It can be difficult to cope with any kind of auto accident; however, it can be even more stressful if you’re unsure how you’re going to collect insurance money for your losses. If you were injured as a rideshare driver, a passenger in a rideshare, a pedestrian, or another vehicle driver, we can help. Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will investigate the cause of your accident and negotiate appropriate compensation.
Our Pembroke Pines Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer will handle every aspect of your case. We start with a free review of its details and merits. Our goal is to recover compensation for your medical bills, income loss, and pain and suffering. We will review your options for recovery, including the rideshare company’s insurance policy, and negotiate for a positive outcome to your case.
Compensation You Can Recover After A Rideshare Accident
Car accident injuries can have physical and psychological consequences. When our Pembroke Pines car accident lawyer accepts your case, we carefully assess its financial value. Economic damages we fight to recover for you include:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Past, present, and future loss of income
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- In-home medical and domestic support
- Property damage or total destruction
The value of these damages can usually be substantiated with receipts, bills, estimates, and other documentation. Our team will compile them for you. You may also be able to recover a range of non-economic damages, including:
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
According to The Cost of Convenience: Ridesharing and Traffic Fatalities: The University of Chicago research, fatalities have increased by three percent annually. If your family suffered the loss of a loved one, our wrongful death lawyer will also help you recover a range of wrongful death damages.
How The Statute Of Limitations Impacts Your Pembroke Pines, FL Case
Your Uber or Lyft accident case is more likely to end with a monetary settlement than with a trial. While our legal team works hard to achieve an appropriate settlement for you, we will file your lawsuit within the allotted time. Accordingly:
- Your personal injury lawsuit must be filed within four years of the date of the accident, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)
- Your family’s wrongful death lawsuit must be filed within two years of your loved one’s demise, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d)
Failing to comply with the filing deadline could prevent you from recovering any compensation at all. With sufficient notice from you, our law firm will not let that happen. We will ensure your potential lawsuit is filed on time.
How Uber And Lyft Insurance Coverage Works
In Florida, accident victims will most often begin their quest for compensation through their own Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. However, with a $10,000 limit and coverage only for medical bills, this may be insufficient for your needs. If you suffered serious injuries and exhausted this protection, we can pursue additional compensation through the at-fault party’s insurer.
While you could attempt to resolve your case on your own, doing so can be complicated. If the rideshare driver caused the accident, their on-app or off-app status will determine which insurance company we pursue for financial recovery. Accordingly:
- If the accident occurred while the app was off, rideshare insurance does not apply, and we will pursue damages from the driver’s private insurance provider
- If the accident occurred while the driver was on-app and awaiting a ride request, we will determine whether to pursue the driver’s private insurance or the rideshare liability insurance
- If the accident occurred while the driver was on the way to a passenger or actively transporting one, we will pursue compensation from the rideshare company’s liability coverage
We will review the Uber and Lyft insurance policies in detail and explain each policy’s specific coverage limitations and maximums. Our investigation into your accident will prove its cause and the driver’s status at the time the accident occurred.
Our Rideshare Accident Lawyer Will Prove The At-Fault Driver’s Negligence
To hold the at-fault party accountable for compensating you, our rideshare accident attorney will prove the following required legal elements of negligence.
- Duty of care: The driver’s responsibility to provide you with a duty of reasonable care
- Breach of duty: The at-fault driver’s failure to provide the required duty of care
- Causation: Proof that your accident would not have occurred but for the at-fault driver’s negligent actions
- Damages: The financial consequences created by the accident, your injuries, and the recovery process
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our familiarity with personal injury law means we know how to build a strong compensation case. Our Pembroke Pines Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer will build a robust evidence file that proves these elements and leads to a favorable settlement.
Evidence We Collect To Prove Your Right To Post-Accident Financial Recovery
Our legal team will not interrupt your recovery by asking you or your family to collect evidence. Instead, we build a compelling case file for you. It will include the following:
- Your accident report containing details on the accident’s cause, important contact information, and notes and diagrams from the investigating officer
- Statements and observations from lay and expert witnesses who support your version of the events
- Medical records and bills that document the cause of your injuries, their degree of severity, and their known and anticipated costs
- Employment and salary history records that prove the value of the income you cannot earn due to your injuries and the recovery process
- Accident scene photos, traffic and dashcam videos, and accident reconstruction reports
We do more than compile the evidence that supports your compensation request. We also organize it and submit it to the at-fault driver and their insurance company on your behalf.
We Strive To Provide Peace Of Mind
Our law firm is committed to providing responsive legal care. We make sure you get your attorney’s direct contact number and frequent case updates. We also ensure you receive timely responses to your questions, concerns, phone calls, and emails.
Call 24/7 For A Free Review Of Your Rideshare Accident Case
Were you or someone you love injured in a rideshare accident, our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will help you seek fair and appropriate financial compensation. Contact our case review team to find out how our Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer goes the extra mile for the clients we represent in Pembroke Pines.
We Can Help.