A drunk driving car accident can result in injuries and financial losses that impact you for the rest of your life. Any driver in Florida with a 0.08 percent blood alcohol level or above is legally impaired, and it is negligent for them to be behind the wheel.
If you or someone you love were hurt because of a drunk driver, you can seek compensation and justice through the legal system. An Orange City car accident attorney from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can guide you through every step, so you can devote more time and attention to your recovery.
Recoverable Damages Your Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer Can Pursue in Orange City
Imagine driving down the highway when a drunk driver comes out of nowhere and strikes your car. After you regain consciousness, you realize that your car is in the ditch and you need immediate medical attention.
The hospital provides you with emergency care and then surgery. You have to stay a few additional days so the doctors can run tests. At this point, you could have any number of severe injuries, including traumatic brain injury (TBI), internal bleeding, spinal cord injury, neck injury, or broken bones, not to mention cuts and bruises.
Your medical bills are piling up. Your recovery will take months, so you can’t work to make an income. The drunk driver’s negligence has left you not only in pain but insecure about your future.
Damages That Hold Drunk Drivers Accountable
Our law firm can help you recover the following types of damages after a drunk driving accident:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost income
- Child care costs
- Household services
- Vehicle repairs
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment
If you lost your spouse or a family member in a drunk driving accident, you may be able to recover wrongful death damages for funeral costs, medical bills, lost income, and more. We are deeply sorry for your family’s loss—let us handle your legal case so you can be with your family and take ample time to grieve.
Determining the Financial Value of Your Case
The value of your case will depend on which of the above economic damages (which have a set monetary value) and non-economic damages apply to you. Non-economic damages are more challenging to calculate, yet still very important to consider.
There are no caps on compensatory damages in Florida, and punitive damages up to three times the value of the compensation you recover could be ordered by the court.
How an Orange City Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer From Our Firm Can Benefit Your Case
In the aftermath of a drunk driving car accident, we urge you to consult a personal injury attorney right away to learn about your rights and options as a plaintiff. Because the statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida is only two years (per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), hiring a lawyer in a timely manner gives them the time they need to build a strong case for you.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can do far more for you than build your case. If you hire us to represent you, you can expect us to go above and beyond by:
- Responding to your calls and emails—prompt communication with clients is important to us and to them
- Helping you get the necessary repairs done on your vehicle so you can travel to doctor appointments, physical therapy, and other places
- Providing you with your lawyer’s contact information and regular updates on your case
- Connecting you with support and resources such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), an organization that holds a special place in the heart of founding partner Marc Anidjar
- Working on a contingency fee basis—you don’t have to pay us unless we win your case and you receive compensation
- Offering free case evaluations, because everyone should have access to legal representation regardless of their financial status
- Walking you through the legal process every step of the way as your case advances
- Investigating the accident and collecting evidence to back up your claim
- Calculating the value of your claim so we can demand the amount of compensation necessary to adequately cover your losses
- Negotiating with the liable party and their insurer to secure a fair settlement
- Preparing your case for court and filing a lawsuit if necessary
- Meeting the statute of limitations and all other legal deadlines in your case
- Protecting your right to pursue the compensation you deserve through the legal system
As soon as you walk through our doors, everyone at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine treats you like a family member. We wouldn’t want our own family members fighting this battle themselves—you are not alone.
Consult a Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer in Orange City Today
Having the right lawyer makes all the difference in a personal injury case. A lawyer who has solid experience in dealing with insurance companies, a lawyer who thoroughly knows and understands personal injury law in Florida, a lawyer who has successful trial experience, and most importantly, a lawyer who cares about you as a person—this is the kind of lawyer you want to have to handle your drunk driving car accident case.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are passionate about holding negligent people accountable for their actions. Drunk drivers leave lasting injuries that can rip families and lives apart, and they should have to pay the price for it. You deserve compensation. You deserve justice. We want to help you get both so you and your family can move forward with a more secure future.
We’re ready to answer your questions, explain your legal options, and learn more about your case. To schedule a free consultation with a drunk driving car accident lawyer in Orange County, please contact us today.
We Can Help.