Sometimes simple mistakes, like making a legal and safe turn, can lead to devastating consequences. However, you could qualify for financial compensation if a third party was to blame in your case.
If a collision in Orange County changes your life, an Orlando left-turn car accident lawyer from our law firm can help evaluate your legal options. As personal injury lawyers, we understand the financial, physical, and emotional impact of surviving a crash. Therefore, we will mobilize all our resources to help rebuild your life.
How Left-Turn Accidents Happen
Left-turn collisions, as the name suggests, are caused when a vehicle makes an unsafe or illegal left turn. These often occur when a driver turns left at an intersection in front of oncoming traffic, resulting in an accident.
This type of crash can occur due to a left-turn driver misjudging the speed of approaching vehicles, failing to yield the right of way, or not obeying traffic signals or signs. Other possible contributing factors include but are not limited to:
- Drunk or intoxicated drivers
- Distracted driving, which can include the use of cell phones, eating while driving, engaging in conversation, looking away from the road, and more
- Driver inexperience or a lack of knowledge about traffic laws
- Vehicular malfunctions, possibly due to a driver knowingly operating an unsafe vehicle
- Blind spots, especially in the case of truck accidents
- Poor weather conditions
- Driver fatigue
To prevent these accident types, it’s important for left-turning drivers to be vigilant, obey traffic laws, and practice defensive driving techniques. Additionally, improving road design and infrastructure, such as installing roundabouts or adding dedicated turning lanes, can help reduce incidents.
What to Do if You Are in an Accident
In anycar accident, the first and foremost concern is your safety. That means securing the site of an accident, so no further damage is caused and calling for any necessary medical attention. You, your loved ones, or others involved in your accident could need immediate help.
In the aftermath of an accident, and once any medical needs have been addressed, you can start to think about your options as a victim. Common injuries experienced by automobile accident survivors include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
If you suffered in any way, you could file a claim and recover compensation. A left-turn accident lawyer in Orlando can help you evaluate your accident’s details and decide whether filing a claim may be right for you.
You must also check your insurance coverage and contact your insurance company to report the collision. However, keep the conversation brief and to the point, as anything you say can be used against you.
Once you have secured legal representation, trust your attorney to handle all communications with the insurance company representatives.
Compensation in Left-Turn Accident Cases
Compensation for left-turn car accident victims varies. It is generally awarded based on the type of suffering you experienced. The severity of your injuries and loss could also impact your claim. It is possible to recover the following forms of compensation and much more:
- Reimbursement for any property damage, including your vehicle, should be mentioned in your claim.
- Compensation for emotional suffering you experienced or a decrease in the quality of your daily life can account for the traumatic event’s psychological impact.
- Reimbursement for medical expenses accumulated due to injuries from your accident is possible if you file a claim.
- Compensation is sometimes available for dependents if the lives of others were impacted by your accident.
- In tragic wrongful death cases, compensation for victims’ loved ones could be available.
- Reimbursement of legal fees can also be part of your compensation package.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates motor vehicle accidents cost hundreds of millions of dollars annually in medical expenses for victims across the United States. However, survivors must often cover more than just medical bills.
An experienced car accident lawyer can estimate the true financial impact of the crash and help you access additional compensation.
Identifying the Liable Party
If you decide to take legal action, it is crucial to identify the at-fault driver or other liable parties. After reviewing the details of your case, an attorney can help you build a case against the defendant. Depending on the collision, one or more of the following could be liable:
- Oncoming driver
- Another motorist
- Truck driver or trucking company
- The vehicle manufacturer
- Government agencies
An attorney can identify the liable party or parties in a car accident by conducting a thorough investigation of the crash and gathering all relevant evidence. This may include reviewing police reports, interviewing witnesses, and obtaining medical records.
They may also consult with experts, such as accident reconstruction specialists, to help determine the accident’s cause.
Even if you know another party was at fault, you still need factual evidence of liability. This could make the difference between winning your case and being left without a dime.
If you want to gauge the strength of your case before deciding whether filing an insurance claim makes sense, it could be helpful to speak with our left-turn accident attorneys in the Orlando area.
The Statute of Limitations for Motor Vehicle Accidents in Florida
The statute of limitations refers to the legal time limit claimants have to pursue justice through the legal system. This varies based on state law. For example, the statute of limitations for motor vehicle accidents, including left-turn accidents, is four years in Florida.
This may seem like a long time, but the legal process can be rather drawn out, and your recovery after an accident can take time. This means you may not have as long to act as it seems. The best way to ensure your case remains valid is to take action as soon as possible.
If you have questions about how much time you have to file your claim, a left-turn car accident lawyer in Orlando can help you determine your exact timeline for action.
Hiring a Left-Turn Accident Lawyer in Orlando
There are many ways in which hiring a lawyer could benefit your case and improve your chances of recovering maximum compensation. These include:
- Helping you understand the claims process and answer any questions you have during each phase.
- Acting as your support system that can help stabilize your life during an uncertain time.
- Allowing you to pursue every avenue of compensation available while managing your expectations for what you may recover, allowing you to plan for life ahead.
- Giving you peace of mind knowing that you have legal professionals on your side.
- Assisting with legal paperwork can be time-consuming and confusing if you are left filing on your own.
- Handle all communications with the insurance company.
- Keep you alerted of any upcoming deadlines that could delay your case.
An Orlando lawyer can protect your rights and help you recover fair compensation through a settlement or a court award. Legal representation can take the burden of dealing with the aftermath of a car accident off your shoulders and allow you to focus on your recovery.
Worried About Legal Fees?
If you are concerned by legal fees, you are not alone. But don’t worry; we do not charge anything unless you recover compensation.
Not only do we not charge a fee upfront, but we also help you get your car fixed and schedule any necessary medical appointments. Therefore, you can focus on recovering while we handle the case.
Contact Anidjar & Levine Today
At the very least, a traffic accident can be a source of stress in your life, while a more serious crash can dramatically impact your well-being and future. However, remember you have options. Our legal team at Anidjar & Levine can help you weigh your alternatives and choose the best path.
We are available to discuss your case today. Contact us for a free legal consultation. You don’t have to seek justice alone.
We Can Help.