for our clients. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to get started.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Orlando, call (800) 747-3733
What Can Qualify as Impaired Driving in Florida
Drunk or impaired driving in Florida is not limited to alcohol. Consuming alcohol or drugs or a combination of both can result in a conviction for impaired driving in our state.
Many people assume that the word drugs in this context refers only to street drugs, but that is incorrect. Prescription medications, over-the-counter medicines, natural supplements, and street drugs can qualify as prohibited substances if they adversely affect your ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Orlando Drunk Driving Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Elements of Liability for Impaired Driving Injury Cases
What we have to prove in a civil claim for financial damages is different than what prosecutors have to show for a DUI criminal conviction. To hold the impaired driver responsible for your losses, an Orlando drunk driving accident lawyer must establish all four of these elements:
- Duty of care. Every driver has a duty of care to operate the motor vehicle safely while obeying the law.
- Breach of duty. When someone fails to live up to the requirements of a legal duty of care, it is negligence. Driving while impaired violates the law and is negligence.
- Causation. The careless behavior must be the cause of the accident. If the drunk driver ran into you because her state of inebriation affected her ability to operate her car safely, the negligence caused the wreck.
- Measurable harm. You must sustain quantifiable damage as a result of the carelessness. Physical injury satisfies the measurable harm requirement.
An Orlando drunk driving accident lawyer will collect the evidence needed to prove these four elements. The police report from the car accident, your medical records, and other documents can establish liability on the part of the defendant.
Damages in Orlando, FL Drunk Driving Accident Injury Lawsuits
We cannot give a dollar amount for how much compensation you will receive in your injury case because every person’s claim is unique. You might sustain severe injuries while another person in the same accident escaped unharmed.
Here are some of the damages we have won for our clients:
- Medical expenses to treat your injuries.
- Lost wages for the time that you missed from work without pay because of your injuries.
- Other intangible losses, like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), disfigurement, and chronic anxiety or depression.
We will calculate the reasonable settlement value of your drunk driving accident case and negotiate with the insurance carrier of the defendant to try to reach an amicable resolution of your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Avoid These Three Mistakes After Getting Hurt in a Drunk Driver Crash
The insurance company can potentially try to pay you less money than you deserve. Here are some of the top mistakes that injured people make that can cost them:
Do Not Give the Insurance Adjuster Reasons to Devalue Your Case
The adjuster’s job is to pay you as little money as possible. Avoid these things:
- Talking to other people at the wreck. Something innocent, like expressing compassion for another person’s plight, can get twisted into a claim that you admitted fault. For example, if you say, “I’m so sorry that you got hurt,” the defendant can allege that you apologized for causing the wreck, even though you were not at fault.
- Giving a recorded statement. The claims adjuster will probably ask you to give a recorded statement and say that it is your opportunity to tell your side of the story. You should not give a recorded statement without your lawyer’s involvement. The adjuster can take your words out of context to mean something that you did not intend.
- Posting on social media. You should not post any photos or comments about the accident or your injuries on social media. The insurance company can find these things and try to use them against you.
Do Not Get Conned by a Lowball Offer
The adjuster might offer you a settlement that sounds like a fair amount, until you find out later that you have to pay all of your medical bills out of that one check and that you will not get another check, even if you need more medical procedures to treat your injuries. Many people find out later that they should have gotten much more money.
Do Not Miss the Deadline
You have very little time to file a lawsuit for your damages. If you do not reach a settlement with the insurer, your only option for getting the compensation you deserve is to file a lawsuit. Once the deadline passes, you cannot even do that, and the insurers know that. They will drag things out, hoping that you do not know about the deadline. That is why you should talk to a lawyer right away.
How to Get Help for Your Orlando Drunk Driving Accident Injury Claim
A lawyer can help you avoid the pitfalls that could devastate your case. You have already suffered enough with your injuries. You should not have to do battle with a multi-billion-dollar corporation just to get the compensation you deserve.
When we handle your Orlando drunk driving accident case, you can focus on getting well. We will take care of the rest.
We will investigate your case, gather the evidence to build your claim for compensation, deal directly with the insurance company, and be there for you at every step of the process. You do not have to face this stressful event alone.
We handle accident injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay upfront legal fees. We will only get paid out of the settlement or award at the end of the matter.
For responsive legal care, you can turn to the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733. The consultation is free, and there is no obligation. You have a limited time to take legal action and recover damages, so do not delay. An Orlando drunk driving accident lawyer is standing by to assist you with your case.