The aftermath of a car accident can be devastating. When someone else’s fatigued or drowsy driving causes a collision, you have the right to file a claim seeking financial compensation. You could be entitled to reimbursement for medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
You shouldn’t have to pay for the other driver’s negligence. If you were injured or a loved one died, an Orlando driver fatigue car accident lawyer could help you pursue damages through a bodily injury claim or wrongful death lawsuit. Let our team handle the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your recovery.
Reach out to our Orlando personal injury law firm for a free consultation.
Causes of Driver Fatigue
Driver fatigue is a leading cause of car accidents in Florida. Recovering bodily injury compensation is possible in accidents caused by negligence. Several factors can contribute to driver fatigue, including:
- Lack of sleep
- Sleep disorder
- Failure of truck drivers to adhere to hours-of-service rules
- Pressure from an employer to meet unrealistic deadlines
- Switching from day shift to night shift
Regardless of the cause of the driver’s fatigue, you need compensation to regain a sense of normalcy in your life. You don’t have to battle the insurance company, negligent driver, or trucking company alone. Our injury law firm is dedicated to helping accident victims and is ready to go to work for you.
Who May Be Liable in a Drowsy Driving Accident?
Fatigued driving is a major cause of car accidents, and when a collision occurs due to drowsiness, the person responsible for the fatigue may be liable. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, multiple parties may be held responsible for damages caused by a tired driver.
- Negligent driver: The driver is usually the first party to be held liable in a fatigued driving accident. If it can be proven that the driver was drowsy or fell asleep at the wheel, they can be held liable for damages.
- The trucking company or other employer: If the driver was on the job at the time of the crash, their employer might be liable for damages. Personal injury claims involving commercial drivers and trucking companies can be more complex than other accidents, which is one reason you may need a lawyer.
Contact our law firm today for a free consultation if you or a loved one were injured in an Orlando driver fatigue car accident.
What To Do After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, taking the proper steps to ensure your safety and protect your rights is important. Here is what you should do:
- Check for injuries: Make sure everyone involved in the collision is okay and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Call the police: Even if the accident seems minor, it’s important to contact the police and file a report.
- Exchange information: Collect contact information from all parties involved in the accident, including insurance information.
- Take pictures: Document the crash scene with photos or videos if possible.
- Avoid saying too much to the insurance adjuster: Insurance company representatives are not on your side and may twist something you say to suit your purpose. Avoid discussing the details of the accident and contact an attorney instead.
- Contact an Orlando accident injury lawyer: An experienced car and truck accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and pursue compensation for your losses.
If you were too injured to complete the above steps, our legal team could gather the necessary information.
Injuries Caused by Florida Traffic Accidents
Florida is known for its beautiful beaches, warm weather, and vibrant culture. Unfortunately, it is also home to some of the most dangerous roads in the country. Every year, thousands of people are injured or killed in collisions due to driver fatigue, distracted driving, and other forms of negligence.
Common injuries suffered in Florida accidents include:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Severe burns
- Various permanent injuries
Damages Our Orlando Driver Fatigue Car Accident Lawyer Could Recover For You
Driver fatigue is a dangerous condition in which a tired driver cannot stay awake to pay attention to the road and vehicles around them, as an article from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains. A sleepy driver can cause collisions that result in severe injuries and death.
If you suffered a serious injury, you could pursue economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Future medical bills
- Household services
- Physical therapy
- Lost income and benefits
- Loss of future earnings due to a permanent injury
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
Wrongful Death Claims
You could seek compensation for wrongful death if you lost a loved one in a car or truck accident. We offer our sincere condolences for your loss, and we understand that you and your family are likely in turmoil.
While nothing could ever take the place of your loved one, we are here to try to remove the financial burden. An Orlando wrongful death lawyer can help you recover damages so that you and your family can rebuild your lives and find closure.
Why Choose an Orlando Car and Truck Accident Attorney From Our Firm?
We strongly suggest hiring a lawyer so that you have someone on your side who will look out for your best interests while your claim is being processed.
Our law firm primarily handles personal injury and wrongful death claims, so we understand the ins and outs of the insurance and legal systems, which could greatly benefit your case. By hiring our Orlando car and truck accident lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the crash: We will investigate the accident to determine the cause and liability. Every piece of evidence could help your case. We will gather police reports, video footage, photographs, witness accounts, and expert opinions to bolster your claim.
- Find out the limits of the other party’s insurance policy: We will look into the other party’s insurance policy to determine their policy limits and whether they have enough money to cover your damages.
- Calculate your losses: We will determine your accident claim’s value to confirm if any initial settlement offers from the insurance company are fair. The compensation you are eligible for depends on your injuries and other losses, so the amount varies from case to case.
- Communicate regularly: We will communicate clearly and regularly with you via quick responses to your calls and emails. We will also provide regular updates about your case so that you always know what’s happening. When we take your case, we give you your attorney’s cell phone number if you have questions or concerns between updates.
- Get repairs for your car: You need a vehicle to drive, so we can help you get repairs for your car. This way, you don’t have to worry about transportation on top of everything else.
- Schedule appointments for you: We know you are going through a lot right now and have a lot on your mind, so that we can schedule appointments for you as well.
- Negotiate a fair settlement: We will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf for a fair accident settlement. Our experienced accident attorneys have the resources and training to fight for the money you need.
- Represent you in court: We will prepare your case for trial and represent you in court if necessary to secure compensation for you and your family.
We go above and beyond for our clients because they’ve suffered enough already. We want to be your advocate so you can focus on healing while we take care of everything else.
We Offer Free Initial Case Consultations For Orlando Car Accidents
We understand that you may not want to hire an attorney because of cost concerns. But our law firm offers a free initial consultation to prospective clients with no upfront costs.
Moreover, we accept cases on a contingency fee basis, so there are no costs to you unless we succeed in getting you compensation. You owe us nothing if we cannot get you a settlement or court award.
Our law firm believes that financial status should not deprive anyone of legal representation. We also understand that you may be off work and struggling to pay for household expenses. We are here to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve, regardless of your current situation.
You Have a Limited Time To Act After an Orlando Car Accident
You have a lot to consider after a car accident, especially when you suffer a serious injury or lose a loved one. But Florida law says you only have a certain amount of time to act if you want to sue for personal injury or wrongful death.
The statute of limitations for personal injury is four years per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), and wrongful death is two years according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Our law firm will work to meet the statute of limitations deadlines to ensure you don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get started on your case.
Connect With an Orlando Driver Fatigue Car Accident Attorney Today
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is committed to helping survivors and victims of negligent car accidents like you recover compensation. Driver fatigue is a serious problem on the road, and holding the responsible party accountable could help prevent future collisions.
Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to helping accident victims, and their families get the justice and compensation they deserve. We are here to review the details of your Orange County accident and explain your legal options.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a driver fatigue car accident lawyer in Orlando.
We Can Help.