Distracted driving is becoming an increasing problem with every new advancement in technology. In a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the problem is not limited to vehicle operators and passengers. The CDC states that approximately one in five people who lost their lives in 2019 to a distracted driver were pedestrians, bicyclists, or other bystanders outside a vehicle.
After an accident caused by distracted driving, an Orlando distracted driving car accident & injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. Our car accident team works with distracted driving cases to fight for compensation for you after an accident.
Exploring The Causes Of Distracted Driving
Technology is a major cause of driver distraction, but there are others. Year after year, our vehicles include more features that can draw the driver’s attention away from operating a car safely. Some of the most common distractions include:
- Texting or talking on the phone
- Talking to passengers or children in the car
- Finding a radio station or adjusting sound controls
- Adjusting heating or cooling controls
- Checking or adjusting Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment
- Smoking, eating, or drinking
People also routinely drop items on the floor and fish blindly for them while trying to maintain speed and stay in their traffic lane (it rarely works). Distracted driving is any activity that removes a driver’s attention from the act of driving.
Increasing Technology Is Making Matters Worse
The CDC states that the daily accident toll involving distracted driving in the United States includes nine deaths and more than 1,150 injuries. There are three types of distraction:
- Visual distractions include anything that takes your visual focus off the road. This can be a passenger you turn to speak to, children in the back seat, or an animal grazing at the side of the road. Checking your position is a visual distraction if you utilize a GPS device. Texting is one of the leading causes of visual distraction.
- Manual distractions can also be associated with many visual distractions as they overlap. These involve any activity that removes one or both hands from the steering wheel while driving. Eating, drinking, texting, adjusting passenger compartment controls, and similar activities are manual distractions.
- Cognitive distractions are the things that consume your mental capabilities while driving. They can include being over-tired, upset or angry, sad, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. A rough day at work or an unexpected diagnosis from a doctor can contribute to cognitive distraction while driving.
Any distraction may endanger you, your passengers, people in other vehicles, or pedestrians near roadways. After an accident with a distracted driver, consulting with our car accident team can help you determine your next steps.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving Orlando, 800-747-3733
Types Of Injuries From Distracted Driving Accidents
Bumps and bruises are common in any vehicle accident. Some of the other injuries you might experience include:
- Fractures, strains, and sprains
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, and abrasions
- Head injury, including concussion and traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Whiplash, neck, spine, and nerve injury
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Loss of limbs or digits (fingers and toes)
The severity of injuries can be more significant in distracted driving accidents. The driver, being distracted, may not react in time to brake or apply evasive maneuvers. This can mean a higher-speed collision with other moving vehicles, stationary objects, or pedestrians.
OrlandoDistracted Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Determining The Level Of Compensation For Your Injuries
When our personal injury team evaluates your case, they will place a monetary valuation on your injuries. This will include the economic impact of the accident and the non-economic impact it has on your life and family.
Economic damages are direct compensation for the money you pay out or wages lost due to an inability to work. They can include the following:
- Ambulance costs
- Emergency room treatment
- Surgical and other medical procedures
- Medical devices
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages, including salary, commissions, bonuses, and vacation pay
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of pension or other employment and retirement benefits
Non-economic damages include things that might not have a monetary value but cost you in terms of quality of life after an accident. They can consist of the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of relationships
When our team evaluates your case, we will consider all short and long-term damages from your accident. We also consider the effect your injuries may have on your family.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
An Orlando Distracted Driving Car Accident Lawyer Is Here For You
Any accident can leave you feeling distraught, overwhelmed, and frightened. The immediate concern for many accident victims is the financial burden of an accident. Medical costs, vehicle repair and replacement, and loss of the ability to work can create a cascading feeling of hopelessness.
An Orlando distracted driving car accident & injury lawyer can help to dispel that hopeless and lost feeling. You deserve compensation for your injuries; we will fight to obtain that. You can enjoy peace of mind with our team working for you.
What We Do For You
Even though many accidents are investigated by law enforcement personnel, our team will conduct a secondary investigation. We will collect evidence, determine the cause of your accident, and interview witnesses to build a strong claim for you.
We will communicate with the insurance company so you can concentrate on healing. Insurance adjusters can notoriously twist what you say to use it against you. We know all the tricks and will handle all negotiations regarding your compensation. We will ensure you receive a settlement to pay your medical costs and other bills.
Many accidents and personal injury claims settle before they go to court. Our team prepares your case as if we expect to go to court. This allows us to fight for your compensation before a court appearance and, if necessary, in court.
Support For You In Your Time Of Need
Our car accident and injury team will be there for you when you need a strong team. We provide you with your attorney’s phone number, offer frequent case updates, and answer your questions.
Our responsive legal care means that you can concentrate on healing while we take care of all the details. We are active in your community (it is our community too).
Orlando Distracted Driving AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Finding An Orlando Distracted Driving Car Accident & Injury Lawyer
When you need an Orlando car accident & injury lawyer for an accident involving distracted driving, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are ready to fight for you. You don’t have to face this alone. Contact our team for a free case evaluation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW