After a devastating accident involving a truck, you may be contemplating your next steps. If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries or your loved one’s death, our Orlando truck accident lawyers could fight for fair compensation for you and your family.
At our law firm, we understand that every case is unique and requires personalized attention. Our team of Orlando personal injury attorneys specializes in representing clients who have suffered injuries or losses due to negligent truck drivers or companies. We are dedicated to helping you get back on your feet by providing legal guidance and fighting tirelessly for your rights. Whether you need assistance with insurance claims, negotiating settlements, or pursuing litigation, our lawyers are here to help you through this difficult time.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine differs from other law firms because we give you your lawyer’s cell phone number. When you contact our experienced team, we’ll explain how our Orlando accident attorneys can provide responsive legal care in your truck accident case. We offer a free legal consultation with no obligation.
What Damages Can I Collect After An Orlando Truck Collision?
Truck accident victims may be eligible to recover both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages compensate you for the out-of-pocket expenses you paid because of the accident. Some of the economic damages you may recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income if you had to miss time at work
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from returning to the same job
- Property damage or loss
Non-economic damages are the intangible losses you suffered in the accident. Common types of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Wrongful Death Damages In Orlando Commercial Vehicle Cases
If your loved one passed away in a fatal truck accident, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine extends our most sincere condolences. Our team can lead your wrongful death claim to help your family seek financial recovery.
You may be able to recover the following wrongful death damages:
- Your loved one’s final medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of support and services
We will guide you throughout the claim process after a fatal collision. You do not have to stand up to the negligent parties on your own.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Orlando, 800-747-3733
What Does An Orlando Truck Accident Lawyer Do?
An experienced Orlando truck accident lawyer can provide guidance and support throughout the legal process. They handle all aspects of the case, from investigation to court proceedings.
One essential aspect of an attorney’s role is client communication. A good lawyer will keep their clients informed about developments in their case and answer any questions. Communication fosters trust between the lawyer and the client, which is vital when seeking a favorable outcome. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can expect us to keep you updated on your case throughout the claims process.
Other tasks your lawyer will handle include:
- Determine how your collision is unique from the other 450,000 or so large truck accidents that occur in a given year, per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Gather and organize all available evidence relevant to your case
- Hire experts to help prove negligence in your case
- Calculate your losses and determine the compensation you’re entitled to.
- Represent you in settlement negotiations with insurance companies or attorneys, depending on your route to compensation
- If your lawsuit proceeds to that stage, argue your case in a trial setting
- Protect your rights and interests throughout the legal process
An Orlando trucking accident lawyer could recover compensation for you by proving that negligence or intentional wrongdoing caused your collision and the resulting damages.
OrlandoTruck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Our Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys Are Ready To Help You
Being in a truck collision can cause permanent injuries and have a lasting impact on your life.
Your Orlando truck accident could have impacted you:
- Emotionally, especially if you lost a loved one
The harmful effects of a truck collision may alter the course of your life. There are avenues for pursuing compensation for the harm that you or your loved one has suffered, and our team will counsel you during this difficult time. We offer:
- A free consultation
- Answers to your questions and concerns
- Highly responsive legal care for all of our clients
We Are Committed To Your Complete Recovery After An Orlando Truck Accident
Our team works hard to ensure every client we represent receives 360-degree client service. We are as committed to your physical and emotional recovery as your financial recovery.
Every client we represent will receive the following:
- Compassionate, communicative legal care
- Contact information for your attorney
- Ongoing and timely case updates
When we handle your truck accident case, we go the extra mile for you. From ensuring your car is repaired to helping you schedule and keep medical appointments, we work tirelessly to help you recover from your injuries.
While you focus on recovering from your injuries or helping a family member recover from theirs, our team members take care of everything else.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
How Much Will It Cost To Hire An Orlando Truck Accident Lawyer?
Hiring an Orlando trucking accident lawyer from our firm will cost you nothing upfront or out of pocket, as our personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency-fee basis. This pay structure means that:
- You do not pay for our services unless we get you compensation.
- A lawyer will work on your case, negotiate a settlement, and bring your case to trial, if necessary, without you having to come up with the money.
- Your lawyer will only receive a payment if they win a settlement or judgment for you.
- A lawyer will collect their fees as a percentage of any settlement or judgment they win for you, based on the percentage you agree to from the beginning.
With a contingency-fee payment structure, you can benefit from a lawyer’s guidance without spending any more money. We know truck accidents are expensive, and we aim to make our legal experience and guidance accessible to clients in any financial situation.
Orlando Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Will My Orlando Accident Lawyer Deal With Insurance Companies For Me?
One of the services a lawyer can provide is communication with one or more insurance companies. A lawyer may help you in negotiations and other correspondence with insurers that could have vast resources to help them avoid paying out on your claim.
An Orlando truck accident lawyer can protect you from being taken advantage of by:
- Advising you on how to deliver your statement to an insurer in such a way that you don’t make inaccurate or self-harming statements
- Helping you understand tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying full compensation
- Advising you on whether an insurance settlement offer is fair based on the facts of your case
- Pursuing other sources of compensation if you agree that an insurance company’s best offer is not enough
A lawsuit could be an alternate means of seeking compensation in place of an insurance settlement.
Common Injuries You Can Seek Compensation For After Orlando Truck Accidents
Trucking accidents often involve serious and catastrophic injuries, especially when large vehicles collide head-on with smaller ones.
When it comes to truck accidents, the injuries sustained can be severe and life-altering. From broken bones to traumatic brain injuries, victims may require extensive medical care and rehabilitation options that are costly and time-consuming. In addition to physical pain and suffering, individuals involved in a truck accident may also experience emotional trauma.
As if dealing with injuries isn’t enough, victims of truck accidents often face significant financial losses. Medical bills can quickly add up, leaving families struggling to make ends meet while they focus on recovery. Additionally, lost wages or decreased earning potential due to injuries can further compound these financial difficulties.
Many people find navigating legal procedures after a truck accident complex and overwhelming. Our experienced attorneys can help you pursue compensation for the injuries you suffered.
Truck crashes often result in bodily injuries such as:
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Other severe injuries, including burns
- trucking companies
- Fatal injuries
The effects of a serious accident can be long-lasting, so you may want to consider contacting an experienced attorney who will pursue fair compensation for your injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one.
What Is The Average Settlement For An Orlando Truck Wreck?
Every case is different, so the amount of money you can recover depends on the details of your truck crash.
When assessing possible compensation after a truck wreck, your attorney may consider the following:
- How the truck driver contributed to your accident
- Whether the driver has an employer (such as a trucking company) and whether that individual or business acted negligently
- The totality of the injuries you or your loved one suffered because of the crash
- How the injuries you sustained impacted you and may continue to impact you going forward
A lawyer could help you determine the value of your accident-related compensation.
Can I Sue Someone Personally After An Orlando Truck Accident?
You may be able to sue somebody personally after a Florida accident.
An Orlando truck accident lawsuit with one or more individual defendants may be possible if:
- The negligent truck driver involved in your collision does not have the requisite minimum insurance coverage as mandated by Florida Statutes § 324.021.
- An individual or their insurance company is refuting your account of the events and disputing their share of responsibility.
- The liable parties’ insurance coverage is insufficient to cover the losses you sustained due to the crash.
- Your loved one was killed in the crash, and you feel a lawsuit is necessary to get justice.
Parties Who May Owe You Compensation In A Commercial Vehicle Accident In Orlando
An Orlando trucking accident lawyer can help determine who is responsible for your injuries.
Possible liable parties in your Orlando commercial vehicle accident lawsuit may include:
- The driver directly responsible for causing your accident
- A government entity responsible for road conditions
- A company whose part failed to function properly, contributing to your collision
Multiple parties could owe you compensation for your losses, which makes truck collision cases relatively complex. A truck driver’s employer may be held liable under some circumstances, such as if they:
- Failed to properly vet the driver for red flags in their personal and professional histories before hiring them
- Failed to monitor the at-fault driver for dangerous driving behaviors
- Failed to administer thorough drug and alcohol screening to the driver
- Failed to maintain a system for ensuring that their trucks are roadworthy at all times
An employer may be liable for a driver’s negligence simply because the driver is their employee. Beyond the driver and employer, other parties, such as manufacturers of defective parts, could be liable for some of your accident-related losses.
An Orlando personal injury attorney may help you identify all parties contributing to your injuries and other losses.
How Is Negligence Established In An Orlando Truck Accident?
A lawyer may base their argument that negligence occurred upon a concept called “duty of care.” In certain situations, people have a duty not to cause harm to others. This duty of care may apply in many ways in an Orlando truck accident case.
An Orlando truck driver, or another party, may violate their duty of care to others through:
- Dangerous driving practices, such as tailgating, speeding, or distracted driving
- Driving in an unsafe state, whether they are intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, overly tired, psychologically unstable, or emotionally agitated
- Making poor decisions, such as turning into oncoming traffic or changing lanes abruptly
Employers, manufacturers, those that maintain a road, and anybody else who could cause an accident also have a duty of care. Your lawyer could establish negligence by showing that one or more parties violated their duty to you or your loved one.
How Long Does An Orlando Truck Accident Claim Take To Settle?
No two Orlando truck accidents are alike, so no definitive answer is how long your insurance claim may take.
Several factors affect the length of time that a settlement for an truck accident requires, including:
- The extent to which you and other parties agree about your account of the events
- Whether your injuries are minor enough to be covered by an insurance policy
- Whether the at-fault parties’ insurance carriers offer you a fair settlement
- How long it takes an insurance company to offer a favorable settlement
- Whether you decide to bring a lawsuit to pursue more compensation
- How long it takes for your lawsuit to be processed in court
- Whether the defendants named in your lawsuit offer a settlement that both parties agree on
- Whether your lawsuit requires a trial to reach a resolution
A specific judge, attorney, or defendant could significantly impact the pace of proceedings. However, an experienced attorney could give you an estimate of your case’s expected timeline.
Do You Have To Go To Court For An Orlando Truck Wreck?
Many personal injury cases never go to court and don’t need to. You may obtain fair compensation through initial negotiations with an insurance company or a pre-trial legal settlement.
Still, if your truck accident lawsuit does require a trial and related court appearances, your lawyer could:
- Negotiate with the other party’s attorneys, who could become more open to a settlement as the trial progresses.
- Present the case to a judge or jury, showing why the defendant or defendants are responsible for your accident.
- Present evidence of the losses you sustained and request compensation.
A personal injury attorney may attempt to avoid trial because:
- You would receive compensation more quickly through a settlement.
- A settlement is the least strenuous path to getting the money you need.
If you decide to go to trial, your lawyer can fight for any awards you are entitled to in court.
How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After An Orlando Truck Accident?
You do not have forever to file a truck accident lawsuit. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have:
- Two years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit
- Two years from the accident date to file a wrongful death lawsuit
These statutes are not necessarily carved in stone, and your case may be an exception to these statutes. Because of this possibility, you may want to contact our legal team to discuss bringing a lawsuit, even if you believe that more than two or four years have passed since the motor vehicle accident.
Benefits Of Getting An Early Start On Your Truck Accident Case
You may want to speak with an experienced Orlando truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after your collision, as the statute of limitations may not be the only time-sensitive deadline in your case. There may be other guidelines regarding:
- Reporting the accident
- Reporting injuries that resulted from your collision
- Resolving any insurance-related matters
A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will understand the statutes and guidelines for your case, whether your accident caused your injuries or someone’s death.
Understanding, correctly interpreting, and complying with the statute of limitations can be challenging. When our law firm handles your case, we ensure it is filed on time and eliminate the costly risks of non-compliance. If your case is not filed on time, your case could be dismissed without being heard. This means you have no way to hold the responsible party accountable and recover compensation.
How Do I Find An Orlando Truck Crash Lawyer?
You can find an Orlando truck and auto accident attorney by:
- Speaking with friends, family, or colleagues who have dealt with personal injury lawyers in the past, as they may provide recommendations
- Conducting research into the pool of Orlando personal injury lawyers
- Scouring Google reviews, client testimonials, and personal injury law firm websites to determine whether a lawyer or law firm is a fit for your legal needs
- Reviewing any available media, such as video advertisements, to get a better feel for a lawyer’s demeanor
- Getting a free case evaluation
What You Can Learn During An Initial Consultation With A Truck Accident Lawyer
Free consultations may give you more insight into the following:
- How a specific lawyer or firm may treat you
- The services that a firm provides
- How seriously a law firm takes you as a prospective client
- How a law firm or specific lawyer plans to pursue compensation
- Whether you are comfortable with a certain firm or lawyer
Consider our Orlando team as you search for the right law firm.
What Are The Types And Causes Of Orlando Truck Collisions?
Truck accidents are among the most dangerous types of motor vehicle collisions, often resulting in severe and permanent injuries.
Common truck accident types and their causes include the following:
- A side-impact collision may be due to a truck running a red light, a traffic sign, or another driver error.
- A rear-impact collision may result from a truck driver being distracted or driving aggressively, leading them to tailgate and strike the rear of your vehicle when you slow down or stop.
- A head-on collision may indicate that the at-fault driver was negligent in veering into oncoming traffic.
- An accident could result in your vehicle rolling over, which the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) notes often results in death or serious injury.
There are several ways these types of vehicle collisions can be caused. For example, your accident may have occurred because of:
Driver fatigue is one common factor contributing to truck accidents. Drivers are often under pressure from their employers to meet deadlines and complete long hauls without sufficient rest time. This leads to tired drivers who may make mistakes or lose focus while driving.
Poor Vehicle Maintenance
Vehicle maintenance is another significant factor in preventing truck accidents. Trucking companies must ensure all vehicles receive regular inspections and necessary repairs before hitting the road. Failure to maintain trucks properly can result in mechanical failures causing dangerous situations for the driver and other motorists.
Dangerous Road Conditions
Road conditions also play a role in causing truck accidents, including uneven pavement, potholes, construction zones, or debris on the roadways. In addition, traffic congestion increases the risk of collisions as drivers become impatient and stressed while navigating heavy traffic.
Preventative measures such as enforcing proper rest times for drivers, ensuring vehicle maintenance checks are conducted regularly, improving road conditions, and reducing traffic congestion could greatly minimize the number of truck accidents on our roads. As legal professionals specializing in this area, we must advocate for safer practices within the industry to protect truckers and other motorists sharing the same highways.
Injuries sustained due to Orlando truck accidents can be severe and life-altering for the victims. We will delve into these injuries next and discuss how seeking proper medical treatment and obtaining legal representation can assist victims with their recovery process.
The Importance Of Evidence In Truck Accident Claims
Gathering evidence is key when it comes to investigating truck accident claims. Preserving evidence that could help establish liability, determine injuries, and seek compensation is important. Interviewing witnesses and assessing damage are also critical to the process. Negotiating settlements, understanding regulations, exploring options, utilizing expert witnesses, and analyzing evidence are necessary for truck accident claims.
Gathering Evidence After Your Orlando Truck Accident
Gathering evidence to support your claims is important if you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident. Evidence plays a crucial role in determining who was at fault and what kind of compensation should be awarded.
One critical aspect of gathering evidence is document preservation. This involves collecting all relevant documents, such as medical records, police reports, and black box data from the trucks involved in the accident. These documents can provide valuable information about how the accident occurred and who may be liable for damages.
Eyewitness testimony is another important piece of evidence that must be gathered quickly. Eyewitness accounts can help reconstruct the events leading up to the accident and shed light on any negligence from the truck driver or other parties involved. It is essential to take down contact information from eyewitnesses as soon as possible before they forget details about what they saw.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents In Orlando, FL
Can I Sue The Trucking Company And The Driver After An Orlando Truck Accident?
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, you may wonder whether you can sue the trucking company and the driver. The answer is yes, in some cases. For example, suppose the driver was an employee of the truck company and acted within the scope of his or her employment at the time of the accident. In that case, the company may be liable for any damages caused by its employee’s negligence.
However, it’s important to note that insurance coverage and settlement negotiations can be complex when dealing with multiple parties, so it’s crucial to have legal representation who understands how to navigate these issues. A skilled accident attorney can help you determine whether you have grounds for a negligence claim against the driver and the trucking company and work to secure a fair settlement on your behalf.
What Evidence Is Most Important To Collect At The Truck Crash Scene?
Collecting as much evidence as possible at the scene is critical when you plan to file a motor vehicle accident case. Important evidence often includes witness testimony, vehicle damage documentation, police reports, and surveillance footage. Collecting this information can help build a strong case for compensation if you have been injured in the accident.
Witness testimony can provide key details about the accident, while vehicle damage documentation demonstrates the extent of harm caused. Police reports also contain essential information that can be used during settlement negotiations or litigation processes.
Finally, surveillance footage from nearby cameras can offer insight into what happened leading up to and during the incident. It is important to work with an experienced legal professional who understands what types of evidence are most valuable in these cases and how they should be presented to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
What Should I Do After An Orlando Truck Accident?
Doing the following will help protect your rights and keep your options open for pursuing compensation for an Orlando truck accident:
- Obtain insurance information and contact information from those involved in your accident.
- Proceed with caution when giving your account of the crash to a law enforcement officer or insurance adjuster without a lawyer’s guidance.
- Accept medical attention at the accident scene and seek follow-up care in the days following the crash.
- Contact emergency personnel for help moving your vehicle to safety.
You may also want to consider contacting an attorney for help with your personal injury claim. They will:
- Advise you on your various options for seeking compensation.
- Present each approach’s benefits and downsides.
- Be a buffer between you and other parties, such as insurance providers, who may not act in your best interests.
- Handle the vehicle crash lawsuit, should you decide to pursue one.
- File a report of your accident if the police did not respond to the scene. This is important since Florida Statutes § 316.066 requires that your collision be reported within ten days of a completed investigation.
An experienced truck accident lawyer can ensure you act prudently to protect your rights. You can speak with a legal team about pursuing any compensation you are entitled to, whether you plan to initiate a lawsuit or not.
Can You Sue For A Rear-End Truck Collision In Orlando?
You might be able to sue one or more people if you were involved in a rear-end traffic crash with a truck in the Orlando area. If you were a driver or occupant of a rear-ended vehicle, you might have suffered one or more serious injuries.
The size and weight of large trucks may cause catastrophic damage in this kind of collision. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), fatalities from accidents between large commercial trucks and passenger vehicles:
- Affect drivers and passengers in smaller vehicles more often than the occupants of a truck
- Involve large weight discrepancies between vehicles
- Tend to involve one or more types of negligence by a commercial truck driver and anybody responsible for the driver’s actions
The circumstances surrounding your case will decide exactly how much you can collect. Discussing how your accident occurred and how it impacted your life can help your legal team understand how to calculate your losses.
Get A Free Review Of Your Orlando Truck Accident Case Today
We understand your accident may have caused financial hardship, and those involving a truck often inflict more harm than other collisions. An Orlando truck accident lawyer may be able to assist you, so reach out to our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a truck accident in Orlando, do not hesitate to contact us today. Our team of experienced truck injury lawyers will fight relentlessly on your behalf to hold those responsible accountable for their negligent actions. Trust us to handle every aspect of your case with professionalism and compassion.
We are committed to delivering a positive client experience by helping truck accident victims get the compensation they need. Contact us to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW